James Jones hurt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Damn, I love that sigbanner, Legend. I pee a little bit every time I see it.

I'm peeing there with ya......

Oh how I do love to see a good pair of corners working the field....

.....even in a sig...

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
pack_ in_ black- 2 signed to practice squad- Qb Dalton Bell released- Article from Wednesday, September 18. 2007- Green Bay Press-Gazette.

"Receiver Onrea Jones and guard Chirs Patrick were signed to Green Bay Packer practice squad on Tuesday. The team released practice-squad quarterback Delton Bell, who signed last week.

Jones spent the final month of training camp with the San Diego Chargers before being released in the final roster reduction..

He originally signed with Houson Texans in May as undrafted rookie out of Hampton.

Patrick who played at Nebraska, spent time with the New York Giants and New England Patriots during training this summer."

WR Onera Jones 5'11" 201 lbs played at Hampton
WHOA! Jones was with the CHARGERS???
Hmmm.....could this be a way to get into their playbook a little??? :wink:

Well, I didn't see the corrolation, Cheesey, but now that you mention it, it seems obvious.

Good move by TT & Co. to get a look into what that Chargers O is gonna bring to the table.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
pack_ in_ black- 2 signed to practice squad- Qb Dalton Bell released- Article from Wednesday, September 18. 2007- Green Bay Press-Gazette.

"Receiver Onrea Jones and guard Chirs Patrick were signed to Green Bay Packer practice squad on Tuesday. The team released practice-squad quarterback Delton Bell, who signed last week.

Jones spent the final month of training camp with the San Diego Chargers before being released in the final roster reduction..

He originally signed with Houson Texans in May as undrafted rookie out of Hampton.

Patrick who played at Nebraska, spent time with the New York Giants and New England Patriots during training this summer."

WR Onera Jones 5'11" 201 lbs played at Hampton
WHOA! Jones was with the CHARGERS???
Hmmm.....could this be a way to get into their playbook a little??? :wink:

Wouldn't surprise me. More and more often you see teams bringing in players from the team they will be facing that week.

I remember when the Bears signed Rod Gardner right after we cut him. Fergie's a Vike.

The Jets and the Pats switch players often.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only difference with this sort of thing and "Spygate" is that to do this is completely legal, and it happens all the time in full view of Goodell and his Secret Police.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Could someone be a dear and hook us up wit the linkage to said article?

Here you go my man, from Packers insider blog (highlighted part about Gregorious):

Updating a previous post, coach Mike McCarthy said receiver James Jones "tweaked" his hamstring in practice this morning and was sent for rehabilitation as a precaution.

"I'm a little nervous," McCarthy said. "He wanted to practice, but he got sent up top."

Brushing past reporters in the locker room, Jones was asked whether he's concerned about the injury. He responded, "Nah."

Meanwhile, receiver Greg Jennings (hamstring) "passed his test" today and could return to practice Friday if he feels good in the morning.

"I told him, 'Call me as soon as you get up,'" McCarthy said.

Al Harris (back) felt better today, but fellow cornerback Charles Woodson (hip) was about the same, McCarthy said.

Running back Vernand Morency was sore again after participating in part of practice Wednesday and won't play this week.

"Another week or two will help him," McCarthy said. "I think if this was a playoff game, he'd be out there playing."

Now granted the main point of this article is about Greg to only those that are obsessed with him ala Yared-Yams and I, but still.

If I was Norv Turner, I'd be pulling my hair out right now at the prospect of trying to shut down Gregorious.

Let the hype begin, Gregorious is coming back! (er, hopefully it's this week against the Chargers)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that Sean Bodiford is available off waivers from Washington. In the worst case scenario, if Jennings and Jones can't play, they should bring him in. He already knows the offense. But I don't think it will come to that.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I just read that Sean Bodiford is available off waivers from Washington. In the worst case scenario, if Jennings and Jones can't play, they should bring him in. He already knows the offense. But I don't think it will come to that.

To my knowledge we have 52 on our roster because of the guy we just put on IR. The Packers did not want to let Shaun Bodiford go. I expect him back soon.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who?

Gregorious Ferguson is coming back?

nah.

It's Driver and Taco Wallace again!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yes.

Why don't you contribute something for a change, besides personal attacks?

For a change? lmao

How about you check out the PbP section here, or the video section here, or the articles I wrote here, and if that's not enough contribution, how about reading some of the ELEVEN THOUSAND posts generated by, me. I've contributed more to this site than your fuzzy nuts ever will.

Trust me, you haven't seen me even swing a bat anything near a personal attack, bud. :)

Anyhow, I was just pointing out how hypocritical you are. Point proven.

We can move on now. :)

James Jones, injury? NO worries, he will play as will Jennings. Morency, I could see on IR any time now like someone else mentioned.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

The only thing you've proven is how arrogant and wrong you are. Just saying you are right doesn't make it so.

And quantity doesn't mean quality, Bub.

Hypocritical? You've taken it to a fine art on this forum.

I was just commenting on the James Jones injury, and how once again, since TT hasn't providing us with any veteran FA WR depth, we are again going into a big game scraping the bottom of the barrel at that position.

What is so hard to understand about that?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard when you consistently serve up the most mind numbing ****....week in week out.

I mean, "this defense is not good enough to have a game manager at QB"? WTF defense are you watching?? Carrying over from the last 4 games of last season to the present, the Packers are the #1 defense in the league. What, #1 not good enough for you. Dear Lord!!

And let's be honest, "game manager" is relative to the person playing the position. Trent Dilfer took no risks because he had not the talent to do so. Favre is being asked to resist the urge to take the truly high-risk plays of the past...to temper his aggressiveness, not douse it. Or, do you wish for him to continue to make the dumbfounding plays of the last 2 seasons?

You strike me as the type of person who, if/when the Packers reach the SB, will say it was in spite of TT and MM.

Face it, the guy is building a contender.......but yet the average " I want it now" mentality of some fans....the equivalent of a child throwing themself on the floor of the local grocery store check out aisle for want of candy....still exists.

You are truly amazing.....Sonny!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I believe about a month ago, you said that there were no worries, Morency would be back in the line-up. Talk about hypocritical.

I did? Hmm, ok. If I did say that, it doesn't make me a hypocrite, it makes my sources inaccurate on that particular issue.

With how secretive the Packers are being about Morency's injury, do you think they are clouding it for a reason? For say, because of a potential trade?

I'm not saying they ARE, I'm just throwing it out there.

If other teams new our 'projected' starter at HB was injured, they'd know the Packers are in a bit of a squeeze and could cost the Packers in the trade.

Before the injury they may have been able get only a 4th rd for the player to be traded where as if they know Morency is out for a month or more, the ball is in their court and they can say we want a 3rd rd or nothing.

That's the closest I found in my posts regarding Morency and his injury. I'm not saying I didn't say no worries he'll be back, but I don't believe I ever gave a specific time table.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like beating your head against a brick wall, eh, Z2C...er, Bub....er, Sonny??!?

How ****ing patronizing can one person be?

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard when you consistently serve up the most mind numbing ****....week in week out.

I mean, "this defense is not good enough to have a game manager at QB"? WTF defense are you watching?? Carrying over from the last 4 games of last season to the present, the Packers are the #1 defense in the league. What, #1 not good enough for you. Dear Lord!!

And let's be honest, "game manager" is relative to the person playing the position. Trent Dilfer took no risks because he had not the talent to do so. Favre is being asked to resist the urge to take the truly high-risk plays of the past...to temper his aggressiveness, not douse it. Or, do you wish for him to continue to make the dumbfounding plays of the last 2 seasons?

You mean the defense that let Eli Maning pass for like 150 yards in the first half? That one? On one drive he scored almost at will by making 2 passes for like 80 yards and a TD! If Shockey doesn't drop that pass, or Eli doesn't get hurt, they stay in the game, and maybe win it.

I wouldn't be too confident of the defense just yet. Beating a lousy Giants defense, and an Eagles team that is a ghost of it's former self is nothing to crow about. And don't bring up last season. Last season doesn't matter. If and that's a big if, the Packers D can remain in the top 10 by the end of the season, then you can talk. But it's a long season. The fact that you don't understand that is "mind numbing" to me.

And what's "dumbfounding" is that some of you people here can't see (or are not willing to admit) that Ted Thompson hasn't given Favre much of a team to work with in the last 2 years (can you say--rebuilding?), and many here were willing to chastize him or give him his walking papers because they wouldn't dare point the finger at TT, or admit that the Packers just weren't very good during those years because of substandard players on offense that were provided by the GM.

Can you say scapegoat digs, in yours and others pre-mature judgement and assessment of Brett Favre?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we are 2 - 0, wtf are you whining about?

I'm sure you expected us to be 0 - 2 and 0 - 3 after this game.

We can't expect to beat the Chargers, they are one of the best teams in the NFL and they beat the Bears, which unfortunatly is still the best team in the NFC North.

I'll still be happy if we're 2 - 1 after this game.

You guys only complain, is that the only thing you can do? Do you want us to go 0 - 16 because you want to be right about the Packers sucking? The Packers are a decent team now and that's NOT because of Mike Sherman, his team was on it's way to the level of the Raiders.

The Packers are a decent young team on the rise. Face it, Ted Thompson is doing a good job and will probably stay here for a long time, and I'm glad.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
we are 2 - 0, wtf are you whining about?

I'm sure you expected us to be 0 - 2 and 0 - 3 after this game.

We can't expect to beat the Chargers, they are one of the best teams in the NFL and they beat the Bears, which unfortunatly is still the best team in the NFC North.

I'll still be happy if we're 2 - 1 after this game.

You guys only complain, is that the only thing you can do? Do you want us to go 0 - 16 because you want to be right about the Packers sucking? The Packers are a decent team now and that's NOT because of Mike Sherman, his team was on it's way to the level of the Raiders.

The Packers are a decent young team on the rise. Face it, Ted Thompson is doing a good job and will probably stay here for a long time, and I'm glad.

Complain?
I predicted the Packers to go 9 - 7 or 10 - 6 months before the season even started. Months before Ted only signed ONE Free Agent. Months before the team took the field against any team as a unit.

I've said numerous times Ted is doing a good job. I admitted several times I've lost patience with his Free Agency approach, but that I AGREE with it for the most part because of the lack of talent per dollar being dished out.

So there :p

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...that Giants offense has been quite prolific as of late...and notice how the halftime adjustments...something MS could not pull out of his *** with a 5 HP Shop-Vac...shut them down in the second half.

"And maybe win it", you say of the Giants. They didn't!! Because of a excellent defensive performance, and an offense that played AS THEY SHOULD against a weak secondary. Oh, yeah...we have also been struggling with injuries...just like the Giants. Advantage nobody.

So, the continuation of defensive excellence from last year does not matter? What planet do you live on?? Consistency in performance is the hallmark of a good team/unit. Yes, they are different seasons, but consistent performance...and one that is destined to improve as the season wears on as youth grows, and comfort in the system increases...is actually a GOOD thing, and does have meaning.

TT has given Favre a defense that can keep him in, and win, games..and a special teams unit that is beginning to look, well, special. The offense is admittedly a work in progress, and one that will be around long after Favre is not. It is the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres. But then again, you would be *****ing loudest if TT mortgaged the future for Brett and did not take home the prize. You must like the Dallas and San Fran models of operation..you know, the one that ruined their teams for years...a decade since Dallas has sniffed the playoffs.

Please, put the foil back on your head...shiney side out...to protect against those lunacy beams coming from your home planet.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point is that I think that the Packers could be a better team if TT would have paid even a little bit of attention to the offense and addressed the needs in FA at RB, WR, and the O-Line with some veteran help.

I believe that if he would have done that, the Packers could be competing for a championship this year!

But since he didn't, they will have their struggles, I predict!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense is admittedly a work in progress, and one that will be around long after Favre is not. It is the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres. But then again, you would be *****ing loudest if TT mortgaged the future for Brett and did not take home the prize.

Please, put the foil back on your head...shiney side out...to protect against those lunacy beams coming from your home planet.

Yes, "the offense will be around a long time after Favre is not" digs, but how long will they be a "work in progress" while TT is around?

That's my point. Keep drinking the Ted Thompson kool-aid if you will, while more rational minds will prevail.

The Browns have been around in the NFL a long time too.

But you must like that model of mediocrity, I guess. :lol:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You choose to compare the Packers to one of THE most dysfunctional franchises in the league...next to the Raiders...to bolster your position??

And here I thought I had heard it all! You continue to amaze.......

Defense wins Championships, and our D is young, with all the key players locked up for years, and great depth in most positions. My guess is that the offense will get some extra special attention in the coming years. You cannot repair an entire team all at once...priorities must be set...and defense comes first for the most obvious reason.....it is what Championships are built on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts