Jordy Nelson injury

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? I've seen it happen ALOT

OK point taken, it seems people can be relatively fine after an ACL. But I've seen guys do their knee ligaments on the field and be carried off. So maybe there are degrees of severity

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the local radio that it is feared to be a tear based on medical examination, but will not be confirmed until an MRI is performed.

I heard that also, but unfortunately the tests done for possible ACL tears during a medical exam are very good. Not common at all to have a false positive on them.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both the Lions and Vikings have much better teams though. And the Lions aren't coached by Schwartz anymore lol

Whether or not that is true which I certainly don't agree with, the most important thing to remember is that we have Aaron Rodgers and you do not.

Gutpunch77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is what it is. All we can do is move forward I don't see TT signing anyone when we are sitting fat on WR's.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just worried about losing height. I know we have a lot of talented receivers, but only Janis and **** Rod are above 6'1". That might be a problem in the redzone.

H

HardRightEdge

I hate to say "I told you so", but I warned that:

(1) last year's very low injury count was a matter of luck as much as anything else, and to expect a regression to the mean and

(2) the #4 receiver receiver is important because you cannot expect to go 48 for 48 in starts among the top 3.

I can't say I expected a worst case scenario.

Let's hope Rappaport is all wet and it's just a sprain or an MCL. If Rappaport is right, I'm not seeing a reliable wide out replacement in this group. Cobb outside, and either Montgomery or White in the slot would be my preference pending the last 2 preseason games.

H

HardRightEdge

It is what it is. All we can do is move forward I don't see TT signing anyone when we are sitting fat on WR's.
About a month ago it was reported the Packers expressed interest in Reggie Wayne who remains unsigned.

Wayne is at New England today for a physical.

The Packers are surely not sitting fat at WR.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

(1) last year's very low injury count was a matter of luck as much as anything else, and to expect a regression to the mean and

(2) the #4 receiver receiver is important because you cannot expect to go 48 for 48 in starts among the top 3.

Let's hope Rappaport is all wet and it's just a sprain or an MCL. If Rappaport is right, I'm not seeing a reliable wide out replacement in this group. Cobb outside, and either Montgomery or White in the slot would be my preference pending the last 2 preseason games.

Luckily, Rappaport has been wrong before on stuff like this, especially when hes the first one to report it and not riding someone elses coattails. I'm just waiting to see what the MRI says. Hopefully its just a really bad knee sprain or an MCL/PCL.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veteran receivers available include Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, and Donnie Avery. Not sure any of them are worth a kick of the tires.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably gonna be Adams and Janis lined up wide with Cobb in the slot (assuming the MRI comes back as an ACL)

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While I hope you are totally and completely wrong, I suspect you are 100% correct about the Packers' injury situation returning to average (hopefully not way above average as it was for several years) this season after last season's incredible health.

Seattle had several critical injuries by the time of last season's NFC Championship game and the Packers were certainly more healthy than they were and yet we still lost.

Props to TT for re-signing Cobb and drafting Adams & Montgomery who, hopefully, can together somewhat make up for Jordy's loss.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I thought reggie had a good year last season. And if the Pats are looking at him i'd think that says something.

Anyway...
Glass half empty: It sucks.. Nelson is our number 1 and i'm not sure how Cobb/ the other receivers will fair. Jordy is like a second QB out there and helps both in his ability and the mental/schematic things he brings to the table. One half of the best WR duo last year.

Glass half full: WR always seems deep with the Pack. A-rod essentially makes everyone look better than they may appear (case in point, greg jennings, james jones etc.) Jordy often would disappear against some elite corners.

Overall it sucks, but we still have A-rod, Lacy and Cobb so I think the O will be fine. We won SB 45 with 12 ,13 or however many stinkin' players on IR as we all know, so if you don't buy into the Media/trigger finger fans saying we're doomed we will still be SB contenders.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any injury to a key WR is a blow as Nelson and Rodgers seemed to connect so well. Moving forward as we must, I will echo the thoughts of a few members in chat. We do seem to have a lot of depth at WR, I think that comes with the territory when you have a QB the caliber of Rodgers. As seemed to be the only positive in a otherwise devastating injury, someone or several someone's will inevitably rise up out of our depth charts to compensate for the loss. Rodgers seems to have that kind of affect on his WRs anyway.

Meanwhile I wish Jordy the best in his recovery no matter what that road is. We still walk it together.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About a month ago it was reported the Packers expressed interest in Reggie Wayne who remains unsigned.

Wayne is at New England today for a physical.

The Packers are surely not sitting fat at WR.

I've been saying that for a while now and few people have agreed with me. Comments like "Don't worry, Ted can pick em" and "Don't worry they're all just OK but Aaron makes em all better" were just some of the more common ones.

All along I've said we are pinning our hopes behind 1 & 2 on a little flash, lots of hype and tons of potential. We now have 1 WR who has played more than 1 year in the NFL and yet people will still say we are stacked. If any other team's fans would say that we would laugh at them.

I still like our WRs. I like what Adams did last year and I think he can improve. I'm impressed with what Montgomery has done in camp and I must say Janis may finally be getting it. In the long run I'm not sure it will make a huge difference in the final passing and receiving stats for the Packers as I still expect them to finish with one of the top offenses in the league. With this offense Jordy's numbers will be replaced. It just remains to be seen how and by whom. The biggest thing that this changes is that now the #4 wr and starting TE will become more important. Before we knew 1 and 2 (Nelson and Cobb) were going to get the majority of targets and Adams would get some and whoever was #4 or 5 would be lucky to get crumbs. Now, Cobb will still get his but I think rather than simply seeing the next man up getting a bunch more will see 3 or 4 guys dividing up Jordy's numbers.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
No sweat off my brow. I believe Davante Adams is more than ready to be starting :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why ?? it not good news but it is news !! It just shows how good he is and how much they fear him.

That is not a legit website. Its pretty much the sports equivalent of "BeforeItsNews". Its a clickbait website.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, WR is an odd position. I think that the WR position is replaceable if your QB is elite. Peyton Manning always made pedestrian TE's and WR's look good in his days at Indy. I'm not downplaying this Jordy situation one bit because Jordy is one of my favorite Packers, however, we have Aaron Rodgers and Rodgers is one of those rare QB's that can take a WR and inflate that WR's statistics just because hes.....Aaron Rodgers.

Yes, it sucks. But the 80-90 catches Jordy would have had this season will go elsewhere nicely. I'm guessing that Adams will now be a 60-75 catch WR this year and Richard Rodgers will probably catch an extra 20-25 balls that he normally wouldn't have if Jordy was here. Throw Janis (or whoever) into the mix and add another 20-30 catches and there you have it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack seems to have had quite a few ACL injuries that don't appear bad to the eye or even to the player....

Charles Johnson didn't even know he had torn his
Bulaga played the rest of the game
Abby
Jordy (most likely)

I'm used to seeing more like Quarless where you just destroy the knee on a violent play.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I hope you are totally and completely wrong, I suspect you are 100% correct about the Packers' injury situation returning to average (hopefully not way above average as it was for several years) this season after last season's incredible health.

Seattle had several critical injuries by the time of last season's NFC Championship game and the Packers were certainly more healthy than they were and yet we still lost.

Props to TT for re-signing Cobb and drafting Adams & Montgomery who, hopefully, can together somewhat make up for Jordy's loss.
More healthy in total I suppose you're right but AR was nowhere near right and if he were that game would've been over at half.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts