Jackson takes a hit

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Rookie running back Brandon Jackson left Sunday's practice after he was knocked to the ground during a 2-minute drill.

The second-round draft pick stood up after a few seconds without assistance, but he did not participate in any other contact portions of practice. He rubbed his abdomen and grimaced on the sideline, then appeared to be in pain as he undressed in the locker room.

"I don't know the extent of it," McCarthy said. "But anytime a guy lays down like that, that's not a positive sign. Hopefully, he'll be OK."

It was the second time in training camp a running back has stayed down after being hit in a non-tackling portion of practice. On Aug. 9, safety Tyrone Culver accidentally clothes-lined Noah Herron, but Herron returned to drills a few minutes later.

Linebacker Brady Poppinga made the most contact with Jackson, who was running right on a draw play from the 6-yard line.

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

This doesn't sound good.

Reaction score
Getting back on topic...

Perhaps Jackson was just winded really bad?

He's had to play 2 games in the last five days, and then come out and practice. It must be pretty taxing to have that type of schedule, and perhaps any other practice Jackson might have eventually come back.

It isn't something you want to read at this point in time, that's for sure.

I wonder if McCarthy will consider giving Jackson the game off just to let him recover.

On the bright side of things, Bishop is doing justice to his 'Bishop of Pain' nickname.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
holy wow did Dhpackr hijack this thread in record time.

Mo will be back by week 1. I'm not worried.

Reaction score
You know, the reporter is stating his observations, and with words such as "appeared" being used, we have to read between the lines.

B-Jack got up on his own, and reading between the lines he left the field on his own.

That's certainly an encouraging thing when you think about it.

Perhaps he was rubbing his stomach/abdomen because he was hungry?

Perhaps he was grimacing as he took off his clothes in the locker room because he was trying to hold in his farts? I mean I know I wouldn't want to cut one with all my teammates and so many reporters around...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
B-Jack got up on his own, and reading between the lines he left the field on his own.

Wrong.

B-Jack is dead, and it's Thompson's fault.

Ted Thompson caused 9\11

it's true, ask around.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know if Arliss Beech is around? We might have to call this guy up, just in case. At least sign him to our Practice Squad

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't know why, but my posts are being deleted by a mod. i was trying to say, i was watching a tv show called packer blitz on fox 6. it is hosted by Tom Pipens and Tim VanVoreen. Sunday nite they start the show by stating,
the pack are 10-12 million under the cap, why didn't TT bring in a F/A RB or WR?
then they go into JJ giving up on routes, and even JJ said he was wrong and needs to play better.
then
they close the show talking about how the packers cannot run the ball and how slow and tenative b-jack looked in the jags game.

now, why does this post have to be deleted?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Wrong.

B-Jack is dead, and it's Thompson's fault.

Ted Thompson caused 9\11

it's true, ask around.
now this is a waste of server space! plenty of people disagree w/TT and wonder why an skill position on offense was not addressed in the offseason.
doesn't mean that people who feel this way hate the packers, or do not want the team to win, but just want to know why?

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah.

Everybody knows it's sewn up in his mattress at home.

And it's a ***** to rip up and re-do the stitching! :shock: :D :lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well... Let Jackson sit to make sure he is ready to go on opening day... besides we need to see what we have in Wynn, White and whoever else they want to throw out there in the backfield.

Maybe Edgar will tote the ball a couple of times :razz:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
don't know why, but my posts are being deleted by a mod. i was trying to say, i was watching a tv show called packer blitz on fox 6. it is hosted by Tom Pipens and Tim VanVoreen. Sunday nite they start the show by stating,
the pack are 10-12 million under the cap, why didn't TT bring in a F/A RB or WR?
then they go into JJ giving up on routes, and even JJ said he was wrong and needs to play better.
then
they close the show talking about how the packers cannot run the ball and how slow and tenative b-jack looked in the jags game.

now, why does this post have to be deleted?

I'm tired of your ignorance therefore I've been tapping into the sql database and removing them one by one. All I have to do is a string search for 'ignorant posts' and all your posts populate.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Training Camp Report didn't have anything on this last night so it's probably not that serious. Jackson will likely not play much against Tennessee because he needs to rest up for Philly. He's taken way to many carries because of the injuries.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:
TT is selfish and keeps all the cap space money for himself
Yeah he hasn't done much as far as free agency, but I'm pretty sure he isn't keeping the money for himself.

wrong

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That's the GB cap space alongside the 9\11 relief fund. Did I mention Ted caused 9\11? Cuz he did.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
Tiger said:
TT is selfish and keeps all the cap space money for himself
Yeah he hasn't done much as far as free agency, but I'm pretty sure he isn't keeping the money for himself.

wrong

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That's the GB cap space alongside the 9\11 relief fund. Did I mention Ted caused 9\11? Cuz he did.

dont forget the money from the dogfighting ring.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts