• No

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • They are okay

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy and Buck have a negative slant on every topic against the Packers. Not a fan of either. Cant imagine they cant find better.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I like Micheals and Collinsworth we have good luck when they commentate, seems like Buck is better at Baseball and Troy is Bitter at what the Packers have been doing to his Cowboys as of late.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got XM Radio and know that you can listen to each team's hometown broadcast throughout the playoffs. I was going to sync up the Packers Radio Network through XM and my Directv broadcast (XM is about 15 seconds behind). Once my friends showed up, I forgot about it until the game started. Nobody cared enough for me to switch over. I'll probably do it for next week though, just because I'd rather hear Irwin & McGee....errrr, Wayne and Larry.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skeptical or critical announcers at their worst I have zero problem with them one bit. The biasness of some eliminates the chance for perspective to exist.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Aikman has changed this year...for the worse. I think his therapist told him to get excited and opiniated and to say to go for almost every 4th down. Actually there are few commentators that I like these days. I like to know who makes the tackle and most of the time they don't say who it is and for some reason the cameramen like closeups on the faces inside the helmet so I don't see the number on the jersey. I also don't like that a bunch of them make mistakes and don't correct themselves. They just keep rambling on.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
To suggest that some commentators don't have biases and favorites isn't being very realistic. Aikman tries to stay neutral, but sometimes throughout the game he says dumb **** with a negative Packers slant.

He's never cared much for Rodgers. He'll give him his due, but there's always a few snide comments sprinkled in.

Just like Collinsworth has a love affair with Rodgers, Aikman isn't much of a fan.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Know who grinds my beans the last few years? Bradshaw. Yeah yeah...he's got a mic and gets paid to lay out his observations but he stated his opinion clearly in the post game last night.

I got the distinct impression that he doesn't hold the Pack in high regard.

Anyway, if his opinion is based on the previous match up, I'll have to give him that until the Pack prove otherwise ... Or, the 9'ers do it for them.
Remember that Bradshaw has the rep of not being very bright. That obviously hasn't changed and has only gotten worse.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikman and Buck biased? Nah.

Some viewers biased because announcers fail to gush incessantly about their teams? You bet.

I bet you could fill an entire half hour FOX episode with quotes from Buck and Troy over the years gushing about Rodgers, complimenting Mike McCarthy, complimenting MLF, Aaron Jones, Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Eddie Lacy, the Packers' offensive line, just to name a few. But people hear what they want to hear.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To suggest that some commentators don't have biases and favorites isn't being very realistic. Aikman tries to stay neutral, but sometimes throughout the game he says dumb **** with a negative Packers slant.

He's never cared much for Rodgers. He'll give him his due, but there's always a few snide comments sprinkled in.

Just like Collinsworth has a love affair with Rodgers, Aikman isn't much of a fan.

Aaron and Troy chat before games. They text each other during the season. They have an actual personal relationship.

Again there's nothing here, IMO, other than people perceiving what they want to perceive based on the stereotypes of others.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Aaron and Troy chat before games. They text each other during the season. They have an actual personal relationship.

Again there's nothing here, IMO, other than people perceiving what they want to perceive based on the stereotypes of others.
We just see it differently. That's fine.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just see it differently. That's fine.

Nothing wrong with seeing things differently. I'm just pointing out that they do in fact have a friendly personable relationship. It would be pretty odd and surprising for Rodgers and Troy to chat before a game and Troy to come up to the booth and harbor some sort of quiet dislike for him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if any kind of unbias treatment befalls Aaron it is more about Troy's years of playing Green Bay more than anything personally towards Aaron. That's if there is anything there at all.

Sky King

Reaction score
The only criticism that I would offer about Aikman is that he talks a little too much. Not every play or topic needs elaboration or validation by the commentators. The viewers are more than capable of forming their own conclusions about a play or player. But that's probably due to the fact that I cut my NFL teeth on Ray Scott and Tony Canadeo being the TV commentators for all Packer games. They were simply outstanding.

Reaction score
I didn’t watch (I listened) to the Seattle vs GB game until afterwards. But I’ve never thought Aikman was nearly as bad as some of you are making him. Matter of fact, in the past he almost seems to like the Packers.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans have been complaining about Buck and Aikman for years, but I really don’t get it. They have always seemed fair and neutral on the whole. And they incessantly praise Rodgers. Given that other fan bases complain about the same thing, maybe that’s just a sign that they’re doing their job by remaining neutral. Fans just want to hear announcers that are rooting for their team.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Remember that Bradshaw has the rep of not being very bright. That obviously hasn't changed and has only gotten worse.

Someond said Bradshaw was so dumb that he couldn't spell CAT even you spotted him a C and T.

Sky King

Reaction score
I didn’t watch (I listened) to the Seattle vs GB game until afterwards. But I’ve never thought Aikman was nearly as bad as some of you are making him. Matter of fact, in the past he almost seems to like the Packers.
He also seems to like Green Bay (the city). Several times over the years he has fondly mentioned everything from how nicely he is treated by folks around town, restaurants, and he got a big kick out of a frozen custard establishment that advertised one of their flavors as "Aikman's favorite" on their marquee. They both seem to enjoy the irony of an NFL team thriving in such a small, hometown-type environment.
Someond said Bradshaw was so dumb that he couldn't spell CAT even you spotted him a C and T.
I believe that was a quote from Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson, former LB for the Cowboys.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet you could fill an entire half hour FOX episode with quotes from Buck and Troy over the years gushing about Rodgers, complimenting Mike McCarthy, complimenting MLF, Aaron Jones, Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Eddie Lacy, the Packers' offensive line, just to name a few. But people hear what they want to hear.
I remember Aikman call MM one of the best play callers in the NFL. Aikman actually goes out of his way so much to compliment him that he lies to do it.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give you an example of how ridiculous the Buck hate is. I'm watching the Cubs-Indians World Series and playing around on twitter and I see Buck is trending. Now I know it's because fans are going on about how bad he is. So I click on the trend and I see tweets from both Cubs and Indians fans complaining that Buck was biased against their team and rooting for the other team to win. Sheer stupidity.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll give you an example of how ridiculous the Buck hate is. I'm watching the Cubs-Indians World Series and playing around on twitter and I see Buck is trending. Now I know it's because fans are going on about how bad he is. So I click on the trend and I see tweets from both Cubs and Indians fans complaining that Buck was biased against their team and rooting for the other team to win. Sheer stupidity.
In my opinion, Buck is the best in the business. A close second would be Tirico. Michaels is well past his announcing prime. I like Nantz. Tessitore is decent, nothing special.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I actually like Joe and Troy. They might come off as a bit cocky and self assured to some, but I have just gotten used to the fact that it is their style. If I hear their voices, it usually tells me that I am tuned into the most import game of the week on FOX. While Baseball and Football are 2 different sports, Joe is the guy you usually hear doing all of the big games in MLB. I think this sums up Joe pretty well:

"Buck is as sharp and witty as they come in this business and is completely aware of all the fanbases who think he hates their team."

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only criticism Joe Buck deserves is that he used to be so boring and monotonous. Listen to his call of the David Tyree helmet catch in the Super Bowl and you'll see the perfect example of it. He's gotten better in recent years though.

Members online

Latest posts