JPP Says "“They can’t run the ball on us“ and we will win

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A decent running game is sometimes needed but not as much as some believe IMO. The Colts in 2009 made the SB with the last ranked run game and barely could run the ball in the AFC playoffs vs. the Ravens or Jets. Granted it was indoors and all but still........

In the SB vs. the Saints the run game was there and the Colts went away from it.

Strangely enough the Colts have defied a few things in the playoffs. In 2006 they had a historically bad run D who was ranked dead last and they went on to win a title. In 2009 they had the last ranked rushing O and went on to be in the SB and come close.

You just need the threat of the run at times. You don't need to be the Texans. They have to have the run to win. The Packers do not. Not to mention the Packers have a QB who can run. I almost expect Aaron to do a lot of running in the playoffs even though sometimes it can be dangerous.

moral of the story: Did they win the superbowl?

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's all this talk about the Giants having a "Good" team that plays well on the road?

In case you guys forgot, since I don't live that far from it, I'll remind you of something

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oh and I'll post them one too just for the Lols

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Looks like the other 2 damn good teams in the NFC didn't have a problem with the Giants on the road. No excuses allowed....Saints totally slaughtered them, and while the Niners don't have much of an offense compared to GB or NO, their defense out lasted ELIte Manning.

Saints are 8-0 at home, including that dismantling of the Giants, and the Packers are 8-0 including many blow out wins. NYG a great team on the road? Thanks for the laugh.

Love how u forgot to mention how we walked into Foxboro and won. We lost by a TD to the 2nd top team in the league in their house. I guess we'll find out this sunday who has a more realistic pulse on their team

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been very public about what motivates him, and being dissed and doubted is one of the things that does. Doesn't mean we can't lose - but he definitely feeds off of negative talk about this team.

yea but this is run of the mill stuff.... I think he was doubted alot more personally.

I mean it started in the draft when the 9ers skipped him, then people started calling him a china doll (i remember that cuz i always like him), then the Packers fans for the most part were pretty unaccepting of him at first due to "THE GREAT ONE" getting the shaft

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea but this is run of the mill stuff.

I tend to agree pretty strongly. I think rival fans get a WHOLE lot more riled up about this kind of comment than rival opponents. Pierre-Paul (did I even spell that right?) didn't make any personal attacks. Didn't slight anyone on our roster. Just got caught up in the moment and made a comment that he probably wishes he had back; not because of any extra motivation it gives to the Packers, but because fans and media have taken off with it like they have. He's probably sick of hearing about it/being asked about it.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to agree pretty strongly. I think rival fans get a WHOLE lot more riled up about this kind of comment than rival opponents. Pierre-Paul (did I even spell that right?) didn't make any personal attacks. Didn't slight anyone on our roster. Just got caught up in the moment and made a comment that he probably wishes he had back; not because of any extra motivation it gives to the Packers, but because fans and media have taken off with it like they have. He's probably sick of hearing about it/being asked about it.

yea think so. Im not one for spelling so I just go with JPP

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
yea but this is run of the mill stuff.... I think he was doubted alot more personally.

I'm sure it's run-of-the-mill privately, but I hate to see football players/coaches publicly guaranteeing victory. I know it happens, but you're just begging the other team to embarrass you, if they're capable of it.

I know all about how Rodgers was doubted personally and the impact it had on him (and similarly, Tom Brady), but to your point: I try, as often as I can, to listen to Rodgers on his weekly radio appearance. I've heard him say people who doubt the Packers (suggesting New Orleans is now "the team to beat" is one example he himself has given) give them something to prove. He's a competitive guy, and not just for himself.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is the most logical, objective comment on JPP-gate I've seen on this board.

To be honest, I'm sure JPP does believe what he said. Just like I'm sure every Packer player thinks they're going to wax us on Sunday. Should he have said it publicly? Probably not. But really it's all semantics, we know all the players are confident in their abilities. Whether they voice it or not.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I expect both teams to break 30, but at the same time I could see this strangely working out to be a lower scoring affair, its happened before
Just as I can see both teams breaking 30 as well. It's just a feeling. As prolific an offense as the Packers have, they can be stopped; same can be said for the Saints. Any given Sunday.

Members online

Latest posts