Jan 12th next game

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is Aaron Rodgers frustrated with the offense? He IS a large part of the problem of the offense ~ by NOT taking what the D is giving but insisting on continually taking shots 30 yards downfield on 3rd & 8 or 3rd & 10. He gives the offense 3 plays MANY times instead of ****/dunk for the 1st down. How many times, Sunday, did he over-throw an open receiver well downfield?? If it's there, take it, but he better give his receivers a chance for the catch.

Until Aaron Rodgers assigns 50+% of the stagnant offensive blame to himself this O will continue to suck.

I suspect he is frustrated with himself. You can see it in his face when his passes miss the mark. His accuracy goes up most of the time when he is throwing to 17, perhaps because Adams is where AR expects him to be?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was me. I don't agree that ARod's accuracy goes up because Adams is where he is supposed to be. I think he is just missing throws right now. Hopefully he turns it around in two weeks.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Not even the Rodgers can take this team to SB if receivers can’t get open and keep dropping passes, we would be no where near a playoff run if it weren’t for Rodgers, so I’m sticking with my guy..

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect he is frustrated with himself. You can see it in his face when his passes miss the mark. His accuracy goes up most of the time when he is throwing to 17, perhaps because Adams is where AR expects him to be?
I tend to agree. I was critical of AR after Sunday’s game for the first time maybe ever. But after watching his press conference, when he said he felt good about some of his missed throws, made me wonder. Maybe reading too much into it, but maybe not.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Not even the Rodgers can take this team to SB if receivers can’t get open and keep dropping passes, we would be no where near a playoff run if it weren’t for Rodgers, so I’m sticking with my guy..
Yeah, keep thinking that.

Rodgers last 4 games......

81 Att 124 Comp 65% 847 Yards 5 Tds 3 Int 6.8 YPA

Sorry, that's Cousins' last four.

This is Rodgers.

87 ATT 156 Comp 56% 937 Yards 4 TDs. 2 Int 6.0 YPA

Packers aren't winning much if he keeps playing like that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is Rodgers.

And the Vikings haven’t won with cousins playing like that. Even at the bottoms of career numbers, Rodgers is better lol

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander has been playing at a higher level all season. That DPI saved the Lions game by keeping points off the board.

That was a "heads up" play by a CB in his sophomore season.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/game-...-pass-interference-keeps-points-off-the-board

No question that was a big play....It kept an almost sure touchdown off the board. A touchdown at that point may have put the game out of reach, so, in effect, without it, the Pack likely would have to play this weekend.

Alexander routinely draws the other team's #1 wideout every game, and has done a pretty good job overall. He's not perfect, of course, but he has given Green Bay plenty to be happy about.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Alexander has been playing at a higher level all season. That DPI saved the Lions game by keeping points off the board.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/game-...-pass-interference-keeps-points-off-the-board

Which part was heads up, the part where he got beat or the part where he saved face by taking the PI? This is actually a good example of why I said he needs to play at a higher level. Yup, he makes some good plays, but then he has some stinkers. This particular play was a combination of the 2...gets beat bad and then recovers and does the smart thing.

My comment wasn't to say that he isn't playing well, but if the Packers want to make it to and win the SuperBowl, he as well as some other players, are going to have to elevate their games to another level and play consistently at that level.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't some evil plot by the NFL LOL

The schedule was predetermined way before the Packers made the playoffs. Had they gotten the #1 seed, they would have played on Saturday at 3:35. I suppose that would of upset some because it wasn't a noon game?

I do have bad news for you......the Super Bowl is already scheduled to start at 5:30. I hope it doesn't start raining at 5:00. :coffee:

YEAH, but you'd have to admit it's just butt-stupid (and completely disrespectful to fans) to "flex" certain late season games to the late time slot. Do the NFL morons have to drive 110 miles back to SE Wisconsin on ice-covered roads in the dark of night or 75 miles back to NE Wisconsin on snow-packed rural two lane roads packed with drunks piling out of the tavern? No. No problem if you're just going across the street to your house in Green Bay.

Back to the matter at hand.......

I believe it's "highly probable" that the Saints will mash the Vikings and the Seahawks will beat the Eagles. Then the Packers, of course, will be similarly mashed by the Saints.

I hope I'm wrong, and that this team is truly a team of destiny, but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

And the other thought I had is if a team had gone 13-3 and achieved the second seed, most fan bases would probably be parading the QB around town in the "Chair of Cheer".

(Two bucks to anybody that gets the "Chair of Cheer" reference.)

But no, we're preparing a crucifixion for AR12.

Spoiled rotten, the lot of us.

Reaction score

This is Rodgers.

Funny you should say that. GB is 4-0 in those contests! And they can’t win? Ridiculous.

That’s with a sputtering GB Offense. Imagine what they would have done to the Vikings at US Bank Stadium if GB would’ve simply held on to the ball a little better. It could’ve been an absolute embarrassment the way GB moved up n down the field like a hot knife through butter through a lackluster MN defense.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course, you are assuming the Packer win their first game.................... It's why they play the games. Everyone starts 0-0. New-season.
That is why I said how slim the chances are. 3 things must happen and of course one is for us to win a game ad well. No, it won't happen.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And the Vikings haven’t won with cousins playing like that. Even at the bottoms of career numbers, Rodgers is better lol
The only reason the Packers went 4-0 in those games is their defense. Which if they make it anywhere in the playoffs will have to continue what they had in those 4 games.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason the Packers went 4-0 in those games is their defense. Which if they make it anywhere in the playoffs will have to continue what they had in those 4 games.

I heard somewhere that defense wins championships.

We shall see.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

We shall see.
It does. And the Packers have the defense going right now. The problem is the offense is lagging just a bit for the playoffs. Rodgers needs to play just a tad better. He got away with it with the Redskns, Bears, Vikings, and Lions. But I don't think it will fly with the Niners, Eagles or Seahawks.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Look GB would go anywhere if it weren’t for Rodgers, the D this year gave Arod a boost, which did help but it’s Rodgers who put this team on a SB path, and until the next coming of Rodgers hits GB, he is the GUY, stats or not....

Reaction score

We shall see.
In consideration of every modern day SB since the 1960’s the average Winning team held roughly a #7 scoring Defense AND a #8 scoring a Offense rounded off.

I did not study the effect of ST but I am thoroughly convinced.... within a +-3% error rate on those averages and 32 or less teams competing each season during that span..
Well balanced teams win Championships.

I personally like this method because achieving a seasonal ranking factors against opponents in each successive season. It’s compared to your current peers. Going by a point/GM average varies from year to year as noted by how many D allowed less than 20pts/gm this year verses 2018 etc..
Also, the closer a team gets to a combined O+D scoring ranking of 15 (or less) the higher the success rate over a 50 year span of Winning teams. GB is nowhere close at #9 D+#14 O =23

From a statistical point of view. The greatest chance GB would have is working on #14 into the top #10 range and making a minor impro

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
In consideration of every modern day SB since the 1960’s the average Winning team held roughly a #7 scoring Defense AND a #8 scoring a Offense rounded off.

I did not study the effect of ST but I am thoroughly convinced.... within a +-3% error rate on those averages and 32 or less teams competing each season during that span..
Well balanced teams win Championships.

I personally like this method because achieving a seasonal ranking factors against opponents in each successive season. It’s compared to your current peers. Going by a point/GM average varies from year to year as noted by how many D allowed less than 20pts/gm this year verses 2018 etc..
Also, the closer a team gets to a combined O+D scoring ranking of 15 (or less) the higher the success rate over a 50 year span of Winning teams. GB is nowhere close at #9 D+#14 O =23

From a statistical point of view. The greatest chance GB would have is working on #14 into the top #10 range and making a minor impro
Don't be making to much sense. They will ream you for it. I've been trying to preach this for several years now and got nowhere with many. Well balanced teams with QB's that don't make stupid mistakes.

Super Bowl winners average 8.4
Super Bowl losers average 9.8

There are only 3 teams that meet that qualification this year. Patriots(8), Ravens(4) and Niners (10). My bet is one of those teams will win the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

shows you how many Seattle games i've watched LOL. Historically it's always seemed that way to me though.

That has definitely been true during Carroll's tenure before this season with the Seahawks going a combined 53-19 at home while having a record of 36-35-1 on the road from 2010-18.

It was me. I don't agree that ARod's accuracy goes up because Adams is where he is supposed to be.

Actually you're right about it as Rodgers completion percentage is at 65.4% when targeting Adams. While that's slightly above his season average throw aways have to be considered as well.

This is Rodgers.

Well, the Packers have won all of those games though, even against Cousins and the Vikings.

What makes you believe the Packers defense won't be able to repeat the performances over the last four games in the playoffs???

Well balanced teams with QB's that don't make stupid mistakes.

Super Bowl winners average 8.4
Super Bowl losers average 9.8

There are only 3 teams that meet that qualification this year. Patriots(8), Ravens(4) and Niners (10). My bet is one of those teams will win the Super Bowl.

The Packers definitely have a quarterback not making stupid mistakes. I agree the Ravens and Niners are safer bets to make it to the Super Bowl though.

The Patriots don't stand a chance in my opinion.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

You know, at first I grumbled that Alexander was so soundly beaten on the route - came to remember that EVERYONE gets beat every now and again because the other guy is a professional athlete too. Alexander did make a great play regardless of the fact that it was a desperation recovery after being solidly beat. It's a rare athlete that can think at game speed like that.