Keep in mind this is a pre-season game

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a pre-emptive post. My apologies to some up front, this will sound a bit hoity-toity...but I want to refresh everyone's memories about what is going on.

I just want to remind the faithful to not judge tonight's game as if it were the season opener against Detroit.

The Packers are still experimenting at several positions...offensive line, secondary, tight end just to name a few. They might look like crap, again.
This is not a sign that the end is near, contrary to a couple of the 'faithful' here who think anything short of Lombardi isn't good enough.

Fact: Lombardi's team lost to the college all-stars one year...I think among the most humiliating losses in team history.

It looks like Rodgers is going to play a majority of snaps with Brett starting and J.T. finishing up.

The Packers are going to play vanilla with the game plan tonight on both sides of the ball, so as not to let the scouts from elsewhere see too much.

It's very frustrating to see the team bumble around in the pre-season....however, except for the last game before the start of the season where a majority of starters play the majority of time, this is nothing more than an extended live-action practice, where players can be assessed under real game conditions.

So pop the top on a Miller Lite and relax....it's fun to watch the Packers but this ain't the real deal.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post net but as I'm sure you know, it is a wasted use of your keyboard for some of these guys. If the Packers look like crap....the sky is falling. At the same time, if the Packers dominate....don't make reservations in Detroit for February.

I'm with you...just relax and enjoy watching rookie players and free agents fighting for their NFL lives. I enjoy any football game where one team is wearing green and gold with a G on the helmet.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait for the game tonite.I'm waiting to see how Rogers makes out,he should be in after Brett,with the first team.
Got my Miller Lite chillin' on ice! :cheerleader: :beer: :thumbsup:

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
This is a pre-emptive post. My apologies to some up front, this will sound a bit hoity-toity...but I want to refresh everyone's memories about what is going on.

I just want to remind the faithful to not judge tonight's game as if it were the season opener against Detroit.

The Packers are still experimenting at several positions...offensive line, secondary, tight end just to name a few. They might look like crap, again.
This is not a sign that the end is near, contrary to a couple of the 'faithful' here who think anything short of Lombardi isn't good enough.

Fact: Lombardi's team lost to the college all-stars one year...I think among the most humiliating losses in team history.

It looks like Rodgers is going to play a majority of snaps with Brett starting and J.T. finishing up.

The Packers are going to play vanilla with the game plan tonight on both sides of the ball, so as not to let the scouts from elsewhere see too much.

It's very frustrating to see the team bumble around in the pre-season....however, except for the last game before the start of the season where a majority of starters play the majority of time, this is nothing more than an extended live-action practice, where players can be assessed under real game conditions.

So pop the top on a Miller Lite and relax....it's fun to watch the Packers but this ain't the real deal.

You sound a bit nervous, Net. :-? lol.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
HOW CAN YOU SAY 'JUST' A PRESEASON GAME HAVE YOU NOT READ THE FACTS!!! IF THE PACKERS LOSE THEIR CHANCES FOR THE SUPER BOWL DECREASE DRAMATICALLY AND IF THEY LOSE A SECOND OMG CANCEL THE SEASON FOR THE PACKERS...

Okay I'm done with my WheelioFredian moment...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts