Jackson takes a hit

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
that's no good.

Better than a broken leg or torn tendon or anything.

I'm kinda glad its a concussion, but thats cuz im a jerk.

Tell him to play with his helmet ON from now on. :)

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From PackersNews:

McCarthy: Brandon suffered concussion, questionable for Thursday

Rookie running back Brandon Jackson has a mild concussion and is questionable for Thursday's preseason finale at Tennessee. Jackson suffered the injury in practice on Sunday. It is his first concussion, coach Mike McCarthy said, but the team plans to address it cautiously.

"It's something that we're going to be very cautious with," McCarthy said. "We'll see how he's doing later today and then in the morning."

McCarthy said Noah Herron, the only non-rookie running back expected to play, would start Thursday if Jackson cannot. DeShawn Wynn also is expected to get a lot of carries, which coaches hope will free up Corey White to play some snaps at fullback.

In other injury news, tight end Donald Lee did not finish practice today. He was “banged in (Thursday's) game,” McCarthy said, and his knee may be bothering him.

Linebacker Abdul Hodge, who sat out the second straight day with patellar tendinitis in his knees, could be placed on injured reserve, McCarthy said. He is scheduled to get a second opinion this week.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my friend Shawn completed three games after sustaining concussions in college. point being, jackson should be fine, if only a few brain cells lighter

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is, concussions are accumulative. Once you start getting them they seem to come with more severity and frequency (see Troy Aikman). That is why the NFL is looking at ways to reduce such injuries.

And unfortunately, RBs take a fair amount of hits to the head, especially from LBs and DBs spearing them to make sure they're down or to knock the ball loose.

Let's hope Jackson will be alright. Both for the team, and for him personally.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is, concussions are accumulative.

Let's hope Jackson will be alright.

Yep. Lets hope this is the last one he ever suffers. :)

maybe 2-3 over the course of his 12 year GB HoF Career. :)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is, concussions are accumulative. Once you start getting them they seem to come with more severity and frequency (see Troy Aikman). That is why the NFL is looking at ways to reduce such injuries.

And unfortunately, RBs take a fair amount of hits to the head, especially from LBs and DBs spearing them to make sure they're down or to knock the ball loose.

Let's hope Jackson will be alright. Both for the team, and for him personally.

It's mild though and that's not to bad which makes me more optimistic. I wouldn't play him against Tennessee. He has to be worn out from the carries he's seen not only in games but practices. They should just let him heal and prep him for Philly cause I don't see Morency being reliable to start the season for us.

Members online

Latest posts