• Blake Bortles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Bortles is on his way here.

So who'll be your choice for next game (hopefully not 2)?

I'm leaning towards Love. Time to give him a tryout. I don't believe Blake will be a big difference given this late of a call.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bortles has been signed he probably doesn’t last longer than the week as a Packer. We have a single QB on the roster available to play and seeing as how 2 players from that group are out there’s more than a slight chance he could end up testing positive too leaving us with zero qbs for this game.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan Love makes way more sense, for a few reasons.

1. He's been with the Packers a lot longer than Bortles, he won't need to get up to speed at all. And presumably, Love has a rapport with wide receivers from practice.

2. We drafted Love to be our future QB. Now we have a chance to find out if he's the guy. We won't know for sure from just 1 or 2 games, but we might see some indicators one way or the other.

3. We know who Bortles is. He isn't our future. He's a guy who would probably be a serviceable backup, but obviously, he's not carrying any team to the Super Bowl.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Is this a real question?

All part of the Packers master plan for the season to keep their future QB well rested, safe from injury, and his mind uncluttered by learning the playbook. I also heard the Packers told him to put on a few pounds so he has an insulating layer of body fat in preparation for December/January games at Lambeau.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
News reports say we called Bortles in midst of a golf game and asked him to report here.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This makes sense. Bortles was in town this summer so he knows MFL's offense better than any other FA QB out there. With AR and the kid on the PS in COVID protocols there was no way we'd go into a game without a back up to Love. Yes, Cobb is probably our emergency QB but when the last time he threw a pass in an NFL game? I doubt Bortles will be around once AR returns.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm leaning towards Love. Time to give him a tryout. I don't believe Blake will be a big difference given this late of a call.
You're kidding, right? Bortles doesn't even know the offense. He's being brought in strictly to be Love's backup this week.

D

Deleted member 6794

This makes sense. Bortles was in town this summer so he knows MFL's offense better than any other FA QB out there. With AR and the kid on the PS in COVID protocols there was no way we'd go into a game without a back up to Love. Yes, Cobb is probably our emergency QB but when the last time he threw a pass in an NFL game? I doubt Bortles will be around once AR returns.

Cobb has thrown only four passes in his career, completing only one of them to Brett Hundley in the last game of the 2017 season. I definitely prefer Bortles being brought in as the backup but there's absolutely no doubt Love is going to start.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're kidding, right? Bortles doesn't even know the offense. He's being brought in strictly to be Love's backup this week.
Bortles is familiar having been here in camp.

Also this shouldn’t even be a question let alone a thread for the question. Love would have to get Covid not to start

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually stop paying attention to threads when they get off track. However, I am fully in favor of this thread getting off track.

Anybody still fishing? I'm heading up tonight to get a last fishing trip in for some eyes.

Who's been out hunting so far? I talked to a guy at the polling place on Tuesday who had seen a few does while out bow hunting but was holding out to fill his buck tag.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

If true, Bortles will be the backup and only play if Love gets hurt. The only other option is Cobb.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually stop paying attention to threads when they get off track. However, I am fully in favor of this thread getting off track.

Anybody still fishing? I'm heading up tonight to get a last fishing trip in for some eyes.

Who's been out hunting so far? I talked to a guy at the polling place on Tuesday who had seen a few does while out bow hunting but was holding out to fill his buck tag.
Got me a couple coyotes last weekend. Got $65 for one pelt and $75 for the other.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What state do they pay for coyote pelts?

My parents were not campers. The first time that I went out with a few buddies around 18yrs old, we were up in the mountains and the coyotes started howling as we were going to bed. They were moving around so the four of us were convinced that they had us surrounded. We were frantically looking around to see what we could use to defend ourselves. Then one of the guys from the other tent yelled out "Go to sleep you sissys. They're more scared of us than you are of them."

These days all that I ever hear are the wolf howls, which I enjoy much more. Maybe 15yrs ago, my wife and I invited a couple to our cabin for a winter trip. We only owned one snowmobile so my wife hopped on and towed all of the gear across the lake. We did the 5 mile walk. When we got to the cabin, we were a bit tired due to the snow depth. We collapsed onto the couches. Mrs El Guapo started telling us all of the things that she had done and then looked out the window. Whatever she said got us all to stand up and look. A pack of 5-6 wolves was following our tracks through the snow. They got to the dock and then stop. The lead wolf looked up at us, would sniff the track, look at us, scent, stare, scent, stare....then they decided to keep walking the shoreline. I've met a few in the woods. They always just seem more curious than anything. We usually stare at each other for a while and then continue on as we were. Fun stuff in the woods

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My parents were not campers. The first time that I went out with a few buddies around 18yrs old, we were up in the mountains and the coyotes started howling as we were going to bed. They were moving around so the four of us were convinced that they had us surrounded. We were frantically looking around to see what we could use to defend ourselves. Then one of the guys from the other tent yelled out "Go to sleep you sissys. They're more scared of us than you are of them."

These days all that I ever hear are the wolf howls, which I enjoy much more. Maybe 15yrs ago, my wife and I invited a couple to our cabin for a winter trip. We only owned one snowmobile so my wife hopped on and towed all of the gear across the lake. We did the 5 mile walk. When we got to the cabin, we were a bit tired due to the snow depth. We collapsed onto the couches. Mrs El Guapo started telling us all of the things that she had done and then looked out the window. Whatever she said got us all to stand up and look. A pack of 5-6 wolves was following our tracks through the snow. They got to the dock and then stop. The lead wolf looked up at us, would sniff the track, look at us, scent, stare, scent, stare....then they decided to keep walking the shoreline. I've met a few in the woods. They always just seem more curious than anything. We usually stare at each other for a while and then continue on as we were. Fun stuff in the woods
only wolf in the wild I've ever seen was from my car. A solitary one near Necedah, WI Driving to LaX one early morning in December. I have often had kids loudly proclaim, "there's a wolf!" when out and bout with my dog(s) however. Not sure that counts though.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I sell them to Hoosier Trap Supply in Greenwood, IN. There's a guy there named Chuck who pays well for undamaged trapped pelts and decently for pelts taken by rifle. I try to ship at least 4 or 5 at a time packed in dry ice. So far I've sold him 22 of them this year but I haven't had much time for it. The great thing about selling coyote pelts is nearly everywhere they are unrestricted for hunting all year round. But you can only trap them during regular trapping season. A few years ago when I had a lot more time I sold him about $4000 worth of coyote pelts on the year. I harvested at least one almost every weekend that year.

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan Love makes way more sense, for a few reasons.

1. He's been with the Packers a lot longer than Bortles, he won't need to get up to speed at all. And presumably, Love has a rapport with wide receivers from practice.

2. We drafted Love to be our future QB. Now we have a chance to find out if he's the guy. We won't know for sure from just 1 or 2 games, but we might see some indicators one way or the other.

3. We know who Bortles is. He isn't our future. He's a guy who would probably be a serviceable backup, but obviously, he's not carrying any team to the Super Bowl.
Although he did take the Jags to an AFC championship game. But of course the answer is Love.

Members online

Latest posts