It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn’t we just all pitch a fit if #12 changes his mind and decides he wants to stay and play here……

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn’t we just all pitch a fit if #12 changes his mind and decides he wants to stay and play here……

It seems according to Rodgers very mouth the organization is why he is going elsewhere not him fully.

And to be fair it would seem Murphy’s statements don’t contradict that either.

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems according to Rodgers very mouth the organization is why he is going elsewhere not him fully.

And to be fair it would seem Murphy’s statements don’t contradict that either.
I don’t think he has been “all in” for the Pack for a couple of years anyway. He certainly didn’t get the wins when we needed him.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if #12 is a little miffed at how little the Jets seem to want to pay for his services?

I don’t understand why they can’t get this done and move on?

Rodgers has an interest in the Jets giving up as little as possible for him. I'm pretty sure AR wants the #13 overall pick working for the Jets rather than the Packers.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not me. If you don't want one of the greatest QB's in history playing for your team I think you have a problem. The guy can be a PITA but the Packers will be for the worse without him.*

*I'm a Jordan Love skeptic but I will be rooting for him assuming he's the starting QB.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if #12 is a little miffed at how little the Jets seem to want to pay for his services?

I don’t understand why they can’t get this done and move on?
Because history has never been on their side except when Broadway Joe worked the gods in SB III.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don’t think he has been “all in” for the Pack for a couple of years anyway. He certainly didn’t get the wins when we needed him.

Boy oh boy, Rodgers won two MVP awards over the last three seasons but there are Packers fans out there who truly believe he wasn't all in :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to be cheering for GB one way or the other. at this point it wouldn' surprise me at all if the Jets and Packers and Rodgers have it all figured out and the trade has been completed and the media just keeps pounding its narratives because it works for them. Journalistic integrity keeps tanking and they'd rather get you revved up rather than give you information anymore. Drives clicks and controls eyeballs. I don't really believe that, but man, a quick glance at the various articles put out every day is almost laughable the directions they all go.

It' hurts monetarily, but you know what's worse than having 2 QB's on a roster capable of starting NFL games? having none. I'm not getting too excited either way. I'm quite comfortable just letting it play out.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So he won an MVP not being "all in"? Imagine how good he could be if he applied himself. ;)
That is exactly correct

I'm thinking all in meant be there at the very start to help as much as possible.

But we have re hashed this millions of times.

Some think he had to be (coaches) and some posters.

Some think it isnt needed for him to be there

Watson about Rodgers on Rich Eisen..this is what others have mentioned. He can talk to newbies and get them more ready

“Whenever I had a question whenever I had something in my mind even if it seemed like a dumb question he was always open to answering that for me and giving me his mindset on that. I think he helped me develop a lot. I think he helped me gain that confidence that I gained later in the year with his confidence in me.”

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to be cheering for GB one way or the other. at this point it wouldn' surprise me at all if the Jets and Packers and Rodgers have it all figured out and the trade has been completed and the media just keeps pounding its narratives because it works for them. Journalistic integrity keeps tanking and they'd rather get you revved up rather than give you information anymore. Drives clicks and controls eyeballs. I don't really believe that, but man, a quick glance at the various articles put out every day is almost laughable the directions they all go.

It' hurts monetarily, but you know what's worse than having 2 QB's on a roster capable of starting NFL games? having none. I'm not getting too excited either way. I'm quite comfortable just letting it play out.
I'm thinking that the whole thing is now based on money from the contract and that has to do with time. I don't know when the most opportune time is to do the trade so the Rodgers' contract money is in the right positions for everybody concerned but it seems we have to wait for now. I'll be glad when all the trades, draft and free agent stuff is over and I can watch and see if LaFleur is the coach for the future.

D

Deleted member 6794

I definitely agree with your take on today's media but I don't think the trade between the Packers and Jets has been agreed to at this point. There's no hurry to get it done anyway though. The first day to circle on the calendar is April 17 with both teams starting their offseason program that day. It's not that important to have the transaction finalized at that point either, so April 27 with the first round of the draft being scheduled is currently the most relevant date to keep in mind.

I'm thinking that the whole thing is now based on money from the contract and that has to do with time. I don't know when the most opportune time is to do the trade so the Rodgers' contract money is in the right positions for everybody concerned but it seems we have to wait for now.

Regarding the money and cap it doesn't make any difference either for the Packers or the Jets if the trade is completed now or shortly before the start of the season in September.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does make a difference to the Packers. As a post June 1st trade allows them to spread the dead cap over 2 seasons instead of taking it all in 2023.

Also being all in for your "job" means being there when you're paid to be there. I believe Rodgers did that. Working out with your wrs on your own time or attending unpaid training would be considered extra, above and beyond being all in

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does make a difference to the Packers. As a post June 1st trade allows them to spread the dead cap over 2 seasons instead of taking it all in 2023.

Also being all in for your "job" means being there when you're paid to be there. I believe Rodgers did that. Working out with your wrs on your own time or attending unpaid training would be considered extra, above and beyond being all in
Let me preface by saying I believe AR missing OTAs had very little if anything to do with how the season unfolded. With that said I believe living up to the obligations of your contract means you are in. Doing extra, going above and beyond is all in. IMO.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Then why training camp?

NFL players are paid their annual salary during the regular season. Generally players receive a game check each week, although some players will set it up so they get paid across the entire year rather than just during the season. However, the salary is based on the 17 games they play during the regular season.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I believe AR missing OTAs had very little if anything to do with how the season unfolded. With that said I believe living up to the obligations of your contract means you are in. Doing extra, going above and beyond is all in. IMO.

Difference in opinion.

Reaction score
Your can't make a leader of a football team out of a California Queen that is always putting himself first.

Yes, like Favre, Roders won many MVP awards and guess what, there was only 2 Super Bowls between them.
That my loyal fans is the fault of the Packer organization.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your can't make a leader of a football team out of a California Queen that is always putting himself first.

Yes, like Favre, Roders won many MVP awards and guess what, there was only 2 Super Bowls between them.
That my loyal fans is the fault of the Packer organization.

To be fair I didn’t see that mentality from Rodgers until he truly reached the top of the “mountain” if you will…personally I will always say it was about only the last five or six years that I began becoming uncomfortable with his mentality and such.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair I didn’t see that mentality from Rodgers until he truly reached the top of the “mountain” if you will…personally I will always say it was about only the last five or six years that I began becoming uncomfortable with his mentality and such.

Hmm Idk I think he's been the way he is from the beginning when he walked in and told Favre he was going to be better than him. Which he is but still...I think the media has made you more aware of the diva tendencies over the last 5 or 6 years

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm Idk I think he's been the way he is from the beginning when he walked in and told Favre he was going to be better than him. Which he is but still...I think the media has made you more aware of the diva tendencies over the last 5 or 6 years

Oh I’m not going to pretend there hasn’t been a large media piece perhaps to it all, but also some of that was his doing and choosing to be more out there too.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this. He pushed McCarthy around (which was deserved), but then Arod seemed to get a taste for it.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if he showed up for otas worked out and tore his achilles..done for season. Then people would be saying he didn't need to be there..why would he show up for voluntary workouts. Ted failed to replenish the defense after the superbowl. Gutey didn't give him enough playmaker on offense. It's not like Rodgers wasn't all in.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What if he showed up for otas worked out and tore his achilles..done for season. Then people would be saying he didn't need to be there..why would he show up for voluntary workouts. Ted failed to replenish the defense after the superbowl. Gutey didn't give him enough playmaker on offense. It's not like Rodgers wasn't all in.
Tbh

I'm tired of what US fans think is all in. We have no clue what the team thinks is all in. We have an opinion on what WE THINK is all in. But we sure has hell have no effing.clue

Lets stop pretending we know

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean can the employer think all in means anything more than what the employee is paid to do?

Now Im not 100% Rodgers hasnt chosen to forgoe a bonus tied to his attendance at various portions of the off season.

The bottom line is if they wanted him or any player there bad enough, they could simply tie enough bonus money to it that the player would deem it worth his time to attend

Members online

Latest posts