Jordy Nelson Vs Julio Jones

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson has been a key player for the Pack. While Jones may be the better receiver overall, who would be a better fit on this Packers offense? Hypothetical of course....

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Jordy is getting old and now hurting. Julio is one of the top WRs in the league hitting his prime. You really think this is debatable?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Julio is a better fit at WR than any other WR in the league on any team in the league.

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the best WR in the NFL is the best fit in any offense in the NFL. No disrespect to Jordy but we're talking about Julio.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Insert Julio in Jordy's place right now (today), and he would turn the Packers into the NFL's best offense just like that.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So all this is Jordy`s fault ???
So simple minded to jump to a silly conclusion like that. I don't see how anything is Jordy's "fault" given that he can't control what happened to him in August of '15. It's not like he got hurt on purpose, but it has been pretty much universally recognized that Jordy isn't the Jordy of '14. That's through no fault of his own, he's been hurt and he's getting older. So wording it like it's his "fault" is unfair. I don't think anyone has suggested that.

But given the recent play of Cobb, Adams, and Montgomery, you mean to tell me that if you put Julio on this team right now, that he would be single covered, seeing press man coverage like Jordy is seeing right now? No way. Rodgers would have his pick of open receivers all over the lot. Defenses wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do with that.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is, you'd either have to have huge bucks in FA if Jones or another top WR became available, or a top 5-10 pick in the draft.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So simple minded to jump to a silly conclusion like that. I don't see how anything is Jordy's "fault" given that he can't control what happened to him in August of '15. It's not like he got hurt on purpose, but it has been pretty much universally recognized that Jordy isn't the Jordy of '14. That's through no fault of his own, he's been hurt and he's getting older. So wording it like it's his "fault" is unfair. I don't think anyone has suggested that.

But given the recent play of Cobb, Adams, and Montgomery, you mean to tell me that if you put Julio on this team right now, that he would be single covered, seeing press man coverage like Jordy is seeing right now? No way. Rodgers would have his pick of open receivers all over the lot. Defenses wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do with that.

You`re entitled to your opinion, even if it is offensive to me personally. I`m getting a little cheesed off with all this "Something is wrong with Aarons head " ********. It seems like some sort of sacriledge to say that Aaron Rodgers is not playing like the Aaron Rodgers we KNOW he can be.
I`m glad we beat Bears, and I hope we beat the Falcons this week. Why not go the whole hog and accuse me of not being a true Packers fan ? That`s the normal next stage.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You`re entitled to your opinion, even if it is offensive to me personally. I`m getting a little cheesed off with all this "Something is wrong with Aarons head " ********. It seems like some sort of sacriledge to say that Aaron Rodgers is not playing like the Aaron Rodgers we KNOW he can be.
I`m glad we beat Bears, and I hope we beat the Falcons this week. Why not go the whole hog and accuse me of not being a true Packers fan ? That`s the normal next stage.

Here, here, Bill. Way to go.

D

Deleted member 6794

I remember them getting ripped up for it too. Not so much now.

Well, while the Falcons were able to draft an elite receiver by moving up in the top 10 overall it didn't work out that well for Atlanta, not making the playoffs for the last three seasons.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I have come to discover that you are very quick to get your feathers ruffled when someone tries to debate you, especially with substance. I'm not sure what I did to offend you. All I said was that it is simple minded to make the statement that you made. Never did I imply that you are a simple minded individual, hell I don't know you. And never did I question your fandom. I thought this was a place where Packer fans could discuss the team, whether it be reality or fantasy/hypothetical scenarios. I thought that healthy debate was encouraged here, maybe I was mistaken.

And where in the post that you quoted did I mention anything about Rodgers head? You're all over the place with this one. Sorry that I obviously hit a nerve, but if you aren't willing to go back and forth in a debate, then I'll know to avoid you in the future. You ask a question, I give my opinion on the question that you posed, and then you come back with zero substance on the question you brought up, and the question that I answered.

Don't ask the question if you don't want a poster to give their opinion. I've posted on message boards for a very long time, this is what it's all about, baby. Let's discuss, let's debate. I don't see the problem.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or trade up into the top 10 like the Falcons did for Julio.

Or draft one in the or early 2nd like we did with Jordy and Jennings or how the Jaguars got Robinson or how the Steelers got Brown, in what I believe was the 6th, or the slew of other great WRs that aren't top picks comming out.

Not to say the answer to the original question isn't Julio by a mile at this point or that it isn't easier to find an elite guy high in the draft but they can be and have been found later.

As a side note I can't believe I saw a poster refer to Julio as a generational talent. Good freaking hyperbole batman. He's been the best WR in the league for like an entire 5 minutes. Can we hold off on the generational talk for a guy who before this season, or possibly last season, was a 2nd tier reciever behind the elite guys at the position?(one of which was Jordy)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have come to discover that you are very quick to get your feathers ruffled when someone tries to debate you, especially with substance. I'm not sure what I did to offend you. All I said was that it is simple minded to make the statement that you made. Never did I imply that you are a simple minded individual, hell I don't know you. And never did I question your fandom. I thought this was a place where Packer fans could discuss the team, whether it be reality or fantasy/hypothetical scenarios. I thought that healthy debate was encouraged here, maybe I was mistaken.

And where in the post that you quoted did I mention anything about Rodgers head? You're all over the place with this one. Sorry that I obviously hit a nerve, but if you aren't willing to go back and forth in a debate, then I'll know to avoid you in the future. You ask a question, I give my opinion on the question that you posed, and then you come back with zero substance on the question you brought up, and the question that I answered.

Don't ask the question if you don't want a poster to give their opinion. I've posted on message boards for a very long time, this is what it's all about, baby. Let's discuss, let's debate. I don't see the problem.

Right, we seem to have our wires slightly crossed here, so I`ll try to clarify my point, politely.
My initial question was not directed at you personally, but all week and probably more, I have read various comments regarding Aaron Rodgers being not quite right mentally. I argued the point that he is extremely well paid for what he does. It`s his job. I did not mean you personally, but I stand by my comment about it being almost a cardinal sin to actually state that Rodgers is not performing to the level we as fan are entitled to expect.
Your comment seemed to question how I could dare question Aaron Rodgers. Maybe I misread it, or maybe you could have worded it better, who knows ?
If you don`t want to engage me in conversation in future ?, that`s fine, I can live with that. If you want a private conversation ? that`s fine too.

D

Deleted member 6794

Or draft one in the or early 2nd like we did with Jordy and Jennings or how the Jaguars got Robinson or how the Steelers got Brown, in what I believe was the 6th, or the slew of other great WRs that aren't top picks comming out.

Not to say the answer to the original question isn't Julio by a mile at this point or that it isn't easier to find an elite guy high in the draft but they can be and have been found later.

As a side note I can't believe I saw a poster refer to Julio as a generational talent. Good freaking hyperbole batman. He's been the best WR in the league for like an entire 5 minutes. Can we hold off on the generational talk for a guy who before this season, or possibly last season, was a 2nd tier reciever behind the elite guys at the position?(one of which was Jordy)

It's true that it's possible to draft elite receivers after the first round as well. There's no reason to mention Julio being a generational talent but he has been an elite receiver since entering the league in 2011 though.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, while the Falcons were able to draft an elite receiver by moving up in the top 10 overall it didn't work out that well for Atlanta, not making the playoffs for the last three seasons.
It worked out 100 times better for them than it did for Cleveland. I doubt they have any regrets.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Right, we seem to have our wires slightly crossed here, so I`ll try to clarify my point, politely.
My initial question was not directed at you personally, but all week and probably more, I have read various comments regarding Aaron Rodgers being not quite right mentally. I argued the point that he is extremely well paid for what he does. It`s his job. I did not mean you personally, but I stand by my comment about it being almost a cardinal sin to actually state that Rodgers is not performing to the level we as fan are entitled to expect.
Your comment seemed to question how I could dare question Aaron Rodgers. Maybe I misread it, or maybe you could have worded it better, who knows ?
If you don`t want to engage me in conversation in future ?, that`s fine, I can live with that. If you want a private conversation ? that`s fine too.
I'm referring specifically to the post in this thread that you quoted, my thoughts on Julio v.s. Jordy, that has nothing to do with Rodgers state of mind. Now, if you're referring to a previous conversation that we had about Rodgers, that's fine. But all I did was state my opinion, and you stated yours. Again, what have I done to upset you besides attempt to debate and engage in conversation?

And just to be fair, you are the one resorting to using profanity, not me.

A private conversation would not bother me, although I feel that it would be totally unnecessary given that this whole thing has been pretty unnecessary. If you can't debate and discuss with me in a civil manner the issues regarding the Packers, then I will choose to discuss the team with other members of the forum.

I fail to see where I offended you. You're being too emotional (evidenced by your choice to use profanity) about a difference of opinion that we have, and instead of having a healthy debate, you're turning it into something entirely different.

Now, this is the last post that I am making regarding this matter. We can agree to disagree. There's nothing wrong with that.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It worked out 100 times better for them than it did for Cleveland. I doubt they have any regrets.
So, how many playoff appearances, let alone wins, does Atlanta have since they drafted Julio? nm I found it, 2 playoff appearances in his first 2 seasons with 1 win his 2nd year. Also, Cleveland screwed the pooch on their usage of the picks they got for moving down. Brandon Weeden?