Jan 12th next game

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't some evil plot by the NFL LOL

The schedule was predetermined way before the Packers made the playoffs. Had they gotten the #1 seed, they would have played on Saturday at 3:35. I suppose that would of upset some because it wasn't a noon game?

I do have bad news for you......the Super Bowl is already scheduled to start at 5:30. I hope it doesn't start raining at 5:00. :coffee:
come on. it's all about ratings. the Packers are a big draw. times may be set but they could use common sense when scheduling who plays at what time.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
come on. it's all about ratings. the Packers are a big draw. times may be set but they could use common sense when scheduling who plays at what time.

Had the Packers gotten the #1 Seed, they would be the ones playing at 3:35 next Saturday, not the 49'ers. The #1 Seed for as long as I can remember plays before the #2 Seed.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the playoff dates, times, seed # and conference are pretty well mapped out way before the regular season ends. Then all they due is plug the proper teams in.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had the Packers gotten the #1 Seed, they would be the ones playing at 3:35 next Saturday, not the 49'ers. The #1 Seed for as long as I can remember plays before the #2 Seed.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the playoff dates, times, seed # and conference are pretty well mapped out way before the regular season ends. Then all they due is plug the proper teams in.
nothing is set in stone. they flex games during the season without regard to team travel, weather, or fan inconvenience. it's about ratings. last year the #2 seed was the rams and they played on saturday.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
nothing is set in stone. they flex games during the season without regard to team travel, weather, or fan inconvenience. it's about ratings. last year the #2 seed was the rams and they played on saturday.

I stand corrected then. I always thought that in the second week of the playoffs, the #1 Seeds got to play on Saturday and the #2 Seeds on Sunday. Giving the #1 Seeds an extra day (if they won) to prepare for the following week.

I wouldn't call what they are doing with the playoffs flex scheduling like they do in the regular season. During the regular season they will "flex schedule" a previously scheduled Noon game into a Mid day or night game, during certain weeks of the year. Seems like the playoff schedule is fully made, once all the 12 participating teams are determined. Might have something to do with the availability of the home venue as well.

"Flex scheduling" explained:

https://www.sentinelsource.com/spor...cle_eedffcf0-5a95-5821-bff9-c557ebdd04fc.html

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does seem like we get a lot of important games at night in the freeze. It would sure make more sense to me to play in GB earlier in the day when the conditions are less severe. I really don't get why they don't do that. Do some people think that fans like to watch a bitterly cold game on the TV just for the fun of it? I would prefer if more of the games were played during the day in GB than at night.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does seem like we get a lot of important games at night in the freeze. It would sure make more sense to me to play in GB earlier in the day when the conditions are less severe. I really don't get why they don't do that. Do some people think that fans like to watch a bitterly cold game on the TV just for the fun of it? I would prefer if more of the games were played during the day in GB than at night.
ratings is the only logical explanation. i can't see it making that much of a difference ratings wise to apply some logic to fan comfort and team performance when scheduling these games. it's not always going to make a difference but indoor teams should play at night...period!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To be honest.....whether it is 12:00 Noon or 8:00 PM, 5 degrees is 5 degrees. The sun being out might make it feel a bit warmer for those fans in the sun. Make it a 3:00 game and there isn't much "warming sun" to talk about.

As a Packer Fan and a guy who goes to games, I'm actually stoked that Networks think that the Packers are such a big draw, they want them on Prime Time as much as possible.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
But is there a division round formula? * 1=day one, 2=day 2. E = 1st game, L = late game.
Season one: NFC E1, L2; AFC E2, L1
Season two: AFC E1, L2; NFC E2, L1
Season 3 = season one. The seeds are the only teams flexed. I think WC weekend was the opposite. This is the first year I can recall the AFC on one day and the NFC on the next for the wildcard weekend. I think conference championship games are alternated early/late timewise annually.

*I haven't tracked the schedule the past few years to verify this theory. It's more a I recall than I can prove theory.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest.....whether it is 12:00 Noon or 8:00 PM, 5 degrees is 5 degrees. The sun being out might make it feel a bit warmer for those fans in the sun. Make it a 3:00 game and there isn't much "warming sun" to talk about.

As a Packer Fan and a guy who goes to games, I'm actually stoked that Networks think that the Packers are such a big draw, they want them on Prime Time as much as possible.
I am only considering the quality of play. I think it has to be better during the day when bodies are naturally looser. imho

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am only considering the quality of play. I think it has to be better during the day when bodies are naturally looser. imho

I don't know, I have seen some pretty amazing night performances over the years and those were just in my bedroom! ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah. But he was talking about multiple person performances Poker. Not just 1 player type stuff. :roflmao:
Nice one!! So 3 people in bed is a *********, 2 a twosome, should I be forewarned when a woman calls me handsome?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't know, I have seen some pretty amazing night performances over the years and those were just in my bedroom! ;)

If only someone else was there to be a witness more people might believe you...

Yeah. But he was talking about multiple person performances Poker. Not just 1 player type stuff. :roflmao:

Women can flee like Olympic sprinters sometimes?

Softball Served up nice and high for you guys.....way to hit it out of the park!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm really glad that LaFleur has the guys practicing today and tomorrow. Though it's just shorts with helmet and will mostly be light sessions, I think it's crucial to put in some work to make sure the team stays dialed in for next week.

Reaction score
I'm really glad that LaFleur has the guys practicing today and tomorrow. Though it's just shorts.
From what I understand. Matt told them it would be a “short” work week... and they took it literally :whistling:

Does anyone else agree that this may be the best week of football where our team hasn’t played in years? :tup:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look GB would go anywhere if it weren’t for Rodgers, the D this year gave Arod a boost, which did help but it’s Rodgers who put this team on a SB path, and until the next coming of Rodgers hits GB, he is the GUY, stats or not....

Sorry but this just isnt even close to being accurate this year. The Packers are where they are because of the D and Aaron Jones.... NOT Rodgers.

We need him to play better if this team is going to have a chance of advancing

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Sorry but this just isnt even close to being accurate this year. The Packers are where they are because of the D and Aaron Jones.... NOT Rodgers.

Ok do we have a top 5 D, AJ is a top running back for sure, how many passing TD’s does he have, 26, comp yards 4002 not bad for and off QB, 62% comp rate, 4 int receivers have 26TD’s rushing 18, not taking anything away from offense,AJ has 16 TD,s over 1000yds rushing, these 2 together have been most of the offense for GB, the D 17 INT’s, ZERO for a TD, the D does have 41 sacks,impressive,12 fumble recoveries, but again ZERO pts from D, ST’s, ZERO TD’s don’t get me wrong the D has bailed the the Packers out and have more than held their own Smith Bro’s over 25 sacks, and Rodgers certainly has not been Rodgers all year, but its mostly Rodgers throwing that Ball that can carry Pack to a SB..

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
But is there a division round formula? * 1=day one, 2=day 2. E = 1st game, L = late game.
Season 3 = season one. The seeds are the only teams flexed. I think WC weekend was the opposite. This is the first year I can recall the AFC on one day and the NFC on the next for the wildcard weekend. I think conference championship games are alternated early/late timewise annually.

*I haven't tracked the schedule the past few years to verify this theory. It's more a I recall than I can prove theory.

As long as it's not 8:15 on Monday night Vikings fans are good. :roflmao:

D

Deleted member 6794

After taking a look at the playoff schedule over the past five years aside of the AFCCG and NFCCG alternating in which one is playing first each year it seems there isn't any noticeable formula involved in scheduling playoff games.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree The Defense and Jones play a huge role, but let's not pretend that we could've done this without Arodg. Rodgers while he could play a lot better, he has contribute in regards to this season's success, he just has taken a back seat this time around and isn't the primary driving force, which is good considering how many times he has been shouldering the load on his own, and now we can win in many different ways without relying solely on him.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Replace Rodgers with 20-25 other starting quarterbacks in this league and you'd be crying like a little school girl for Rodgers to come back.

Aaron Jones is the only reason on offense, yet he's played what? 61% of the offensive snaps this season? This is a curious take to say the least. I'm not in any way diminishing the effect of Aaron Jones, because the Packers aren't 13-3 without him.

But just because Rodgers didn't have a 110 passer rating with 40 touchdown passes doesn't mean that he hasn't be a VITAL part of the Packers success this season.

Will he have to be better for the Packers to win the Super Bowl? Yes. But to say that he hasn't contributed to the position that the Packers are in right now is just such a clown statement.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
After taking a look at the playoff schedule over the past five years aside of the AFCCG and NFCCG alternating in which one is playing first each year it seems there isn't any noticeable formula involved in scheduling playoff games.
OK. Another IMO theory shot in the adz.

Long range weather forecast for next Sunday is cloudy, seasonal 30F. Don't know about wind. Really not much of a factor.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts