Jeff Janis to DB?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So let me think about this.....Jeff Janis grabs 2 interceptions on Sunday and saves the day?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let me think about this.....Jeff Janis grabs 2 interceptions on Sunday and saves the day?

YES!!!! JANIS SAVES THE DAY!!!! ANOTHER JANIS THREAD, AND THIS ONE BREAKS ONE, NO2- NO,5000POSTS!!!
WHOOHOOO!!!!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it. Took him three years to get a basic understanding of playing WR, I'm sure he can pick up playing corner in less time......this thread is discussing him playing corner in 2019, right? Cause otherwise the only strategy I can see of playing Janis at corner is sympathy; team is hoping Eli looks over there and feels bad enough to not pick on him.

D

Deleted member 6794

As some other posters have pointed out Janis hasn´t learned to play the wide receiver position at the professional level in three years. There´s absolutely no way he will be able to learn a different one.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A link to what LTF posted: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...huffle-cornerbacks-promoting-waters/96164206/

If you're looking for speed and additional depth at the CB position, that is exactly what the Packers just did. However, they moved Waters to CB in September and it's still a giant question to see if he can do it out there. Thinking that they could throw Janis in there on Sunday is ludicrous. There is so much to playing the CB position. Learning to backpedal, turn your hips the right way, and understanding what your fellow teammates are doing in the secondary is enormously important. No young WR could make that quick switch. If you want to read some of the intricacies of the position, read some of the very well-written articles by Richard Sherman (I know) from earlier this season: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/sports/football/

Hopefully we don't have to see Waters on Sunday. I know that I don't want to see Janis.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
...............and kicks a 73 yard FG to win it in the final 4 seconds! "I won't go skitzo, will I?"

LOL.....Here are Mike and Jeff discussing Sundays game plan of lining him up at CB

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can recall another player who so many fans want to give a second chance at another position. Is he that much of a freakishly gifted athlete that we can expect him to eventually succeed somewhere as long as we keep giving him chances. If it were anyone else and they couldn't get it at their position fans would be saying "see ya" With Janis its "If he can't play WR why not TE" or Why not DB" I got one for you, Why not unemployed?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Shhhhhh.....but do you notice the strong resemblance? :coffee:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can recall another player who so many fans want to give a second chance at another position. Is he that much of a freakishly gifted athlete that we can expect him to eventually succeed somewhere as long as we keep giving him chances. If it were anyone else and they couldn't get it at their position fans would be saying "see ya" With Janis its "If he can't play WR why not TE" or Why not DB" I got one for you, Why not unemployed?

Oddly much of that groups wanted to our still wants to cut Adams and is ready to give up on Randall and Rollins. So weird

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

:eek: because he is Jeff Janis. Duh!
But he ain't no Matt Flynn..
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/matt-flynn.27928/

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we all just agree that Jeff Janis is a terrific special teams player? I think he has shown us what he is and for a 7th round d pick it is very good. No need to act like he is more

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we all just agree that Jeff Janis is a terrific special teams player? I think he has shown us what he is and for a 7th round d pick it is very good. No need to act like he is more

i don't even pay any attention to him anymore
if he's doing well on ST, i'll take it
i just like him for being some weird cult hero or meme figure

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't even pay any attention to him anymore
if he's doing well on ST, i'll take it
i just like him for being some weird cult hero or meme figure

It is funny though because he is a cult hero. I have friends who bring him up after any good game he has on special teams. He probably has sold more jerseys, taken up more forum space and more talk radio segments than any special team guy ever

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he had a great game yesterday, I hope he stays a return and coverage beast for 10 years

D

Deleted member 6794

Janis has significantly stepped up his game on special teams over the last few weeks. He was mediocre at best for most of the season though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he started the season like the rest of the team, but in the past few weeks he's looked as good as he's ever did

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts