Jan 12th next game

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and it's going to be a night game. why does the nfl keep doing this to the Packers (and their fans)? why can't they take weather into consideration? they'll schedule indoor games as early games and outdoor games at night. makes no sense.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully whoever we face underestimates us. Either way I think we are going to see better from Rodgers in the playoffs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
and it's going to be a night game. why does the nfl keep doing this to the Packers (and their fans)? why can't they take weather into consideration? they'll schedule indoor games as early games and outdoor games at night. makes no sense.

This isn't some evil plot by the NFL LOL

The schedule was predetermined way before the Packers made the playoffs. Had they gotten the #1 seed, they would have played on Saturday at 3:35. I suppose that would of upset some because it wasn't a noon game?

I do have bad news for you......the Super Bowl is already scheduled to start at 5:30. I hope it doesn't start raining at 5:00. :coffee:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is that whomever the Packers play, they need to win to advance. Green Bay doesn't have to worry about that this week. Brees is 1-5 on the road in playoff games, the Saints have had more than their fair share of playoff mishaps in recent memory (Minn debacle, LA PI non-call, last second FG to lose...).

I don't mind GB's chances on a week of rest in mid-Jan against the 3 potential teams.

Last edited:

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who will they play?
I suspect it will be the Saints, but no matter whom it may be, I am hoping Green Bay crushes them. Earlier today, I had a gut full of syndicated radio host Colin Cowherd trashing the Pack practically shouting that this team was absolutely undeserving of a possible #1
seed position based largely on the declining skills of its quarterback.
Because this seems to be the expressed opinion of a majority of the so called experts, it might be time to show them what a motivated team can do. A team, by the way, that won 13 games with a QB practicing a balanced game of football with the talent available to him. And somehow...making it work. GO PACK

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The most important piece to this is a January home game. The Saints are the best team in football (in my humble opinion). But you put Drew Brees in cold (hopefully inclement weather), I could not put my money on a dome team from the south beating the Packers in Lambeau. I will be a fan of whatever team plays the 9ers and ready to take down whoever comes to GB in the divisional round. This defense can make plays, the offense is not always pretty, but they are effective. This can be a superbowl team if they execute.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't play Vikings first game
Stop to think. What are the chances that the Vikings would beat the Saints and Niners back to back on the road? Like 1 in 100. And the chances if coming to Green Bay a week after that. Super slim and unlikely...But... Stranger things have happened.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Stop to think. What are the chances that the Vikings would beat the Saints and Niners back to back on the road? Like 1 in 100. And the chances if coming to Green Bay a week after that. Super slim and unlikely...But... Stranger things have happened.
Of course, you are assuming the Packer win their first game.................... It's why they play the games. Everyone starts 0-0. New-season.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most likely the Saints.....They figure to give Minnesota a beat-down in the Big Easy. The Vikings don't look right.
Ahhh, The Big Easy. What everyone called my first girlfriend.

Wish they were playing in our wether right now. I'm going to be praying for 10 degrees and blowing snow. See how them southern some boys fair. I know Brees is a big ten boy, but that was years ago. I like our chance I the weather is bad.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has to play better. Not sure if its mental, physical or a combination of both. I lean more towards mental and his frustrations with the offense in general.
Why is Aaron Rodgers frustrated with the offense? He IS a large part of the problem of the offense ~ by NOT taking what the D is giving but insisting on continually taking shots 30 yards downfield on 3rd & 8 or 3rd & 10. He gives the offense 3 plays MANY times instead of ****/dunk for the 1st down. How many times, Sunday, did he over-throw an open receiver well downfield?? If it's there, take it, but he better give his receivers a chance for the catch.

Until Aaron Rodgers assigns 50+% of the stagnant offensive blame to himself this O will continue to suck.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Of course, you are assuming the Packer win their first game.................... It's why they play the games. Everyone starts 0-0. New-season.

Looking forward to taking on your boys in the NFCCG Raptor. How sweet would that be for both teams? Of course a threepeat for the Packers on their way to the Superbowl would be even sweeter. ;)

Reaction score
Until Aaron Rodgers assigns 50+% of the stagnant offensive blame to himself this O will continue to suck.
there’s 11 men on the Offense and I think each should take 1/11 of the fault. Failure and success.

Just a thought here. What if part of the plan all along WAS to establish a vertical passing threat??
The reason I say that is because MLF and Rodgers May be going vertical purposely. In some respects the best way to master something is practice. No better way to practice then in a live Game against a live opponent. Even the announcers said the connection between Receiver (RB, WR or TE) was barely off. They jokingly had the first 4 misses measuring 18” total, but probably were not far off.

This is my guess. But to stay with the Offenses that are hot they need more than throwing **** n dunk into the best front 7 D’s in the league (unless you git Deeboe Samuel!) To keep opposing Defenses from Teeing off on the QB they need to get burned for a couple big ones. It’s the best recipe to avoid 8 in the box.

What better time to practice the long pass than against a #32 ranked D. I don’t think those long shots were mistakes. I think they were part of a bigger plan. One which begins to form better timing between #12 and his newer targets. It’s the same thing GB did in trying to establish a running gene against KC in 2011 while undefeated.
After all, #12 did miss most but he hit Graham in the crotch for a 40+ gain that he dropped. Aaron had several long passes that were very close. 1 foot off could’ve been points on several occasions. Plus Aaron didn’t seem upset Sunday, he was toying with the long ball IMO. He seemed almost a little too relaxed. I think Rodgers was in a very thoughtful trial run
I’m not (and I don’t think Aaron is) at all saying he could’ve thrown it better. But what better way to improve than to keep pressing on? Let’s find out who our next Superstar is.
I see it as Lazard. But even Lazard needs much work on sideline foot placement. MVS has to run his route better and Aaron Rodgers has to get the timing down better. K.I.S.S.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Looking forward to taking on your boys in the NFCCG Raptor. How sweet would that be for both teams? Of course a threepeat for the Packers on their way to the Superbowl would be even sweeter. ;)
Hate to say it but I don't see either team in the NFCCG. To many warts on both teams. Rodgers has played like crap the last 4 games and it's only the defense that saved your ***.

D

Deleted member 6794

Philly lost some more guys, I think Seattle should win, but Seattle away from their home are not the same.

The Seahawks were 4-4 at home and 7-1 on the road this season.

Just a thought here. What if part of the plan all along WAS to establish a vertical passing threat??
The reason I say that is because MLF and Rodgers May be going vertical purposely. In some respects the best way to master something is practice. No better way to practice then in a live Game against a live opponent.

That might be true if the Packers had clinched the #1 seed before the Lions game but with the team still playing for the bye in week 17 I highly doubt they approached the game to practice deep throws.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shows you how many Seattle games i've watched LOL. Historically it's always seemed that way to me though. For some reason I think Philly has a better than punchers chance this game being at home, even with all their injuries. I think they'd get destroyed going to Seattle. I base that on nothing but my gut :) which is bigger now than it was just 2 weeks ago. not sure what that means, but i'm going with it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
just yanking your chain PB, as it always takes me a second or two to sort out American dating in my head, y'all are just weird :D:D
Us yanks are an odd bunch for sure. Some times our minds aren't as sharp or focused as they should be in the winter. I think the best answer would be something you Scots discovered centuries ago, the cool air on our nads might keep us alert.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hate to say it but I don't see either team in the NFCCG. To many warts on both teams. Rodgers has played like crap the last 4 games and it's only the defense that saved your ***.

You see, this is why the Vikings have no Lombardi's in their Trophy Case, no confidence! ;)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Probably to put the team in prime time. We have a large national following and we do attract a lot of viewers when we play late games.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't some evil plot by the NFL LOL

The schedule was predetermined way before the Packers made the playoffs. Had they gotten the #1 seed, they would have played on Saturday at 3:35. I suppose that would of upset some because it wasn't a noon game?

I do have bad news for you......the Super Bowl is already scheduled to start at 5:30. I hope it doesn't start raining at 5:00. :coffee:

Usually it doesn't rain much down here in FL in the winter. It has been an odd winter so far with all the rain we are getting here in SW FL.