It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

Reaction score
Publicly giving up on a first is a big strike for me
I think people in the media are misinterpreting that and it’s getting distorted. From what I heard Brian said nothing about lowering value. But rather that it could be done without a #13. He never at anytime eluded to lowering his combined value for This trade. He’s catching the Jets in their own trap. Both sides want that #13 and The Packers brass are just saying keep it if that’s your hangup, but we want comparable draft value.
A 42,43 gets close to #13 value but loses the 5th year option. It’s like a 17-18th overall, but slightly lower for losing a 5th year. So Call it #20 overall. By us offering them their #13, we have done the give and NY has done the take. Now where are we being reciprocated in the draft next season for allowing all this freedom of draft choices. Backing up to #20 overall? That like losing a mid 3rd Rounder in value just like that.

My final guess. I’m sure The Packers will bend a little and they’ve eluded to that. The Packers brass won’t let that 3rd Rounder get taken AND gift NY another 2nd. I believe our current floor is somewhere in that 42,43 or 42,74 area, which could happen because of the ties we have to NY. Both our Coaches and GM’s are longtime friends.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I have mentioned before I honestly don't believe either of them is telling the whole truth.

I'm hoping you're talking about the Packers robbing you and not about the guy who sold you the ticket :roflmao:

I highly doubt there's any truth to that. The Jets were aware that Rodgers might end up playing only a single season if they trade for him. Therefore I fully expect conditional picks on if he plays in 2024 to be part of the deal once it's finalized.

I don't think there's any truth to that either.
So ironic. 15 years ago the Jets knew they were taking a risk by making the deal for Brett Favre who had a habit of retiring every year. Now the Jets are trying to make a deal for another QB who tells people he may retire.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people in the media are misinterpreting that and it’s getting distorted. From what I heard Brian said nothing about lowering value. But rather that it could be done without a #13. He never at anytime eluded to lowering his combined value for This trade. He’s catching the Jets in their own trap. Both sides want that #13 and The Packers brass are just saying keep it if that’s your hangup, but we want comparable draft value.
A 42,43 gets close to #13 value but loses the 5th year option. It’s like a 17-18th overall, but slightly lower for losing a 5th year. So Call it #20 overall. By us offering them their #13, we have done the give and NY has done the take. Now where are we being reciprocated in the draft next season for allowing all this freedom of draft choices. Backing up to #20 overall? That like losing a mid 3rd Rounder in value just like that.

My final guess. I’m sure The Packers will bend a little and they’ve eluded to that. The Packers brass won’t let that 3rd Rounder get taken AND gift NY another 2nd. I believe our current floor is somewhere in that 42,43 or 42,74 area, which could happen because of the ties we have to NY. Both our Coaches and GM’s are longtime friends.

I think you need to prepare yourself for the reality that the Packers are not getting two picks in 2023. At least not in the first 2 rounds. They aren't getting #13, and they aren't getting both #42 and #43.

In my estimation they will get a 2nd in 2023 and something else in 2024--what that is in 2024 is what the stalemate is about.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So ironic. 15 years ago the Jets knew they were taking a risk by making the deal for Brett Favre who had a habit of retiring every year. Now the Jets are trying to make a deal for another QB who tells people he may retire.

Which is exactly why the Jets aren't willing to give up much for a 4 time MVP and certain first ballot hall of famer.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about this: the Packers gave up a 2nd round pick to move up in the 2nd round of the 2022 draft to get Christian Watson. And that might be about the price they get to trade away one of the greatest QB's in NFL history.

Gutey really F'ed the Packers when he made it known Aaron was not wanted back. He totally sabotaged any leverage the Packers would have in making a trade.

D

Deleted member 6794

There’s a better chance of donkeys flying in the sky above your head today than Rodgers retiring the same year as Brady.

At this point, yes. I highly doubt it had any impact on Rodgers' decision to return for next season though.

Gutekunst literally said the Packers don't necessarily need a first round pick in return for Rodgers. That's not smart approach to negotiating a trade.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you need to prepare yourself for the reality that the Packers are not getting two picks in 2023. At least not in the first 2 rounds. They aren't getting #13, and they aren't getting both #42 and #43.

In my estimation they will get a 2nd in 2023 and something else in 2024--what that is in 2024 is what the stalemate is about.
If it is that is horrific! That is not what a GM does. A good one, anyway. There is no law that says the Packers have to trade Rodgers. Now if someone wants him you talk turkey. Sometimes I think we need the guy who wrote the Art of the Deal to Make the deal.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is that is horrific! That is not what a GM does. A good one, anyway. There is no law that says the Packers have to trade Rodgers. Now if someone wants him you talk turkey. Sometimes I think we need the guy who wrote the Art of the Deal to Make the deal.
You want the Packers to go bankrupt?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you’re a little naive to how this would work if we don’t trade him….it would be a literal implosion.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is that is horrific! That is not what a GM does. A good one, anyway. There is no law that says the Packers have to trade Rodgers.

The front office painted the Packers into a corner when they made it known Rodgers was not wanted back. Once that was known the Packers are left with two choices: trade him (and now there's only one team interested) or release him (which would have horrific salary cap consequences).

Had the Packers front office been open to Rodgers returning they would have more leverage. But I think they wanted to push AR out of the nest before he could decide he wanted to stay. Even if it meant less trade compensation.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree they are not getting 42 & 43. The rest is above my pay grade. Maybe they could get their 23 6th for one of GBs 7th. IMO tell them no 2025 cond. pick for them, but we will back the 2024 conditional pick up coming GBs way to a 4th that could become a 3rd or a 5th. Their is risk/reward involved in this trade. If GB knew he wouldn't retire they would definitely expect #13 or maybe not even trade him at all IMO.

Reaction score

That just might be. However my argument would be this. We backed off #13 and already lost a 3rd Rounder being nice. How much more do the Jets want us to back up? A Day 1 next year likely will
NOT = a #42 overall now based on where the Jets will be picking. So now we’ve lost an additional 3rd Rounder for waiting an entire draft??
That’s if we get the Jets 2024 Day 1 straight up btw. I suppose they’ll want to tell us that Aaron has to Win a SB to get that?

Run this by NY. Maybe we ought to just give the Jets Aaron Rodgers and send our 2nd Rounder this year and next. Then we’ll go ahead and eat his entire contract also. Let’s just help NY build their team and we certainly wouldn’t want to chance making Aaron Rodgers unhappy or ruffling feathers!
He might retire!
He might actually show up to work!

I’d tell NY to kick Rocks and pound sand! TWO 2024-2nds straight up and we’ll kick them a #146 by 72 hours prior to the draft or we walk. How’s that for grins :)

PS. They owe us one big time for dealing them FREE 3rd AND 4th Rounders this year out of friendship and making sure we take care of Aaron properly.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible, but I am possibly dumber now than I was before I read that post.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait till the week of the draft, mention to the media that we've got an option on the table and that we're listening to offers now from other teams just innocently doing due diligence - next day float out that Rodgers is open to a trade to Miami (as I am sure he would be) and then watch the Jets cough up 13 and a player.
(How I would raise Rodgers trade value.)

Reaction score
Wait till the week of the draft, mention to the media that we've got an option on the table and that we're listening to offers now from other teams just innocently doing due diligence - next day float out that Rodgers is open to a trade to Miami (as I am sure he would be) and then watch the Jets cough up 13 and a player.
Sure. I’d only offer we don’t need to say a word. Watch and see you’ll see NY come up substantially last minute as long as we are willing to walk away. Two 2nd’s will sound cheap to NY the day of the draft.

Last edited:

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Except everyone will know it's a lie. Because if Miami was going to have interest they would have showed it by now.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To anticipate. Let Rodgers say he will retire. Let him forego all the dough. I'm sick of the whole thing.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you’re a little naive to how this would work if we don’t trade him….it would be a literal implosion.
Yes. It would. Since we have not made any explosions lately maybe an implosion might do the trick.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except everyone will know it's a lie. Because if Miami was going to have interest they would have showed it by now.

We don't know that they haven't. I expect that what we hear or read is about 5% of what actually transpires. In this example, I chose Miami as they're a divisional rival to the Jets - further nailing in the coffin for their GM if they can't get a deal done. One may say well, they can pivot to Lamar or Tannehill, but both are a step backward and I doubt either allows them to fully compete with the likes of the Bills or Fins.

Members online

Latest posts