Lacy 2014

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I think he could get 1500 on another team. I don't think we need him to get that many yards to be effective. I think he'll hit 1000 but he will be sharing the load with Starks too much to hit 1500. Id like to see him improve more as a receiving back too.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
There are RBs considered better than Lacy (AP for one) but is there a team deeper at RB than the Packers? League-wide Harris may be the forgotten man in the Packers’ backfield but we remember what he was able to do behind a (to be kind) not great run blocking OL. As I've mentioned before Harris may be the KOR, particularly if Hyde starts.

I agree about the importance of the RBs catching the ball out of the backfield. That puts tremendous pressure on defenses and helps to temper their pass rush. One of the first highlights I saw from mini camp was Lacy catching a pass out of the backfield in stride – a beautiful thing!

I wonder if they’ll have a designated third down back this season. They may but depending upon how the backs pick up blitzes, they may just leave Eddie on the field on third downs and then have Starks spell him for a series or two or three.

BTW, James Starks was the 193rd pick of the 2010 draft in the sixth round. He slipped because of (legit) injury concerns.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think there has been enough attention to how Lacy's running style and body type is uniquely advantageous to the Packers. In the past, opposing pass rush has been a problem in part because of our continually makeshift offensive line.
The beautiful thing about Lacy is that his bulk size, power and running style make him a bruising back. I have read former players turned analysts analogize facing that type of running back to catching a heavy, falling sofa on every corner. That wears down defensive lines. Not only will Lacy get opponents out of that two safety back formation, but it will atrophy opposing defensive lines. So as the game goes on and Rodgers has the ball, that pass rush will become increasingly less effective.
I am really optimistic about this year. I hope we destroy anyone and everything in our wake, starting with Seattle and, should we meet, the niners.

Members online

Latest posts