Its looking like Cowboys RB Elliott might get this entire suspension wiped clean

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...You know, I swear I saw a 'roo hopping across the road at Maria Worth. ;) It was dusk, maybe it was yeti.

Probably just a frau carrying a few mugs of bier. Some of the older ones have quite a bit of facial hair. :D

Just kidding. Austria is one of my favorite places on Earth. Great skiing, great country, absolutely gorgeous landscapes. My wife and I have the best memories from Vienna and the surrounding region.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Captain is THE biggest fan I know from Austria.....but he isn't the first....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I'm waiting for him to chime in and let you know that there wasn't actually a team called the Green Bay Packers during the rise of **** Germany.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm waiting for him to chime in and let you know that there wasn't actually a team called the Green Bay Packers during the rise of **** Germany.
I'm assuming you are splitting hairs about the actual team name.... ie Acme Packers .... Etc...? other wise ....Curly Lambeau founded the team in 1919 one year after the end of WWI.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since the suspension his upheld, the cowboy's has a thread that was created this morning just for this incident. the thing has 16 pages so far.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
since the suspension his upheld, the cowboy's has a thread that was created this morning just for this incident. the thing has 16 pages so far.
Tell them Cowboy fans I'm not impressed, we have over 100 pages on Caper and I don't know how many on Janis and they are both nice likable guys. :coffee:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How many posts don't say he is getting shafted? also page length means nothing. I have one board set to 100 posts per page. Another defaults to 15 and I can't change that.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He groped and pulled down a woman's shirt in public! She clearly did not want it. Watch the video and tell me he is innocent and not a potential embarrassment to the NFL.

Wrong.

That woman is a friend of his. Nothing came out of that besides the media doing its usual crap pot stirring. Was it bad taste though? Yes.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many posts don't say he is getting shafted? also page length means nothing. I have one board set to 100 posts per page. Another defaults to 15 and I can't change that.

just goes to show you the cowboy fans are worried their drag queen...errr I mean guy who loves to show his abs, is not going to play those 5 following games(if he plays this sunday).

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
He groped and pulled down a woman's shirt in public! She clearly did not want it. Watch the video and tell me he is innocent and not a potential embarrassment to the NFL.

As far as the alleged assault, the NFL had interviews with a dozen people and "thousands" of emails/texts/snap chats which have not been made public. Not sure how you can question The legitamicy of the evidence when you haven't seen it. The 5 person independent panel that investigated the matter were unanimous in their findings.
Well I have seen some of it. And not one person corroborates her story. Not one. Matter of a fact, several of her friends testified that she asked them to lie. And some of those are text messages. Apparently the only time anyone saw any bruises was in the photos.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong.

That woman is a friend of his. Nothing came out of that besides the media doing its usual crap pot stirring. Was it bad taste though? Yes.

Well I have seen some of it. And not one person corroborates her story. Not one. Matter of a fact, several of her friends testified that she asked them to lie. And some of those are text messages. Apparently the only time anyone saw any bruises was in the photos.
Maybe I should reserve my opinion as I have only seen the video and read the NFL letter. You haven't seen all the evidence, you may have only seen the stuff that the cowboys want to get out there

I would say this, as soon as a punishment is protested, the NFL should lay out all of its evidence in public. Elliot has gone public and here is the NFL's side.

The NFL always seems to look ugly in the PR arena in these matters.

Sky King

Reaction score
Maybe I should reserve my opinion as I have only seen the video and read the NFL letter. You haven't seen all the evidence, you may have only seen the stuff that the cowboys want to get out there

I would say this, as soon as a punishment is protested, the NFL should lay out all of its evidence in public. Elliot has gone public and here is the NFL's side.

The NFL always seems to look ugly in the PR arena in these matters.
Your point is well-taken. Due process may preclude the NFL from releasing whatever evidence it has lest it jeopardize their case (later) in a court of law. It's bound to end up reaching its final conclusion within that venue, no matter what. Presumably, from the NFL's standpoint it would be better to lose PR battles along the way than to lose the legal war itself. Sometimes it seems that the NFLPA would rather fight than win.

D

Deleted member 6794

Austria is one of my favorite places on Earth. Great skiing, great country, absolutely gorgeous landscapes. My wife and I have the best memories from Vienna and the surrounding region.

Actually you've only been to the worst places in Austria if you only visited Vienna and its surroundings. ;)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would kill a relatively large animal with my bare hands to spend some time in the Austrian countryside.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually you've only been to the worst places in Austria if you only visited Vienna and its surroundings. ;)
I spent a night in Innsbruck a few years ago... beautiful scenery.... Didn't have time to see much else.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I've skied there many times and hiked the area in and around Salzburg. My kids still talk about the sleigh ride we took one night. Shown below with our driver. Also shown is a couple of guys we met in a pub we stopped in (for, um, hot chocolate). After seeing these large horns on the wall, I asked if they still work. Next thing I know, we are back outside listening to them being played!

The specific good memory comes from, after visiting Vienna, staying at the Richard Lowenherz in a small medieval village (Durnstein) just outside of Vienna on the Danube. It was completely unplanned and we ended up there as essentially an accident. But, this occasion ended up being one of our very favorite weekends of our 25 year marriage.

Anyhow, Austria is worth being on anyone's bucket list, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts