1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

LaRon Landry anyone?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by lambeaulambo, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    Some think he is a top 5 safety... After putting on that much muscle mass, I would suggest moving him to defensive tackle! Lol

2. SEWICHEESE

SEWICHEESE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I give him a lot of credit for putting the effort into getting that kind of body but does that translate into being a good football player? At some point I think you have enough muscle mass and after that point it becomes a detriment. He has reached that point and blown the doors off! He should probably become a bodybuilder and engage in his true love, seriously. I wouldnt spend the money that it would take to get him, although he is a good hitter, but thats about it. I really dont know what the heck he is thinking, he can get huge like this after his NFL days.

3. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    Exactly. This might affect his speed negatively and he might not have the quickness needed to close off on the runningback or run with a receiver over the top... There is a reason why someone athletic (like Clay Matthews) isn't a safety.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    This reminds me.
    It's laundry day today for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Problem with Landry is that the muscle buildup is not limited to the visual. It continues between his ears.

• Like Like x 1
  6. eric

eric Hater gonna hate

Ratings:
    +22
    Someone's been abusing the GH

7. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    This guy is available again. He played all 16 games for the Jets and from the little bit I saw of him he looked pretty good. Anyone else's thoughts?

8. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    He may hit with more force than the entire packer secondary combined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Not enough field range. We already have McMillian

10. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,799
    and whats wrong with Bob ? :rolleyes:

11. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Bob got beat up. Though the kid from Syracuse has a very similar feel

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    We could really have used Landry's physicality. I don't think anyone can question that.
    Him in the box with Burnett deep would have been ideal. This guy tackles.... but he has been brittle despite tons of muscle, and he's not great in coverage.
    But he is a clear talent.
    We could have gotten him cheaper last year..... no way this year.

13. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I like his physical ability, but for some reason there is something about him that just says it wouldn't work.

14. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    You guys have already hit all the things I would say about acquiring Landry. His size and his ability to cover the field. Our D needs somebody who can cover the field in this pass happy game. I think his size would certainly be a hindrance in that respect. That brings up another question. Why is he beefing up? Somebody mentioned a possible switch to LB. Somebody also mentioned the idea of drug testing. Anytime somebody bulks up that fast it leads to questions. But the biggest reason I would say nay on Landry is the cost. I don't think he's in our budget range with all the guys we have already. For anybody who wants him here I ask you this. Who, and we are talking several, guys are you willing to give up to bring him here.

15. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Bob Sanders and Ray Lewis are two good reasons why you shouldn't use the curling machine so often in the weight room. They separate their biceps too often. Look at an LB like Urlacher, he doesn't look too jacked in his arms but he doesn't need to have big biceps to be an effective player.