Jan 12th next game

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We probably play saints but would be nice if vikes and eagles win. I like our chances vs eagles.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Vikings and Eagles both win next weekend, we beat the Eagles at home and host the Vikings for the NFCCG!

Packers take on MLF's former employer, The Titans in the Super Bowl.

BTW: Game time on the 12th is 5:40 CST

Early weather forecast for 1/12: High of 25 and a low of 21 with snowfall around an inch

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most likely we get the Saints.

I'm going into this postseason with high hopes but low expectations, which is unusual for a 2 seed. We've already exceeded expectations this year. If we can win a playoff game, fantastic. I think we'll be home underdogs if we get the Saints, and rightfully so.

I think one thing we always had going for us going into any playoff, no matter what seed we were, is Aaron Rodgers. You could never count us out because we had Aaron Rodgers. It was a fact to be feared.

Unfortunately, I don't think going up against Aaron Rodgers is something that scares any playoff team anymore. There's still a respectful reverence there, but no fear.

Maybe he'll flip a switch and we'll be saying it again in a few weeks. I certainly hope so. But having been waiting the entire season to see that switch flipped, it's hard to see it happening now.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings and Eagles both win next weekend, we beat the Eagles at home and host the Vikings for the NFCCG!

Early weather forecast for 1/12: High of 25 and a low of 21 with snowfall around an inch
why does the weather on December 1st concern you??

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No matter who the Packers play on 1/12, they are going to have to play better on both sides of the ball to get into the NFCCG.

Defense:
  • The run defense was sleeping in the first half again yesterday.
  • Preston Smith seems to have slowed down a bit?
  • Jaire Alexander needs to play at a higher level.
  • Play with more energy. Home field should help that.
Offense:
  • Aaron Rodgers has to play better. Not sure if its mental, physical or a combination of both. I lean more towards mental and his frustrations with the offense in general.
  • Receiving Corp needs to play like their jobs depend on it. If I was Gute and the Packers I would be viewing the jobs of only Adams and Lazard as being safe for next year. Obviously, Sternberger will stay.
  • MLF needs to change up the tempo. I have been saying this all year, this slow to huddle and get out of the huddle while snapping the ball when the play clock hits 0 isn't working well. I realize MLF doesn't want to allow AR to have full control of play calling, but they need to figure out something to shake up the pace.
I know a lot of people are pointing their fingers at Rodgers today and deservedly so, he stunk for a good portion of yesterdays game. However, most of the team appeared to be playing without much energy. Guys were slow to huddle and to get into position on both sides of the ball after each play. That energy level needs to rise quite a bit for this team to continue to win. Thankfully they play at home their first game, where the fans and the stakes should help to give them that boost, at least for one game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we play NOrleans; I think Rodgers will have to be sharp. Would prefer playing any of the others. But it won't be the vikes.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If we play NOrleans; I think Rodgers will have to be sharp. Would prefer playing any of the others. But it won't be the vikes.

I think no matter who we play, we will need to play much better, continue to stay healthy and hope to win the turnover battle. This is the postseason and the games against teams like the Giants, Washington, Lions, Bears, etc. are over. Time for the Packers to put on their big boy pants and play their best or they will be eliminated.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care who we play or how we play...just grind another W out. GO PACK GO!

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all likelihood the Packers play the Saints at Lambeau and if they can pull out a win, the 49ers in SF. Beat San Fran and they probably get to face the Ravens. That's a pretty demanding road.
Swap Jimmy Graham for Kittle and MVS for Sanders and I would like our chances in any of those games. But with the current roster of receivers . . . well, Rodgers will likely have to play the three best games of his career to get a ring this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Saints, but I wouldn't count out MN beating them either. They're going to have trouble covering Thomas I think, like everyone else, but if they can find a way to do that, and Cook is back, who knows.

Though then we'd have Seattle or Philly and in that game it's a toss up for me. Philly lost some more guys, I think Seattle should win, but Seattle away from their home are not the same. Further east they have to go the worst they play it seems. and they are not a team without their own problems. That one is a toss up for me with a slight nod to Seattle.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hope we play the saints. just prove to the fans that this team has what it takes. not wanting to sound optimistic but it seems like this team is holding back and ready to go out there and just go crazy. as someone mentioned on here about the lack of energy t hey show. this team seems to sticking to some game plan and so far it's working.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a dream scenario, the pack gets nawlins and both qb's get knocked out by z smith. SF lays an egg and loses to seattle at home. Pack beats the hawks on a last second david crosby fg and goes to the show. In the show the ravens jackson gets sunburned and gets slapped in the 2nd quarter and is out. pack wins the superbowl in the most unlikely of weirdness. lol

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a dream scenario, the pack gets nawlins and both qb's get knocked out by z smith. SF lays an egg and loses to seattle at home. Pack beats the hawks on a last second david crosby fg and goes to the show. In the show the ravens jackson gets sunburned and gets slapped in the 2nd quarter and is out. pack wins the superbowl in the most unlikely of weirdness. lol
I believe David Crosby is in his late seventies... not sure if he has ever kicked a football... that would be something to see.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I believe David Crosby is in his late seventies... not sure if he has ever kicked a football... that would be something to see.

Damn....you beat me to it as I was looking for his picture!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

not weird at all. it could happen. also, I just called zues to make the temps in the minus on gameday so breez is frozen solid and is taken off the field to thaw out. he might be back in the fourth.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like the thought, but I give them about zero chance to make it past both NO and SF.

Members online

Latest posts