Its looking like Cowboys RB Elliott might get this entire suspension wiped clean

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This entire situation is interesting. Either way, Zeke will be there when we play them this season. Hes getting a big reduction for sure (rumor is down to 2 games) if not an out right complete wipe.

Its looking like Goodell went against a lot of peoples wishes when he suspended him. A lot of weirdness is coming out of this.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This entire situation is interesting. Either way, Zeke will be there when we play them this season. Hes getting a big reduction for sure (rumor is down to 2 games) if not an out right complete wipe.
How so?

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fact, Breaking News is that his entire suspension is on hold. Meaning hes back to practice.

More to come.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFLPA says 0 games or we're going to court. So either way Zeke is playing this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

The NFLPA says 0 games or we're going to court. So either way Zeke is playing this year.

In my opinion, being a European, it's absolutely ridiculous that a court has the right to decide over league matters like suspensions.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, being a European, it's absolutely ridiculous that a court has the right to decide over league matters like suspensions.
Wasn't that the case with Brady's suspension last year? I think they essentially ruled that Goodell had been given the power to suspend by the contract agreement, so it held up. I'm not sure why Elliot's suspension would be any different. It does sound like he's getting something of a raw deal, but I can't stand the Cowboys, so I have trouble forcing myself to care.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't that the case with Brady's suspension last year? I think they essentially ruled that Goodell had been given the power to suspend by the contract agreement, so it held up. I'm not sure why Elliot's suspension would be any different. It does sound like he's getting something of a raw deal, but I can't stand the Cowboys, so I have trouble forcing myself to care.
Yeah, the courts, at the federal level, sited the NFL players contract, saying that Goodell had the power to suspend players for just about any reason. The players need to address this in the new contract.

Brady took the NFL all the way and lost, and it took years. Elliot might delay his suspension but he won't get it reduced if he takes the NFL to court.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's about legalities. The courts go by what was agreed upon in the players contract. A contract is legally binding here in the USA.

Sky King

Reaction score
The NFLPA is flirting with a violation of labor law (unfair labor practice) if they keep trying to avoid honoring an agreement that they themselves had signed with their eyes wide open. It's hard to cry "foul" when it's something that they had negotiated themselves. They have only themselves to blame for any clause that exists in their contract that they do not like.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's about legalities. The courts go by what was agreed upon in the players contract. A contract is legally binding here in the USA.

You might be surprised by it but a contract is legally binding here in Europe as well. ;)

Reaction score
I guess if he had his Appeal and his Suspension is wiped.. It's fair to condense this story and say "He got is A. S. Wiped" ?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I heard on Radio and on TV was about beating his GF. What about this?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is ****** assault and he should be punished. NFLPA trying to defend this ******* should be ashamed. Have him sit at home, maybe he will grow up.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So do I draft him in the second round or not? I am live in 1 hour :confused:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The matter isnt decided but when the news first came out it wasnt too difficult to predict that that ******* Goodell would nuckle under to an even bigger ******* in Jerry Jones. Behind the scenes Jones is pulling the strings.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts