Its looking like Cowboys RB Elliott might get this entire suspension wiped clean

Cheese Head

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Zeke's suspension was upheld but he can play in week 1. Wut is up with that? The excuse was because the decision came down late on Wednesday. Wednesday, the middle of the week. Don't you think the Cowboys had both Zeke and McFadden practicing in the game plan? Come On NFL...... grow some.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like he's playing this year. Big W for the cowboys.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Yeah as really this may not be the end of it. As like with Deflate Gate Brady was not suspended until the year after the incident there. It could be just the beginning.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the NFL reducing the suspension. I do, however, see Elliot taking a play out of the Brady playbook and filing for an injunction in court and getting this the suspension resolution put off until the 2018 season.

You nailed it! :)

Elliott might get to play for the full season in 2017, but I don't see the NFL agreeing to a reduced suspension and I don't see Elliott winning his case on the merits. It will be Brady Part II in every way.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if he plays or not. Unlike Brady and company, when chips are stacked against them and they maintain such intense focus to overcome and power thru. It's their makeup. It's who they are. But I see Elliot as rather immature and loose. He'll be ok for a while, but I see things like this being a distraction for that team and not the unifying force that Brady and Bellicheck seem to be when trouble hits. Either way, I don't care about playing him or not. If we're mostly healthy, we're winning anyway.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, looks like Elliot will be playing for the Cowboys when we face them after all.
I was listening to a radio program today, the commentator was saying that this ruling that delays the suspension is nonsense, that the law has already been established in the Brady case, and that the judge didn't have a leg to stand on. This was in Texas, so no doubt the judge was a Cowboys fan.

I guess it's more "sporting" to beat them with Elliot anyway.