Rodgers and Favre Endings

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...Seem incredibly EERILY similar.

In 2007 we lost a heartbreaker at home in the NFCCG to the NY Giants and that 2007 Packers team was LOADED. Favre also had a fine year, not MVP like AR this year.

You can sense in the Press Conference and comments about how physically, mentally, and emotionally draining the entire "process" of an NFL Season is... just to get to the game RIGHT BEFORE the Super Bowl and lose again in a heartbreaker.

Ultimately, that was also the main reason for Favre's retire/unretire BS

On top of that, players leave, rosters change, etc

I think for both, the "talent/ability" they could probably do it until they were 45 or 50 easy. You can just tell by watching them play

I think at this point though, the saddest part is having 2 Top 15 All Time, First Ballot NFL HOF Quarterbacks and only 3 Super Appearances in 27+ years....

I mean, at this point, it almost like a curse or crime or something

It will be interesting to see the Roster changes and overhaul. I also think there has to be "compelling reasons" to make someone put 110% effort into the marathon/process of an NFL Season.

Obviously for this past year, the drafting of Love in the 1st round probably did that for AR... but for next year, who knows?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Common denominator is?

But its always some one elses fault?

BTW....how did the nfccg for brett and minny end?

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Common denominator is?

But its always some one elses fault?

BTW....how did the nfccg for brett and minny end?

Common denominator with them 2 is age and wasted talent/careers essentially lol

I'm interested in what the FO plans to do to be 100% honest

Is it the same:
A) Let's just keep this team and core and see if they can get better next year and improve? lol
B) Let's go sign some low priced, aging stars for cheap/bargain deals
C) Let's just focus on Draft and Develop and don't bring anyone in new
D) ????

I'm very curious especially giving all the pending FAs this upcoming year

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I firmly believe Gute and MLF believed the wr core was good for the "scheme" then funchess opt out. Screwed them

It has been proven Gute will spend if he can

Def needs help and I expect that to be focus again

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, I'm just curous what will be done to be "compelling" and different is all

I'm honestly 100% curious

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron will be 38 next year, can you all believe that? And only ONE Super Bowl to show for it

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I firmly believe Gute and MLF believed the wr core was good for the "scheme" then funchess opt out. Screwed them

I hope Funchess is eventually waived. I didn't like the signing anyway. He wasn't a significant upgrade over any of our top 3.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he probably asks to be traded or something happens

Decent shot he is a Patriot or 49er in 2021 or 2022, my guess

D

Deleted member 6794

And a lot of that is on him.

Rodgers has been the best quarterback in the league for long stretches during his tenure as the starter in Green Bay. Unfortunately his supporting cast hasn't been good enough to win more Super Bowls once he doesn't perform perfectly. Mostly he's not to blame for coming up short.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 07 Packers would've been waxed in the SB by New England. There was only one team that had the personnel to stop them. And obviously it was the Giants.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been the best quarterback in the league for long stretches during his tenure as the starter in Green Bay. Unfortunately his supporting cast hasn't been good enough to win more Super Bowls once he doesn't perform perfectly. Mostly he's not to blame for coming up short.

Yeah just look at this last game if you just looked at Rodgers's and Brady's stat lines side by side there is no way you'd guess he'd have lost but Brady's supporting cast was able to keep his 3 picks from majorly costing them while ours couldn't even stop them from getting a TD off the only one Rodgers had when there was only 8 seconds left and they were about 50 yards out from the end zone.

AND we dropped at least 2 TD's a 2 point conversion, multiple first downs, and another INT.

Members online

Latest posts