• No

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • They are okay

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe and Troy made the divisional playoff game almost unwatchable for me and some of my packer buds. Their commentary when the packers are playing just put you in a bad mood. I don’t know if it’s just us but it’s hard to watch with them commentating packer games.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t mind Troy because he has been there and lived it. But I am fairly certain Joe has no real claim to fame other than getting to announce with “the hall of famer” sitting next to him for football and baseball.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like Joe Buck on commentary. I think he gets a bad flak but he's not that bad. Aikman I don't like because you can tell he's clearly bias against The Packers. Or at least that's what it feels like at times.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on this. In my opinion though, Joe isn't nearly as bad as Aikman. For some unknown reason, he's always got this negative, biased slant against the Packers.

The other crews (Nantz/Romo, Michaels/Collinsworth, the ESPN trash) are typically neutral for the most part.

OP
OP
PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on this. In my opinion though, Joe isn't nearly as bad as Aikman. For some unknown reason, he's always got this negative, biased slant against the Packers.

The other crews (Nantz/Romo, Michaels/Collinsworth, the ESPN trash) are typically neutral for the most part.
Surprisingly romp is actually a good commentator. Yes joe isn’t as bad as Troy but he feeds off troys energy and it’s so annoying.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I can listen to any crew, Joe and Troy included, and take positives/negatives to their takes and styles. Booger McFarland is someone I cannot listen to for more than 5 minutes. He’s insufferable to listen to, has no idea what he’s talking about and commentates like he’s talking to 8 year olds.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can listen to any crew, Joe and Troy included, and take positives/negatives to their takes and styles. Booger McFarland is someone I cannot listen to for more than 5 minutes. He’s insufferable to listen to, has no idea what he’s talking about and commentates like he’s talking to 8 year olds.
He has a habit for stating the obvious.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither one of those bastards like the Packers. Both always pull for the opposing team. It's pretty obvious.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Viking fans think they favor packers

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/947/082/339/

Troy and Joe's biased color commentary is simply annoying and makes watching a game very unpleasant. Most football fans cringe when they hear that these two will be calling the game. They play favorites and are constantly boasting about the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any negative bias. They've praised the Packers plenty of times. So much that I've seen fans on other teams' forums accusing them of sucking Rodger's ----.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any negative bias. They've praised the Packers plenty of times. So much that I've seen fans on other teams' forums accusing them of sucking Rodger's ----.
Yup I just posted diff petitions from other fans to ban them

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this has been around for years

I think it's similar to our shout box...many negative comments when going bad...

So why can't broadcasters do the same?

So someone please give examples..

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe and Troy made the divisional playoff game almost unwatchable for me and some of my packer buds. Their commentary when the packers are playing just put you in a bad mood.

Only got two things that put me in a bad mood which are the following:

1. People like you making an issue out of nothing burgers like this

2. Posts that mention the irrelevant Skip Bayless

Ridiculous and if you don't like it, mute the damn TV and turn on the Packers radio. Good lord

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Know who grinds my beans the last few years? Bradshaw. Yeah yeah...he's got a mic and gets paid to lay out his observations but he stated his opinion clearly in the post game last night.

I got the distinct impression that he doesn't hold the Pack in high regard.

Anyway, if his opinion is based on the previous match up, I'll have to give him that until the Pack prove otherwise ... Or, the 9'ers do it for them.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG not with this again. I swear people only love to hate on them because it's fashionable but don't have any credible evidence to bash them. Neither one of them is biased and Buck is a very good play by play man. Aikman is not all that great but I don't get worked up about it. I never understood how announcers can get under the skin of fans so easily. If they say something negative about the Packers it's probably because it's deserved. I'm tempted to use the shoutbox this Sunday to post every positive thing Buck and Aikman say and show all you haters how ridiculous you sound.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Know who grinds my beans the last few years? Bradshaw. Yeah yeah...he's got a mic and gets paid to lay out his observations but he stated his opinion clearly in the post game last night.

I got the distinct impression that he doesn't hold the Pack in high regard.

Anyway, if his opinion is based on the previous match up, I'll have to give him that until the Pack prove otherwise ... Or, the 9'ers do it for them.
It’s funny, I thought once Favre was gone, Aikman softened his tone on the Packers. On the flip side Terry used to love him some GB Packers and when the whole Favre thing went down he’s disliked GB ever since.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy and Buck are fine. They are not "against" the Packers. Let's be a little more secure as fans than constantly going down this road. They are not going to be Wayne Larivee. They will have good and bad things to say about both teams. They have both had many, many complimentary things to say about the Packers.

Romo is the best, no one is going to compare that well to him. Yes, Booger is bad. Pretty much everyone else is fine. This Buck and Troy hate is so overplayed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts