Jordy retiring , or not??

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this true, I hope The Raiders cut him, so we can bring him back. He should've never left in the first place imo.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If this true, I hope The Raiders cut him, so we can bring him back. He should've never left in the first place imo.
With the Packers reportedly only willing to sign Jordy at around Vet. Minimum, it really wasn't Jordy who made the decision for him to leave.

I highly doubt Gute would bring him back, unless injuries just make it the most logical choice.

The next time Jordy puts on a Packer uniform, it will probably be for only one day and just to retire as a Packer.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cobb's injuries linger AND the Raiders cut him, I wouldn't mind Jordy back for the veteran minimum.

The good news is, if he's cut, no one will claim him. His cap number has not matched his production at all.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cobb's injuries linger AND the Raiders cut him, I wouldn't mind Jordy back for the veteran minimum.

The good news is, if he's cut, no one will claim him. His cap number has not matched his production at all.

To be fair Carr hasn't really been playing well this year. But at the same time Jared Cook is balling out! I was mad we let him go! I bet that is one The Packers wish they had back.

Phazael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Jordy's numbers before the fire sale started were a different story. Cobb is consistent with his inconsistency (one good game, one bad one, one game out with an injury, wash, rinse, repeat) while Jordy was steady whenever AR was under center. Cobb should have been sent packing and Jordy sat down to hammer out a more reasonable deal. Does anyone think the new guys are learning more sharing a locker room with Cobb than they would have with Jordy?

Also, the Raiders are a dumpster fire by design. Chucky signed a ten year deal so that he can get five to rebuild that whole disaster from the ground up. Anyone who thought otherwise should have gotten their wakeup call when they let Mack go. Jordy just had the misfortune (along with Cook) of being brought in under the old regime. That roster will likely see complete turnover in the next three years. Any veteran who sticks around for that situation is just collecting a pay check.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Jordy's numbers before the fire sale started were a different story. Cobb is consistent with his inconsistency (one good game, one bad one, one game out with an injury, wash, rinse, repeat) while Jordy was steady whenever AR was under center. Cobb should have been sent packing and Jordy sat down to hammer out a more reasonable deal. Does anyone think the new guys are learning more sharing a locker room with Cobb than they would have with Jordy?

Also, the Raiders are a dumpster fire by design. Chucky signed a ten year deal so that he can get five to rebuild that whole disaster from the ground up. Anyone who thought otherwise should have gotten their wakeup call when they let Mack go. Jordy just had the misfortune (along with Cook) of being brought in under the old regime. That roster will likely see complete turnover in the next three years. Any veteran who sticks around for that situation is just collecting a pay check.

What baffles me is other than that game against Chicago, has Cobb really had another great game? He botched the game at Washington, and has been either injured or a no show this season. People say Jordy lost a step last season and that may be true, but the fact is he had Hundley throwing the ball and Jordy clearly wasn't a number 1 receiver as Adams was. I guarantee Jordy would've found ways to get open if he was still playing in Green Bay. Him and Rodgers shared a good connection, plus he'd be a good veteran with these new receivers, and this is coming from someone who likes Cobb.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy coming back with G-Mo out and Cobb's (who the hell knows about him) uncertainty would be awesome. Raiders would be real dumb to cut him though.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I haven't seen this "speculation" picked up by anyone considered reliable.

I'd bet on Jordy's character not allowing him to just hang 'er up on his teammates. I don't think the Kansas farmboy is built that way.

H

HardRightEdge

FYI, as a vested player (4 years of service) Nelson would not be subject to the waiver wire. He'd be an unrestircted free agent if cut. Nelson will not be playing again for the Packers unless there is a dire emergency and there's nobody better on the street.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI, as a vested player (4 years of service) Nelson would not be subject to the waiver wire. He'd be an unrestircted free agent if cut. Nelson will not be playing again for the Packers unless there is a dire emergency and there's nobody better on the street.

After the trade deadline, all players are subjected to waivers.

Not the most reliable source, but see here: https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/8/31/17804144/how-nfl-waivers-work

Relevant text:

However, during the season, beginning immediately after the NFL trade deadline passes and continuing through the end of the regular season, vested veterans (players with four or more years of NFL service) are also subject to the waiver process.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Not the most reliable source, but see here: https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/8/31/17804144/how-nfl-waivers-work

Relevant text:

However, during the season, beginning immediately after the NFL trade deadline passes and continuing through the end of the regular season, vested veterans (players with four or more years of NFL service) are also subject to the waiver process.

Guessing that this is suppose to incorporate keeping teams competitive and give the first shot at a released player to the lesser quality teams. It may also be a way to try and prevent side deals for those in the hunt for a Super Bowl from an under the table deal of acquiring a valued player from another team.

D

Deleted member 6794

While I can appreciate the Jordy love Fest, he's done. Has anybody followed in this year? Again, he's done. He was done last year. Letting him go was the right thing to do. Maybe it could have been handled better but it was the right move.

Nelson had six touchdown receptions during the first five with Rodgers starting last season. He wasn't done at that point.

if we were real contenders you might want to think about trading a 7th for him (or picking him up if oak release their rights) but since we're not...

With the trade deadline having passed there's no way to trade for another player.

Yeah, Jordy's numbers before the fire sale started were a different story.

Nelson had one great game with the Raiders catching six passes for 173 yards and a touchdown against the Dolphins. He didn't even reach 50 yards in any other contest.

What baffles me is other than that game against Chicago, has Cobb really had another great game?

True, Cobb hasn't performed on a decent level since week 1 either.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But at the same time Jared Cook is balling out! I was mad we let him go!
That irritated me also, for several reasons. I thought Cook had earned his place on the team, not only with his play in general, but for catching that pass at the end of the game, that helped us beat Dallas to advance to the NFCCG. Instead, Ted signed Martellus Bennett, who turned out to be not only not that good, but also a quitter. It's appropriate Ted lost his position the following offseason.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I can appreciate the Jordy love Fest, he's done. Has anybody followed in this year? Again, he's done. He was done last year. Letting him go was the right thing to do. Maybe it could have been handled better but it was the right move.

Idk about that jordys stat line is 25 catches for 353 yards 14.1 a catch and 3tds. That's actually pretty good for being on a 1 win team with a scared qb. Id argue that had he stayed in Green Bay with Rodgers his stat line would be even better than that. To me it's become completely clear that it was the wrong move to release Jordy and it would have been a far better move to release Cobb. Which is what I thought at the time, they would do. Release Cobb and move Jordy primarily into the slot. Had that happened the team would be much better off right now

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Relevant text:

Jordy could still "retire", the Raiders could still cut him, and if anyone claims him, he stays retired. If no one claims him then the Packers could grab him as a FA. How to pull this off without a tampering or collusion accusation is the only tricky part. the rest is simple. The team that claimed him would need cap space if he "unretired" and a roster spot when they put in the claim. They'd only do that for spite and to prevent the Packers from getting him. Bears are lower on the waiver order FYI.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Who knows, maybe IF Jordy does retire, IS cut by the Raiders AND the Packers can get him off waivers, he could be back.

Appears the Packers are working out some Free Agent WR's, so I assume that there is a need and this doesn't appear to be good news about getting Cobb back anytime soon.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...-work-out-KJ-Brent-DeAndrew-White--124678544/

Edit: After looking up information on both of the guys the Packers are working out, I can't imagine the Packers are looking at them as PS players at best. White has barely seen an NFL field since being an UDFA out of Alabama in 2015 and Brent was an UDFA out of Wake Forest in 2016 and has never played in a regular season game.

Maybe Gute had some Frequent Flyer miles and hotel vouchers he had to use up?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts