Jordy Nelson

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is anyone else really excited to see this kid play. He has a high football IQ, very good hands and great speed. I think it will be a good battle between him and James Jones for the NO.3 WR spot.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I like the kids work ethic and he does seem to have good hands. I don't remember seeing him drop a lot of passes. He's not huge which is a negative, but he seems to have some quickness after the catch. I don't think he'll break a lot of tackles, but as long as he holds onto the balls, it's all good. He also has some GREAT talent around him at WR which sort of distracts the D away from him. I see him making some good contributions this year. GB must have one of the deepest WR corps in the game right now.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like him, but I think Jones will be the #3 target. He outplayed Nelson at the game, and has more upside. Nelson will still take a lot of snaps though.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones has to stay healthier than he had his first two seasons. If he does, at 6-1,218, he & Nelson (6-3,217) will give the Packers a formidable pair of big, physical receivers to go with the speedier guys Jennings & Driver.
The Packers should be able to spread defenses with a lot of four & five wide sets plus what we may have developing at tight end with Finley & Lee.
Nelson ( and Jones) can also return kicks, thus increasing their value.
Only New England, Arizona, New Orleans look like more productive passing offenses than the Packers if every one stays well.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they will rotate between each other and they have talent to be number 2 recievers. I really like Nelson and Jones and I think they will no doubt put up decent numbers, in the ballpark of 800 and 6 TD each. If Jones can stay healthy, he can become a top 20 reciever in the league and Nelson looks like a Welker-type in the respect of receptions.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlifer, New Orleans seems more productive because of Drew Brees. In terms of WR corp, the Packers, Cardinals and Patriots are ahead of the Saints.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints must have somebody catching Brees's passes 'cuz they had over 5000 yds. last season; over one thousand more than the Packers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints must have somebody catching Brees's passes 'cuz they had over 5000 yds. last season; over one thousand more than the Packers.
It was all Brees. They had one of the worst running games last year, everyone knew they would pass the ball, and yet they still managed to do it. Yes, Colston, Henderson, Moore, and Shockey (and Meachem, if he can show anything he did at college) are a formidable receiving corps. But they're not at the same level as Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Lee and Finley are IMO.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pat- Nelson caught 2 passes for 23 yards against the Bills.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts