I've had enough of Christl...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christl is too good a writer to disregard completely, but he does have a bug up his butt about Rodgers, for whatever reason, so I just don't pay much attention to what he writes about Rodgers. I don't think it has anything to do with Christl's appreciation of Favre. There are plenty of people out there who just don't think Rodgers has what it takes to be a good NFL QB, and Christl happens to be one of them.

He should've acknowledged the fact that Rodgers looked significantly improved from last year, but it's no big deal. If Rodgers is smart, he either ignores the press or he will use Christl for motivation.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, Christl is a biased reporter. I don't read biased reporters, regardless of which side they are biased towards, because then it basically just comes down to opinion stated as fact. To me that's no different than listening to a drunk in a bar.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christl is not a reporter, he is a columnist. As such, he is paid to give us opinions, not facts. And it's hard to separate bias from opinion. As far as I can tell, "bias" is just a word for an opinion that one happens to disagree with. If I disagreed with a large percentage of what Christl writes, I wouldn't bother with him, but I'm not going to ignore him just because he sometimes annoys me. It goes with the territory. If a columnist does not annoy me at least occasionally, it probably means he's too much of a softy and isn't really saying anything interesting. Either that, or he's just a reporter who's pretending to be a columnist.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
To me, Christl is a biased reporter. I don't read biased reporters, regardless of which side they are biased towards, because then it basically just comes down to opinion stated as fact. To me that's no different than listening to a drunk in a bar.

That's a biased opinion, so do we stop reading your thoughts?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Then you should stop reading all together.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, if you like Christl's writing go ahead and read him if you like people. Far be it from me to tell anybody what to do.

I was simply stating my opinion, in doing so it would appear that I've hurt the feelings of the Cliff Christl Fan Club. Gosh, I certainly don't want everybody in the entire trailer park mad at me.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like Christl at all. I was just making the point that all reporters are biased.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
kmac said:
I don't like Christl at all. I was just making the point that all reporters are biased.

Indeed, no doubt. The problem I have though is that his bias is making his reports misleading. He made it sound like Rodgers had a bad game. While he didn't do badly, I thought at least he was average. At least report that his WRs dropped passes, which Christl just didn't state.

Honestly, by what PWT36 says, I'm kinda surprised he is still around.

BTW - thanks for keeping a cool head kmac. :)

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
all about da packers said:
Rodgers had a bad game.

agreed!

lol why not take this off topic?

I was surprised, because I had expected him to struggle. But he showed me he is poised, and was able to lead a huddle. He also showed some emotion when passes were dropped, and I think that ill evolve into a 'get in their face if they aren't performing to expectations" attitude that is needed from great QBs.

Also, Rodgers showed me arm strength, and I would interpret that he has guts, since he was trying to get passes in there. IMO, I believe that A-Rod wouldn't have been doing anything bad by throwing those tight passes, because if he had any above average WR, they would have been caught.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
arrowgargantuan said:
[quote="all about da packers":ak663li5]Rodgers had a bad game.

agreed!

lol why not take this off topic?

I was surprised, because I had expected him to struggle. But he showed me he is poised, and was able to lead a huddle. He also showed some emotion when passes were dropped, and I think that ill evolve into a 'get in their face if they aren't performing to expectations" attitude that is needed from great QBs.

Also, Rodgers showed me arm strength, and I would interpret that he has guts, since he was trying to get passes in there. IMO, I believe that A-Rod wouldn't have been doing anything bad by throwing those tight passes, because if he had any above average WR, they would have been caught.[/quote:ak663li5]

i saw a more poised Rodgers in the pocket, the TD to Boerighter comes to mind. it was by no means a great performance for him though...in my humble opinion.

also, i lot of those leadership qualities you mentioned i took notice of last year. and i clearly remember people bagging on his arm last year as well, but i always thought the kid put some velocity on the ball. i never understood that gripe.

tromadz, im crushed.

in all fairness to A-Rod, the scrimmage performance shouldn't be judged...and if it is, 2nd team O vs. 1st team D needs to be taken into account. thats an interesting variable to account for.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Hm, well for sure I may have noticed things that were present last year, unfortunately this is just my first year in which I have more live/first hand observational access to the Pack. I didn't expect him to do the things he did, in fact I expected him to sort of show flashes, but not get the O to actaully move the chains.

As for the variable, very astute comment about that. Playing devil's advocate, I would say the variable of trying to secure a spot on the roster for those 2nd stringers might lead to a bit of neutralization of the difference in talent level. Not a complete neutralization, but I beleive it would at least make a bit of a differnce. The will power/focus would be more if your trying to get a job, as opposed to knowing you already have one and much isn't expected.

Members online

Latest posts