• No

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • They are okay

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The only criticism Joe Buck deserves is that he used to be so boring and monotonous. Listen to his call of the David Tyree helmet catch in the Super Bowl and you'll see the perfect example of it. He's gotten better in recent years though.
Absolutely. It used to be really bad.

FeeMac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi folks, just like to weigh in here .... when Hawks offence was on - Joe and Troy gushed about them; when Packers offence was on - Joe and Troy gushed about Hawks defence. Constantly heard what the Hawks needed to do ..... would have been good to hear about the Pack occasionally!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t mind Troy because he has been there and lived it. But I am fairly certain Joe has no real claim to fame other than getting to announce with “the hall of famer” sitting next to him for football and baseball.

Aikman took too many shots to the head. He's boring and doesn't really add anything meaningful to the game. And you can count on him finding ways to bring up the Cowboys or Jerry Jones in every game he does.

Contrast him with Tony Romo, who is well on his way to being one of the best, if not THE best color commentator in football. I love watching his games because you almost always learn something new every time he's in the booth. You also don't have to listen to any anti-Packer bias with him being a Burlington kid. Tony's still a Packer fan at heart.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Why does Aikman always have so many defenders?

His analysis is worthless. Every game you'll hear this 100 times, "good job" by so and so on a play. The other 100 times he says, "nice job" by some OT on a block, or whatever. No actual analysis, just "nice job" comments is all you get for 3+ hours.

He offers almost no inside information like you get from the excellent color commentators like Romo & Collinsworth. Romo & Collinsworth actually try to pull back the curtain a little and provide the fans with some worthwhile insider breakdown of why something happened.

Aikman is a droning, monotone and unenthusiastic person. He sounds like a high school social studies teacher...BORING!

Thankfully we have McCarren & Larrivee & J. Kuhn. McCarren really points out some good stuff that gets missed by goofs like Aikman, and Kuhn is really improving every week, and this last playoff game vs. SEA he was giving some terrific sideline reporting on issues that the TV boys like Aikman were oblivious to.

Howard Cosell was a genius compared to Aikman. I remember him describing James Lofton on MNF, "like...a...gazelle!" You're never gonna get anything that memorable from a wet blanket like Aikman.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember that Bradshaw has the rep of not being very bright. That obviously hasn't changed and has only gotten worse.
Yeah, the Bradshaw schtick has always been that of the dumb hillbilly. But he’s really only playing himself. His act IS wearing thin.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does Aikman always have so many defenders?

His analysis is worthless. Every game you'll hear this 100 times, "good job" by so and so on a play. The other 100 times he says, "nice job" by some OT on a block, or whatever. No actual analysis, just "nice job" comments is all you get for 3+ hours.
I don't like listening to Aikman on commentary. But I've never gotten the impression that he is biased or unprofessional.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Aikman call MM one of the best play callers in the NFL. Aikman actually goes out of his way so much to compliment him that he lies to do it.

The funny thing was I always assumed his praise of Mike McCarthy was always the fueling cause of these ridiculous threads. Too many fans here always complained after every loss we had about MM's play calling or what have you that I figured whenever Aikman praised him that their heads must be exploding lol

Seriously though, I hope someone records the buck and Aikman audio this Sunday, saves every time Rodgers, LaFleur or any of the Packers that get praised and sticks a link on here to give these *****ers what for.

eric

Hater gonna hate
Reaction score
The emergence of Romo as a broadcaster has made every other broadcast team look sad.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The funny thing was I always assumed his praise of Mike McCarthy was always the fueling cause of these ridiculous threads. Too many fans here always complained after every loss we had about MM's play calling or what have you that I figured whenever Aikman praised him that their heads must be exploding lol

Seriously though, I hope someone records the buck and Aikman audio this Sunday, saves every time Rodgers, LaFleur or any of the Packers that get praised and sticks a link on here to give these *****ers what for.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last week's..

I'll listen later

eric

Hater gonna hate
Reaction score
So what's the Cowboys fan base sentiment on Mike McCarthy being the new head coach there?

Already bought my 19-0 shirts

But really have no idea what to expect, thats why I dug up this 12 year old account and came back here to investigate. I'll detail my post the thread posted above.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are overly sensitive and see comments critical of the Packers or favorable towards their opponents as bias... when it’s actually just plain ole commentary. National sports announcer/commentators can’t be expected to wear Green and Gold Goggles

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't think of anytime I've noticed them(or anyone) being overly biased against the pack, and i do kind of pay attention as i share a surname with one of them. I will try and pay more attention this weekend, but think it's probably blown up slightly by some.

over here, broadcasters have started using women to do commentary on real FOOTball, and though they have the knowledge and facts, for the most part there's something missing like a lack of screen presence you would expect from an actor/actress.

Troy and Buck - FANNIES !!

that my friends is a good Scottish word, there are many things that can cause a person to be referred to as a fanny

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Joe and Troy made the divisional playoff game almost unwatchable for me and some of my packer buds. Their commentary when the packers are playing just put you in a bad mood. I don’t know if it’s just us but it’s hard to watch with them commentating packer games.

Just turn the sound off then. How can the commentary of just two people ruin the game for you ?? Sorry, I don`t get it. Same with Chip, he`s an opinionated fool.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been re-watching the game and I don't think Aikman was bad. Just don't like his go for it on almost all 4th downs. I did not think Romo was very good this past weekend. imho

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Really what do you have to back that up
Hollywood Henderson liked to have fun. He was always talking. Some called him the NFL’s Muhammad Ali. “He’s the greatest, I’m the latest,” Hollywood said.

The Latest said Bradshaw was so dumb “he couldn’t spell ‘cat’ if you spotted him the c-a.”

Bradshaw’s response: “This isn’t nuclear physics, it’s a game. How smart do you have to be?”

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bradshaw turned this into 4 Super Bowl wins and making millions broadcasting over 40 years after that. Pretty smart cat to me. What is “Hollywood” doing? TB is one smart dude. Oh, and HOF.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy and Buck have a negative slant on every topic against the Packers. Not a fan of either. Cant imagine they cant find better.
The NFL - AFL Has had some duos over the last 60 years. Many good ones. I just think it is time for some fresh voices in the top spot. If they were Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon I could see hanging on. Time for a change.

Star Power

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is “Hollywood” doing? TB is one smart dude.

Henderson travels the country speaking to students about the evils of addiction and giving motivational speeches. He's been sober since the early 1980's.

He's won the Texas Lotto twice = $38M

Terry Bradshaw did not have the grade point avg to get into LSU (who recruited him) and went to Louisiana Tech instead which was local to his home.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts