Lacy 2014

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he could hit 1500 yards if all goes well. What do you guys expect from him this season?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see him get to 1,000 yds rushing and 400+ yds receiving and not be worn-down for the playoffs. Would also like to see Starks & ?? combine for another 800 yds. rushing. Split the load, have all 3 fresh(er) for the playoff run AND roll during the run to the Super Bowl.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Lacy missed some time last season and even played a couple games dinged up and was still very productive. If that kid can stay healthy, I can see another very productive season. I see : Lacy - 1350 yds rushing, 14 TD's and 300 yds rec. Now starks seemed most productive when they limited his snaps and only used him as a Lacy breather. Starks stays healthy, I hope he can kick in and provide at least another 500-600 yds rushing. I just hope that the sophmore slump does not affect Lacy.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lacy is the new Marshawn Lynch. He runs hard, excellent YAC, plays hurt and has a nose for first down marker and end zone. What more do you want? He has the asthma thing so that's the only thing I could see holding him back a little. Starks will take some carries too and maybe Dejuan Harris in screen game. I think 1200 yards for sure and maybe more depending on how much they throw vs run. It's still a pass first offense.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to see him not get too warn out later in the season. Spead the workload between Him,Starks and someone else spit the load.

Green and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he talented enough? Maybe, I just don't think he will be touching the ball as much as other guys like Jamaal Charles or LeSean.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I would like to see him not get too warn out later in the season. Spead the workload between Him,Starks and someone else spit the load.
The word you're looking for is "Kuhn" or "Cobb." We'll run the ball as much as 12 says we'll run the ball, meaning 4 RB on the 53 is unlikely.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see him not get too warn out later in the season.
I'm not sure that Lacy will stay healthy but I hope so. Most rookies struggle to adjust to the longer season as they've never had to play so long consistently. Hopefully he'll have better legs for Year 2 but he'll also be battling the stigma of the sophomore slump. There is a reason that term evolved - because it happens to players that show rookie promise. Again, I'm hoping that it's not so.

The combination of Lacy, Starks, Harris, and Cobb in certain situations should all lead to a balanced rushing attack and hopefully fresh legs when the playoffs come around.

Rodgers isn't a big stat guy...and he already had his dazzling year in 2011. He's tasted a championship. Let's hope that his 30 year old brain leads him to the conclusion that less passing can lead to more success. The Packers have leaned heavily on that arm for far too many seasons.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Lacy won the offensive rookie of the year, so I don’t think he’s that underrated.
We'll run the ball as much as 12 says we'll run the ball, meaning 4 RB on the 53 is unlikely.
If you are including FB within RB - and by mentioning "Kuhn" I'm guessing you are, it would be very unusual for a Thompson/McCarthy team to go into a season with 3 RBs/FBs on the final 53. Over the past five years, the fewest RBs and FBs on the 53-man roster going into a season has been four. That was the case last season and in 2011. In 2012 and 2010, they went into the season with 5 RBs. In 2009, they had 3 RBs and 3 FBs on the final 53 going into the season. Each season they had at least 3 RBs (as opposed to FBs) except in 2010 when they had 2 RBs active (and 3 FBs) and James Starks on the PUP list.

I’m guessing Lacy, Starks, Harris, and Kuhn make the final 53.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Lacy won the offensive rookie of the year, so I don’t think he’s that underrated. If you are including FB within RB - and by mentioning "Kuhn" I'm guessing you are, it would be very unusual for a Thompson/McCarthy team to go into a season with 3 RBs/FBs on the final 53. Over the past five years, the fewest RBs and FBs on the 53-man roster going into a season has been four. That was the case last season and in 2011. In 2012 and 2010, they went into the season with 5 RBs. In 2009, they had 3 RBs and 3 FBs on the final 53 going into the season. Each season they had at least 3 RBs (as opposed to FBs) except in 2010 when they had 2 RBs active (and 3 FBs) and James Starks on the PUP list.

I also mentioned Cobb, so you're mistaken. I agree that those 4 make the roster, and I don't see any other RB/FB making the team this year. Neal or Perkins might make PS.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I also mentioned Cobb, so you're mistaken. I agree that those 4 make the roster, and I don't see any other RB/FB making the team this year. Neal or Perkins might make PS.
Zartan wrote, ‘spread the workload between Lacy, Starks and someone else’. You responded the word you’re looking for is “Kuhn” or “Cobb”, and then wrote “4 RB on the 53 is unlikely”. Since you only mentioned three RBs including Kuhn and didn’t mention Harris or another RB, and Cobb is obviously a WR …

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy won the offensive rookie of the year, so I don’t think he’s that underrated. If you are including FB within RB - and by mentioning "Kuhn" I'm guessing you are, it would be very unusual for a Thompson/McCarthy team to go into a season with 3 RBs/FBs on the final 53. Over the past five years, the fewest RBs and FBs on the 53-man roster going into a season has been four. That was the case last season and in 2011. In 2012 and 2010, they went into the season with 5 RBs. In 2009, they had 3 RBs and 3 FBs on the final 53 going into the season. Each season they had at least 3 RBs (as opposed to FBs) except in 2010 when they had 2 RBs active (and 3 FBs) and James Starks on the PUP list.

I say that from seeing people list best RBs in the league and he seems left off if it.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I say that from seeing people list best RBs in the league and he seems left off if it.

Maybe due to him being so new. If a performance like 2013 happenes again, he will be mentioned. Rookie of the year and voted to the top 100 ...... I think those two alone says a lot of him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Zartan wrote, ‘spread the workload between Lacy, Starks and someone else’. You responded the word you’re looking for is “Kuhn” or “Cobb”, and then wrote “4 RB on the 53 is unlikely”. Since you only mentioned three RBs including Kuhn and didn’t mention Harris or another RB, and Cobb is obviously a WR …
Somehow my brain automatically inserted Harris when I first read Zartan's post. Time for some :coffee:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My main concern with Lacy is his workload. Even after missing two games and being limited in others, Lacy carried the ball the 5th most times in the NFL last season. The Packers need to find a way to lessen his workload. He runs VERY hard and is a back that takes (and delivers) a lot of hits. He's had a history of getting dinged up (though unlike Starks he's managed to play through most of it) and I really don't want to see him carry the ball more than 280 times during the regular season.

Should he carry the ball that many times (and Rodgers play the entire season) I wouldn't be shocked to see him run for over 1,200 yards next season and catch 40+ passes for another 300 yards.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Starks and Harris there is no need for Lacy to get 1500yds. His talent level is good enough to do so.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Starks came out of Buffalo, he was thought to have the best hands out of all the Rbs in the draft, by many scouts. Spiller got all the credit for his hands, and Starks went under the radar to GB in the 4th... I called Starks the poor mans Adrian Peterson. Not just because they have the same size and stature. But Starks ran hard and seemed to want to punish tacklers... He couldnt take the abuse. There's only one AP unfortunately.

IMO, part of Starks problem was that he was running scared. Same went for Alex Green in a larger scale. The tallent is and was there, but injuries and inability to settle down and follow blocks, and schemes... This seemed to change for Starks last year with the beast 2.0 #27 came into all of our lives. He was the veteran. He was healthy, and not beat down. And he had over a 5 ypc average as a result...

Combine the fact that Lacy has become a legit recieving threat out of the backfield himself. Rodgers will be more likely to get comfortable dumping off to the playmakers. And McCarthy will be more likely to call a designed RB pass if we can get behind the d-line easily that way...

I ask myself every year. How can the offense get better. McCarthy does a great job filling the offense with tallent. Covering most aspects of offensive strategy... But one thing missing. And something we've been working towards since we drafted Starks I believe. Is the legit RB that can catch the ball. Its a back breaker for defenses.

harris is the apparent 3rd down change of pace type. Because he can catch and is smaller...

It seems to me that we finally have RBs that can flat out get it done! Run and pass out of the same formations EFFECTIVELY!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts