James Jones hurt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...that Giants offense has been quite prolific as of late...and notice how the halftime adjustments...something MS could not pull out of his *** with a 5 HP Shop-Vac...shut them down in the second half.

"And maybe win it", you say of the Giants. They didn't!! Because of a excellent defensive performance, and an offense that played AS THEY SHOULD against a weak secondary. Oh, yeah...we have also been struggling with injuries...just like the Giants. Advantage nobody.

So, the continuation of defensive excellence from last year does not matter? What planet do you live on?? Consistency in performance is the hallmark of a good team/unit. Yes, they are different seasons, but consistent performance...and one that is destined to improve as the season wears on as youth grows, and comfort in the system increases...is actually a GOOD thing, and does have meaning.

TT has given Favre a defense that can keep him in, and win, games..and a special teams unit that is beginning to look, well, special. The offense is admittedly a work in progress, and one that will be around long after Favre is not. It is the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres. But then again, you would be *****ing loudest if TT mortgaged the future for Brett and did not take home the prize. You must like the Dallas and San Fran models of operation..you know, the one that ruined their teams for years...a decade since Dallas has sniffed the playoffs.

Please, put the foil back on your head...shiney side out...to protect against those lunacy beams coming from your home planet.

post of the season.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You choose to compare the Packers to one of THE most dysfunctional franchises in the league...next to the Raiders...to bolster your position??

And here I thought I had heard it all! You continue to amaze.......

Defense wins Championships, and our D is young, with all the key players locked up for years, and great depth in most positions. My guess is that the offense will get some extra special attention in the coming years. You cannot repair an entire team all at once...priorities must be set...and defense comes first for the most obvious reason.....it is what Championships are built on.

honorable mention

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
The offense is admittedly a work in progress, and one that will be around long after Favre is not. It is the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres. But then again, you would be *****ing loudest if TT mortgaged the future for Brett and did not take home the prize.

Please, put the foil back on your head...shiney side out...to protect against those lunacy beams coming from your home planet.

Yes, "the offense will be around a long time after Favre is not" digs, but how long will they be a "work in progress" while TT is around?

That's my point. Keep drinking the Ted Thompson kool-aid if you will, while more rational minds will prevail.

The Browns have been around in the NFL a long time too.

But you must like that model of mediocrity, I guess. :lol:

To assume that TT can't build an offense because he hasn't yet in a scant 3 years is preposterous. Especially if you compare our O to the D. It makes alot more logical sense to say that because he has built a stout D, he is more likely to build a good offense than not.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Bozz...I am inspired today. Lunacy brings out the best in me.

TT knows football talent...not just defensive talent. If you have a problem with his drafts, well...you have problems! This team is being built to be good...and good for the long run.

Oh, my...how undesireable...a good team that is going to be good for a long time. For shame, TT!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers | Jennings misses practice Thursday
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:36:05 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (hamstring) missed the team's practice Thursday, Sept. 20. He will take part in practice Friday, Sept. 21, and the team will not know about his chances to play Week 3 until later in the week.

~~~~

that was form yesterday on kffl.com/hotw

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones' injury is minor, and they said he will be full tilt Sunday.

So there, LTF!!! LOL

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, "the offense will be around a long time after Favre is not" digs, but how long will they be a "work in progress" while TT is around?

Always, the offense will always be a work in progress. If fresh new talent isn't circulated through the offense every year you will be stuck on offense and the players will eventually get older and the offense will start to decline. That's what happened under Mike Sherman, he didn't bring in new young talent. That's what happened to the whole team under the Sherman era and in the end the team started to decline.

Ted Thompson should have been brought in earlier, he came in at the last moment.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter how you say it, or what size box you put it in, or, the color of the bow, we are the youngest team in the NFL that also happens to have the longest winning streak in the League.

Regardless of whether or not we win this week, or, we don't have all of the best RB's or Wr's on the field Sunday because of the injuries at those positions the above facts clearly show that this football team has more upside and potential greatness than most all other teams out there.

It's a POSSIBILITY we MAY not have all our receivers available for week three. WOOPTY DO. The BIG PICTURE here is this team is exceeding the expectations of ALMOST ALL of those out there that saw how much work this team needed to be competitive two years ago.

Now everything living and every plan moves in a direction. Whatever that "plan" is may be going up, down, in the right direction, or, in the wrong direction, in a positve or negative direction. Life and everything in it moves in a path and is "heading" somewhere.

Whether we win this week or whether Jones, Jennings, or Morency plays or not does not affect the "big picture" of what direction this team is heading. One loss will not cancel out the momentum six wins has created.

Some here obviously choose to fog the windshield with little nit-picky BS crap like "we should have a better receiver just in case". Well, go **** on somebody elses leg. It ain't working here.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just on the note of GB Offense v. GB Defense:

Check out our D

I find it pretty awesome that people talk about how dismal our offense is, but look at our D! It actually made a dynamic NYG offense and a usually dynamic Philly offense look as 'bad' as ours has looked! In fact, we have better stats in most categories!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bozz...I tried to PM you with no success. Let me know if you want a seat saved, and if so, let me know what time you will arrive. We can meet by my bright yellow vintage VW Beetle vert in the parking lot when you plan to arrive.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah dude! save me a seat! I will arrive probably around 11:15 or 11:30. Most likely, it will be around 11:20. I'd get there earlier but I won't get out of church until probably 11:10 or so.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you ban him? i used a lot of energy restraining myself from tangling with that idiot. (now i hope he got banned, cuz he'll flame me for that). that's what i do... i criticize them only when they have no way to retaliate. hahahahaa

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
did you ban him?

Yes.

I mean for the love of all that is right, at least wait until this team falls flat on its face before going after Ted. I'm not the biggest fan of Ted, but the 2-0 start right now has his earned him some leeway.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you, AADP. That guy did nothing but deficate on every good discussion & fun thread. I think that presenting an opinion is fine. But when it's just constant, beat-people-over-the-head with condescension and negativity, I get really pissed off.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did he do wrong? He had a different point of view. I personally like looking at things from all angles. He didn't attack anyone.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What did he do wrong? He had a different point of view. I personally like looking at things from all angles. He didn't attack anyone.

I'm a ban happy mo fo myself, but I'm not sure. Having a different point of view is what a board is all about.

Taking everything thread as an opportunity to share you hatred for someone or your despise for ones actions depleting the integrity of the forum as a whole is another story.

Threads have topics for a reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts