It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, I was thinking exactly the opposite. I cannot imagine Belichick wanting to have anything whatsoever to do with Aaron Rodgers.

He took a chance on Antonio Brown and Randy Moss....I don't think inflated egos or weird behavior is a deal breaker for him.

His cap hit, however, might be.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree. You’re assuming against a best scenario of trading. However what I meant was compared to Rodgers not getting traded and sitting around moping in the media and eventually getting a full paycheck now and extending us being a Cap hostage.

I definitely agree the Packers would benefit from Rodgers retiring instead of forcing his way on the roster for next season.

Lol, I was thinking exactly the opposite. I cannot imagine Belichick wanting to have anything whatsoever to do with Aaron Rodgers.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Belichick would be ecstatic to have Rodgers as his quarterback over Mac Jones.

He took a chance on Antonio Brown and Randy Moss....I don't think inflated egos or weird behavior is a deal breaker for him.

His cap hit, however, might be.

Rodgers would count less than $16 million towards the cap in 2023 for a team acquiring him this offseason.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I definitely agree the Packers would benefit from Rodgers retiring instead of forcing his way on the roster for next season.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Belichick would be ecstatic to have Rodgers as his quarterback over Mac Jones.

Rodgers would count less than $16 million towards the cap in 2023 for a team acquiring him this offseason.
We'll have to disagree then. I don't think he'd want anything to do with Rodgers and his contract. I'd think Belichick would see him as a massive distraction for his team

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read some interesting stuff this morning. It seems that behind the scenes the 49ers are sniffing around and let it be known they'd be interested if the Jets deal doesn't go through.
Also word that the Patriots could be interested.
It could be pretty safe to say that Rodgers would be fine being traded to the 49ers. The 49ers don't have a first or second round pick in this draft, what they do have five picks in the third round. The Jets want to play hardball? See what the 49ers would say to three of those five third rounders this season along with a player or two and their first rounder next year. Find out how much the Jets really want Rodgers, maybe badly enough to give up number 13 and more.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t want gute to have any 3rd rounders anymore. Though a guy can’t be wrong forever can he?

maybe he’s due? Lol

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors, rumors:

A New York sports radio host claims the San Francisco 49ers are looming if the Jets can't trade for Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Ever heard of Craig Carton? Well, you have now.

Carton has a show on FS1 and is a New York sports radio host. That's about all you need to know for this story to make sense.

With the New York Jets and Green Bay Packers at a bit of a stalemate in Aaron Rodgers trade talks, Carton believes another team is waiting in the wings to jump in on the Jets failure — the San Francisco 49ers.

How funny would it be if the Jets screwed this up?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don’t envision Rodgers wanting to go to the Niners at this point IMO.
The 49'ers were a lot closer to a SuperBowl than the Jets were last season. So I'm not sure why Rodgers wouldnt view it as an ideal place and team to finish his career with, right in his own backyard. Rodgers is so much more of a West coast guy, than a New Yorker. Also, with Purdy's recovery time unknown, it's a perfect fit. Purdy learning behind Rodgers for a few years, not bad either.

I'd be ALL ears if I was Gute and just tell the Jets, 9'ers and any other team that might be interested; "Good luck and let the bidding begin."

Reaction score
The 49'ers were a lot closer to a SuperBowl than the Jets were last season. So I'm not sure why Rodgers wouldnt view it as an ideal place and team to finish his career with, right in his own backyard. Rodgers is so much more of a West coast guy, than a New Yorker. Also, with Purdy's recovery time unknown, it's a perfect fit. Purdy learning behind Rodgers for a few years, not bad either.

I'd be ALL ears if I was Gute and just tell the Jets, 9'ers and any other team that might be interested; "Good luck and let the bidding begin."
Yeah I’m sort of in the that corner. Except I’m giving NY every opportunity to get Rodgers shy of us being dumb (such as taking A 3rd Rounder or even just a future 2nd rounder. We might as well have a lemonade stand and charge a penny and cower at the thought of being too aggressive.:coffee:

Let NY pursue Lamar and put up multiple 1st and 2nd rounders across multiple drafts and get ready to clear major cap room or get into heavy debt like we did to the tune of $46-48Mil per year starting now.
Bye bye Rodgers $16m Cap hit this season and don’t plan on selecting until Round 3 at best. It’ll make the Bears-Khalil Mack deal look like the bargain bin. If Lamar doesn’t work out similar to Russell, they’ll be out of NFL race for 5 seasons minimum.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I don’t envision Rodgers wanting to go to the Niners at this point IMO.

I'm absolutely convinced Rodgers would love to play for the Niners next season.

Let NY pursue Lamar and put up multiple 1st and 2nd rounders across multiple drafts and get ready to clear major cap room or get into heavy debt like we did to the tune of $46-48Mil per year starting now.
Bye bye Rodgers $16m Cap hit this season and don’t plan on selecting until Round 3 at best. It’ll make the Bears-Khalil Mack deal look like the bargain bin. If Lamar doesn’t work out similar to Russell, they’ll be out of NFL race for 5 seasons minimum.

The Jets could structure Lamar's contract in a way for him counting only $16 million against their cap in 2023 as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the 9er's had anything to give, I'd be all ears. So would Rodgers. Talk about a team ready to win it all, they're it. Much more so than the Jets. I actually think a Miami or 9er's team led by Rodgers have much more potential than the Jets.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the 9er's had anything to give, I'd be all ears. So would Rodgers. Talk about a team ready to win it all, they're it. Much more so than the Jets. I actually think a Miami or 9er's team led by Rodgers have much more potential than the Jets.

49ers would require Gute to take far far less equity back this year, but IF they really got involved would for sure I bet send far more capital back to us in future year(s).

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
49ers would require Gute to take far far less equity back this year, but IF they really got involved would for sure I bet send far more capital back to us in future year(s).
I'd be fine with 2024 draft picks, as long as they were deemed more valuable then what the Jets are currently offering, which seems like less than what the Packers want.

If what we hear about the Jets position is true, I don't like it. It seems they don't want to give much in trade because of the way Rodgers has been waffling every offseason about playing another year. I get that, because it is true, he might be 1 and done. With that said, if they only want to pay based on that, then why the hell should the Packers be on the hook for a 2025 pick if Rodgers only plays 1 year? Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I wouldn't be shocked if Rodgers plays 2 or even more years. Which I think the Jets know damn well is most likely. Hopefully, if a team like the 49'ers shows solid interest, then that allows the Packers to stand steady on their demands and even better, negotiate after the upcoming draft, when perhaps another team steps in.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's true that the 49ers are in the mix, it gives the Packers back some leverage.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
According to Carton, San Francisco’s trade package involves multiple third-round picks in this upcoming draft and a first-round choice in the 2024 draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Carton, San Francisco’s trade package involves multiple third-round picks in this upcoming draft and a first-round choice in the 2024 draft.

Oh for sure expected their package to be their three LATE thirds this year and first next year.

I don't like that return of such low essentially fourth round value thirds this year, but three of them is SIGNIFICANT and truthfully could be turned into something more or used to move around the board.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, salary cap reasons I don't see 49ers even remotely being able to do this...truthfully the three thirds and a first I think may very well be solid return in comparison to Jets, but Corey Davis is a much better player in return fiscally and player wise then what 49ers would want to send our way....I mean Deebo is palatable this year but than is like a 28M hit next year and has over 10M in voided years even....love to have him but NOPE.

Shoot maybe that is where we get our insurance young back up plan...if somehow fiscally they can absorb Rodgers take their three thirds, a 2024 first and Trey Lance in exchange for Rodgers and like a 4th in 2024.