It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones seems like a great human being, but he is too dinged up too often and doesn't make enough impact plays consistently to warrant the contract he has.
Not to mention fumbling at the worst times.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[Jets pick up phone] (dialing numbers) "Hey Lamar, welcome to the Jets because you sir are getting paid and going to lead us to a Super Bowl."
Yeah right. The Jets would have to give up two first round picks for a running QB with an injury history.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garropolo deal with Las Vegas still isn't finalized. Is he the Jets fall back option or threat to get Gute to back off?

Is Gute 11th hour negotiating with the Raiders?

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, they could, but they won't. If the Packers play hardball and the trade doesn't happen, do you really think Rodgers will come back here? By all indications, his thoughts have been to either go to the Jets or retire. That's petty much what he told his buddy on his podcast yesterday. And he's more than welcome to retire.
True, then none of us experts would have to bother guessing what the Pack could get in a trade.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Garropolo deal with Las Vegas still isn't finalized. Is he the Jets fall back option or threat to get Gute to back off?

Is Gute 11th hour negotiating with the Raiders?
He was a free agent..might be his physical or maybe just a snag in contract. He was Josh's back up in NE

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Donald Driver was requited to play for Viks by Jennings ..DD said nope he didn't want tarnish his packer legacy? I'm not exactly sure of the words but that's what I recall of his statement ment.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention fumbling at the worst times.
Maybe he could be traded along with Rodgers to snag that #13 pick. Then we use one of our first rounders to grab the Texas kid and we're set at RB for the next 6-8 years.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed 100%, and even if the money is no factor, there's a zero percent chance that Aaron Rodgers is going to let the Packers dictate his retirement decision. He'll play chicken with us instead if it comes down to it.

I honestly could see AR showing up 1265 Lombardi next week saying, if you're not going to trade me, let's starting working on the 2023 game plan. AR has the ability (and personality) to make this very, very awkward for the Packers. Are the Packers prepared to pay him $60 million for 2023?

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly could see AR showing up 1265 Lombardi next week saying, if you're not going to trade me, let's starting working on the 2023 game plan. AR has the ability (and personality) to make this very, very awkward for the Packers. Are the Packers prepared to pay him $60 million for 2023?
I don't think that's going to happen.

Aaron will advise Woody Johnson/Joe Douglas to go after Davante with their #13 pick and whatever else they will need to get him jettisoned to NY; if/once they strike a deal with Vegas MMxBG will then naturally pivot the conversations on their end to draft compensation for '24/'25 thus giving them the ability to push some of Rodgers' money around by designating moving 12 as a post-June 1 trade (which I believe is what they want anyways)-as a result the Packers will end up with at least a 1st rounder plus a bit extra for 12

We're at the end-trust-Rodgers is never suiting up as a Packer again...it's just gonna drag out, that's all.

Look, both parties (AR & GB's FO) are responsible for this. Each has a role in how this messy divorce is playing out in front of our eyes...The reality is we're in the thick of the family court stuff now, and unfortunately, it's not gonna end quickly or quietly. I expect a couple barbs to potentially slip out on either three sides of this ordeal to the media (whom I know is loving that the divorce is finally happening to help feed the beast that is the 24/7 news cycle) and once the trade is official for Aaron to b***h like a scorned woman about to write a tell-all book about her rich powerful ex-husband on how Gute is a female sanitary cylinder tissue Murphy is an incompetent windbag and both of them are stooges that weren't capable of facilitating teams stacked enough to win titles besides 2010 during his tenure

We're prolly looking at another 8-9 weeks before anything gets sorted out, and for this to be a saga that won't subside until whenever the Packers and/or Jets '23 season concludes (if NYJ makes the conference chip next year while GB flounders they'll still be jaw-jacking on ESPN about the trade this time next year)

I guess this is the price you have to pay as a fan of a small-town storied franchise without an owner that has had 2 HOF QBs with big egos back-to-back

If Jordan Love is a stud then it'll be worth it-here's to hoping he has vibranium in his shoulders and right arm...

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible the Packers screw this deal up? I'm beginning to wonder. And no, I don't blame Rodgers for this, if this blows up it's squarely in the front office's faces. They should have had this hammered out before.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible the Packers screw this deal up? I'm beginning to wonder. And no, I don't blame Rodgers for this, if this blows up it's squarely in the front office's faces. They should have had this hammered out before.
Is it possible-maybe but I think it unlikely because for one the Jets are desperate and for two I truly believe that Murphy and Gute have planned for this to go the way it's going. Designating AR to be a post-June 1 trade is what I think they want deep down-I doubt that they want to trade him before the '23 draft.

Think about it-in the debate over who has "leverage" between GB and NY, if the Jets have more leverage it would be between now and the '23 draft in terms of the draft compensation tug-o-war. But once the '23 draft is done if Rodgers is still technically a Packer then now the hourglass shifts and GB would clearly have the leverage because if everything goes to crap GB can simply pay 12 to sit in Malibu and play his guitar while reading philosophical fiction novels while the NYJ fanbase would be frothing at the mouth clamoring why the All-World QB that announced publicly he plans to play with them isn't a part of the team.

The front office won't have any egg on their faces due to the trade because tbh I expect them to get respectable compensation later this spring for Rodgers. Their judgment day comes once the '23 season ensues and is based on Jordan Love's performance as the starting QB.

The harsh reality is 10 will not have the luxury of being mediocre Year 1 and it being acceptable; the NFL is a different league now than what it was in 2008... It's much easier for a young QB to be able to make plays/be effective and move an offense consistently nowadays. Mahomes had basically 15 games as an understudy to Alex Smith;Love has had 3 full seasons behind A-Rod. If Jordan doesn't show consistent flashes of being a bonafide franchise QB-or IMO be a current Dak Prescott-level playmaker out of the gate-Clemons MLF Gute and Murphy not only will have egg on their face but a boot in their keisters because the whole lot of them may be fired. Moving on from Rodgers when it's possible he could all of a sudden have a change of heart and want to play 3-5 more seasons with a different organization that may be willing to do the things GB wouldn't do to compete at the highest level while handing the keys of the franchise over to an imposter will have dire consequences for everyone associated with the Packers, especially the front office.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's certainly some truth to that but I do also have to think that the coaching staff and front office must've seen some improvement in Love to feel comfortable in moving on now. If we were convinced heading into the 2022 season that Love was ready to be our starter I doubt we'd have handed Rodgers the massive extension we did. And if we were convinced ahead of the 2023 season that Love *wasn't* ready to be our starter, then I doubt we'd have much interest in moving Rodgers. I'm sure it's not the only factor (and just being real: Gute and the FO are probably to some degree motivated to "prove" Love can do it) but I do think that there must've been some discernible improvement in Love to cause management to change course as they have over the last year. That's encouraging to me to be honest.
When you invest in a first round QB you are almost obligated to put him out there or you have wasted your pick. Ironically, I think of the NY Jets of 1965 when the bidding wars with the AFL-NFL were happening. The Jets had 3 QBs on the roster: Mike Talifiero, Heisman winner John Huarte, and some guy named Joe Namath. They must have figured one would start, one would backup, and one would be trade bait.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just love how people think this is all the fo fault.

What if you were told that for a while, the packers were reaching out to AR but he wasn't really responding..and this was b4 the darkness

D

Deleted member 6794

And I think this is what is holding this up. How much are the Packers willing to pony up in money. The more they pay, the better the compensation. Could that be with what they are trying to do by clearing all that cap space?

The Packers don't have enough cap space to take on any of Rodgers' salary.

The only apparent, at least early on, miss is Zach Wilson...but even he showed promise and threw for 4,000 yards his rookie year and I think a year or two behind Rodgers will actually do great things for him.

I agree with the rest of your post but Wilson only threw for 2,334 yards in his rookie season. He has a career total of 4,022 passing yards in two seasons.

[Jets pick up phone] (dialing numbers) "Hey Lamar, welcome to the Jets because you sir are getting paid and going to lead us to a Super Bowl."

The Ravens would have to decline to match any offer made to Lamar though. If the Jets sign him to an offer sheet and the Ravens match it I'm not sure Rodgers would like being their second best option.

Also. Did anyone notice that all these reports of a Jets n Packers deal being consummated and we were just waiting on Rodgers to decide was a total hoax? That was possibly the biggest piece of misinformation spread yet.

Yet for some reason the fans that suggested Rodgers was holding the Packers hostage while not announcing his decision suddenly don't have any issue with the front office not having made a move for more than one week.

Probably not, but I think we are probably more comfortable right now with the idea of going into the season with both QBs on the roster than the Jets are with the idea of going into the season with Wilson as their QB1.

I highly doubt the Packers have any interest in having both Rodgers and Love on the roster for next season.

Maybe he could be traded along with Rodgers to snag that #13 pick. Then we use one of our first rounders to grab the Texas kid and we're set at RB for the next 6-8 years.

The Packers would take an additional cap hit of close to $10 million by trading Aaron Jones. Not gonna happen.

Aaron will advise Woody Johnson/Joe Douglas to go after Davante with their #13 pick and whatever else they will need to get him jettisoned to NY; if/once they strike a deal with Vegas MMxBG will then naturally pivot the conversations on their end to draft compensation for '24/'25 thus giving them the ability to push some of Rodgers' money around by designating moving 12 as a post-June 1 trade (which I believe is what they want anyways)-as a result the Packers will end up with at least a 1st rounder plus a bit extra for 12

Once again, the Raiders won't trade Adams based on the way his contract is structured.

Is it possible-maybe but I think it unlikely because for one the Jets are desperate and for two I truly believe that Murphy and Gute have planned for this to go the way it's going. Designating AR to be a post-June 1 trade is what I think they want deep down-I doubt that they want to trade him before the '23 draft.

Think about it-in the debate over who has "leverage" between GB and NY, if the Jets have more leverage it would be between now and the '23 draft in terms of the draft compensation tug-o-war. But once the '23 draft is done if Rodgers is still technically a Packer then now the hourglass shifts and GB would clearly have the leverage because if everything goes to crap GB can simply pay 12 to sit in Malibu and play his guitar while reading philosophical fiction novels while the NYJ fanbase would be frothing at the mouth clamoring why the All-World QB that announced publicly he plans to play with them isn't a part of the team.

I highly doubt the Jets are interested in waiting after June 1 to trade for Rodgers. In addition the Packers should be in favor or acquiring picks in this year's draft as well as it's probable New York's selection in next year's draft will be later in the round than this year.

In addition it would be extremely dumb to pay Rodgers $60 million for him to sit in his home in Malibu.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to know how the Packers and Jets didn't have a good framework of the trade BEFORE the Jets talked to Rodgers. I listen to Michael Lombardi's podcast weekly and he assumed they already had the framework agreed upon. He dropped another podcast yesterday (that I haven't listened to yet) and I guarantee he's going to lose his s*** over the lack of agreement for compensation between the Packers and Jets before Woody and the gang flew out to California to woo Aaron.

Lombardi is no fan of Mark Murphy by the way...

Members online

Latest posts