JPP Says "“They can’t run the ball on us“ and we will win

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm also wondering if we will ever see your ******* again after Sunday?

Packers have won the last 22 of the past 23 and you're talkin smack? Please. We already beat the giants once this season.

Please chase our QB. Please. Because you won't find a better QB out of the pocket. Better hope your secondary gets healthy real fast.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Is this a third thread on the Giants game? I don't expect to see the Packers do any more running than they've done all year. If it ain't broke.... But I do expect to see Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Finley, and Jones put that Giants secondary to the test a whole lot more than the Falcons did.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Sadly he has a point....We couldn't run the ball against them earlier this year, just as we couldn't run the ball against them in 2007 when Favre threw the pick.

I don't care what you think about it being a quarterback's league....It is impossible to win in the playoffs if you only have 35 rushing yards like the Lions last night against the Saints. Best quarterback in the league or not, they will hold the weight of the world on their shoulders if they have to put it up 35-50 times cause the running game is non-existent. That is NOT a risk I'd want to take. There's a lot of playoff games in Dan Marino's career where he would put up some great numbers and totally out play the quarterback across the field, sometimes 400 yard games (before it was a common thing) and the Dolphins would still lose because one team had 130 or more rushing yards, while they barely had 30 on the board. Running the ball is going to be a key factor. We've already seen 4 playoff games, and all 4 of the winning teams had out standing running games.

Reaction score
Starks and even Grant haven't been healthy all season but Grant is ready to go. The key is will Starks be? It's up to our O-Line to create space for Grant and Starks to run. I think Grant has a lot to prove this post season. He wasn't around last year while Starks ran wild. It's his turn now.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The average stats for the teams that played this weekend.

Winners. 164.5 yards rushing, 304 yards passing
Losers. 82.0 yards rushing, 281 yards passing

Rushing has no place in this new QB driven league.

Crash_override

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This in all just hype. A bunch of Giant's fans fist-pumping eachother into believing they can win. The Pack will win this game, and this time they won't have to go to Jersey City to do it.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers and the Packers' passing attack is far more dangerous than any team that lost this WC weekend with the possible exception of the Lions. The Lions actually were able to move the ball well against the Saints but they are a young, not very well disciplined team that made some bad mistakes. (And they couldn't tackle to save their lives.)

So to say that the Packers absolutely need to run the ball to beat the Giants...I don't agree. They need to run the ball some and if they can run it some that will probably be all they need. Unless the Giants pass rush just overwhelms the Packer OL, which might happen...but probably won't.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks and even Grant haven't been healthy all season but Grant is ready to go. The key is will Starks be? It's up to our O-Line to create space for Grant and Starks to run. I think Grant has a lot to prove this post season. He wasn't around last year while Starks ran wild. It's his turn now.
I really like the way you think and the positive vibe you bring around here, CPF Eight O. (Cali. Packers Fan 80)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Since Grant came back and has been feeling 100% he's been running well too. If Grant/Starks/Kuhn/Saine can run maybe 15-18 times for about 80+ yards, and produce enough 2-and-5s or get a first down on a 3rd-and-4 type scenarios, I think we're good.

Reaction score
Since Grant came back and has been feeling 100% he's been running well too. If Grant/Starks/Kuhn/Saine can run maybe 15 or so times for about 80 yards, and produce enough 2-and-5s or get a first down on a 3rd-and-4 type scenarios, I think we're good.
What really killed the Falcons is they couldn't get those 3 and short or 4th and short conversions. But we have a mobile QB and I have faith in our O-Line and since Pierre-Paul is basically calling them out with his statements, I am sure they will be ready to go.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Grant came back and has been feeling 100% he's been running well too. If Grant/Starks/Kuhn/Saine can run maybe 15-18 times for about 80+ yards, and produce enough 2-and-5s or get a first down on a 3rd-and-4 type scenarios, I think we're good.

I forgot to add, if Grant/Starks/Kuhn/Saine/Rodgers can rum maybe 15-18 times.....

Reaction score
I really like the way you think and the positive vibe you bring around here, CPF Eight O. (Cali. Packers Fan 80)
Why thank you. I understand being concerned about the Giants and what they bring to the table but the Giants should be concerned about us as well. These Giants were 9-7 in the regular season so obviously their front 4 didn't overwhelm everybody. Besides, it's not like the Packers haven't seen this defense before. They aren't going to do anything that's going to shock Rodgers or intimidate him. Matt Ryan was intimidated today, you could see it in his eyes. I don't think you can really rattle Aaron Rodgers.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What really killed the Falcons is they couldn't get those 3 and short or 4th and short conversions. But we have a mobile QB and I have faith in our O-Line and since Pierre-Paul is basically calling them out with his statements, I am sure they will be ready to go.

JPP opened his mouth a little too much after a big win. I have a feeling he may quit talking trash as the week goes on when he realizes that the Packers aint' the Falcons.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...But you guys really do have no run game right now, and that's how you win in January. That was one of the keys to your success in winning your SB last year when Starks got rolling. Our run game is rolling right now. Atlanta had a top 5 rush defense. And I'm sorry but no one is scared of James Starks or Ryan Grant.

Reaction score
...But you guys really do have no run game right now, and that's how you win in January. That was one of the keys to your success in winning your SB last year when Starks got rolling. Our run game is rolling right now. Atlanta had a top 5 rush defense. And I'm sorry but no one is scared of James Starks or Ryan Grant.
You should be scared of Aaron Rodgers. You guys faced a scared QB in Matt Ryan and maybe that is why Pierre-Paul is on top of the world right now thinking he is going to intimidate Rodgers. Please. Brandon Jacobs is woefully inconsistent so I am not really buying "our run game is rolling right now" spiel you are presenting.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These Giants were 9-7 in the regular season so obviously their front 4 didn't overwhelm everybody.
This is the healthiest our DLine has been all year and you are seeing the results. Tuck was injured basically the entire season, no Osi for the majority of the season, no defensive gelling at all because of the constant swaps and injuries.

Not saying we are capable of shutting down your passing attack because Rodgers is an incredible passer, but we can definitely get to him easier than when we played weeks ago. Should be a great game.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should be scared of Aaron Rodgers. You guys faced a scared QB in Matt Ryan and maybe that is why Pierre-Paul is on top of the world right now thinking he is going to intimidate Rodgers. Please. Brandon Jacobs is woefully inconsistent so I am not really buying "our run game is rolling right now" spiel you are presenting.

Scared of him? No. It's just that JPP has been terrorizing QBs all year. You know how you stop great QBs like Rodgers or Brady? You knock them down. Kinda hard to throw perfect spiral laser beams when you're laying on your back. We have the best DLine in the NFL, and now that we are 100% healthy... Rodgers and your O-Line better be ready.

Reaction score
This is the healthiest our DLine has been all year and you are seeing the results. Tuck was injured basically the entire season, no Osi for the majority of the season, no defensive gelling at all because of the constant swaps and injuries.

Not saying we are capable of shutting down your passing attack because Rodgers is an incredible passer, but we can definitely get to him easier than when we played weeks ago. Should be a great game.

Yeah well our O-Line also was not healthy the day the Giants played the Packers at MetLife. We didn't have Sitton or Clifton and I don't even remember if Bulaga played that game. Yeah, I saw the results of a healthy D Line against a mentally weak Dallas Cowboys team and a passive, intimidated Falcons team. Not quite the same monster when facing the Pack. Getting to him easier doesn't mean you are going to stop him. He is almost as dangerous out of the pocket as he is in the pocket. Keep that in mind.

Reaction score
Scared of him? No. It's just that JPP has been terrorizing QBs all year. You know how you stop great QBs like Rodgers or Brady? You knock them down. Kinda hard to throw perfect spiral laser beams when you're laying on your back. We have the best DLine in the NFL, and now that we are 100% healthy... Rodgers and your O-Line better be ready.
Yeah, well the Giants sacked Rodgers a couple of times and knocked him around some more and he still dropped 30+ on you. Rodgers is a mobile QB. That's something that can't be discounted. He makes plays with his legs like he does with his arm. You guys got the benefit of playing a dome QB who seemed too scared of the moment today.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That is easier said than done. The Packer OL is now also 100% healthy with all their starters back, something they haven't had since like the 3rd game of the season. And consider this: Rodgers has been working behind a patchwork OL for almost the whole season. He's been getting hit and sacked, and yet he's still had one of the greatest seasons for a QB ever.

The one game near the end of the season where the OL protected Rodgers was against Chicago--no slouches on defense--and Rodgers torched them for 290 yards and 5 TDs and he sat out the entire 4th Quarter.

Giants' front 4 is really good and I'm sure they'll be getting pressure on Rodgers, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to slow down the passing game of the Packers that much.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes no one is saying that Rodgers is not a great QB. Anything else would be sheer ignorance so no need trying to sell Rodgers to me like he's a car. I've seen the specs.

You're lucky you're from LBC and Bradley Nowell is my hero, or I'd be giving you a much harder time!

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is easier said than done. The Packer OL is now also 100% healthy with all their starters back, something they haven't had since like the 3rd game of the season. And consider this: Rodgers has been working behind a patchwork OL for almost the whole season. He's been getting hit and sacked, and yet he's still had one of the greatest seasons for a QB ever.

The one game near the end of the season where the OL protected Rodgers was against Chicago--no slouches on defense--and Rodgers torched them for 290 yards and 5 TDs and he sat out the entire 4th Quarter.

Giants' front 4 is really good and I'm sure they'll be getting pressure on Rodgers, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to slow down the passing game of the Packers that much.

Of course its easier said than done. I'm simply saying that is the formula to beat great QBs. Disrupt the timing of the routes, keep Rodgers in the pocket. That is the formula. How it all plays out is not up to any of us.

I love how you Pack fans keep trying to explain to me how good Rodgers is like no one's ever watched him play or heard of him. WE ALL KNOW HE"S A GREAT QB!!

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Congrats, you beat the Falcons at home by half as much as we beat them on the road by last year in the playoffs. We are jealous. I guarantee we keep the chains moving on a consistent basis regardless of means.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats, you beat the Falcons at home by half as much as we beat them on the road by last year in the playoffs. We are jealous. I guarantee we keep the chains moving on a consistent basis regardless of means.
You guys sure are cocky. I guess I would be too if my team went 15-1. We get the Ballard call correct and we beat you. You guys lost to the Chiefs of all teams...I like our chances Sunday. You guys are clearly the better team so you should win right?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts