It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This will be my last attempt. I believe in winning now. By "now" I do not mean today. I mean as soon as possible. At Gary's position we had some nice players but none of them are FHOF. What I find ironic is that you are the guy who wanted Love playing at the end of last year partly for better draft position, then you are quick to point out that there was no guarantee that the picks used on Love would have worked out for the Pack. By drafting later round QBs you may find one to fill the role of future QB if you get lucky as you point out even top 5 draftees sometimes don't make it at QB. Take a few shots at a late rounder and then use a high pick when you actually need a QB.
Where is the irony? With 5 games to go, I felt that the Packers season was going nowhere. Given that, the best plan was to do everything with an eye on the future. Playing Love and younger guys would have accomplished a lot more. If they lost games, big deal, improves their draft position, a fair traded off IMO.

As it turns out, I was right. The 4 games that the Packers won at the end of the season ended up being pretty meaningless, IMO. Throw in a gut wrenching loss to the fricking Lions and it was a fitting end to a very forgettable season. Instead, Love got zero snaps in those games, same for many of the other younger guys, we ended up with the 15th pick in every round, instead of the 2nd or 3rd. I would call all of those things pretty significant losses for the future.

So yes, we have a different point of view of what wins and losses mean to a team and planning for the future. I get the "winning now" thing, I just believe in more and better gains with a longer term outlook.

Reaction score
Where is the irony? With 5 games to go, I felt that the Packers season was going nowhere. Given that, the best plan was to do everything with an eye on the future. Playing Love and younger guys would have accomplished a lot more. If they lost games, big deal, improves their draft position, a fair traded off IMO.

As it turns out, I was right. The 4 games that the Packers won at the end of the season ended up being pretty meaningless, IMO. Throw in a gut wrenching loss to the fricking Lions and it was a fitting end to a very forgettable season. Instead, Love got zero snaps in those games, same for many of the other younger guys, we ended up with the 15th pick in every round, instead of the 2nd or 3rd. I would call all of those things pretty significant losses for the future.

So yes, we have a different point of view of what wins and losses mean to a team and planning for the future. I get the "winning now" thing, I just believe in more and better gains with a longer term outlook.

It’s all good. It actually exposed us for the pretenders we were and got $50.3 run out of town, so there’s that.

I would trade back into Round 2 with the extra selection from the Rodgers trade next year and keep doing that each draft, thus leaving a residual draft selection every season until a season after Rodgers retires. Then use the last one to trade up into Round 1 for a WR :cool:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It’s all good. It actually exposed us for the pretenders we were and got $50.3 run out of town, so there’s that.

I would trade back into Round 2 with the extra selection from the Rodgers trade next year and keep doing that each draft, thus leaving a residual draft selection every season until a season after Rodgers retires. Then use the last one to trade up into Round 1 for a WR :cool:
How many picks did we get for Rodgers? :eek:

I am under the assumption we only get 1 more. Which will be a 1st if Rodgers plays 65% or more of the offensive snaps or a 2nd if that doesn't happen. After the 2024 draft, the trade terms are all met.

Reaction score
How many picks did we get for Rodgers? :eek:

I am under the assumption we only get 1 more. Which will be a 1st if Rodgers plays 65% or more of the offensive snaps or a 2nd if that doesn't happen. After the 2024 draft, the trade terms are all met.
I got that.
What I meant if You and I trade draft selections and I give you a 2024 #26 overall (Jets est.) for your 2024 #62 overall.. What corresponding draft selection would I get in the 2025 draft for that trading out of Day1 for you?

So with that in mind.. Don’t use our 2024 Day1 draft bonus. Instead Take a later 2nd Round draft “bonus” in a trade back. Then roll the Day1 residual until we feel we’re all in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How many QB's in the playoffs find themselves there with Jeff Janis and Jared Abbredaris as their best passing options? and win?
Exactly what I said.
What’s interesting is I said the exact same thing because he was surrounded By subpar weapons.
I said I gave Rodgers a pass in 2015. Yet for whatever reason @captainWIMM wanted to argue with me about the 1 season free evaluation pass anyway.

It’s amazing how often we can throw someone a gift bone (I clearly said 2015 was not Aaron’s fault) and then an Aaron supporter is so Defensive that they’ll still continue to complain or are unhappy. Captain’s response only further speaks to the validity that with some posters you just can’t win, even when you offer to agree with their point of view.. they’ll find a way to disagree.

For post #873 in relative Defense of Rodgers not being “always” the problem, I both got ridiculed from @Schultz for being an Aaron Rodgers apologist and then had Captain want to debate me giving Aaron a pass on that 2015 offense. It’s not just a one poster Anomoly, I’m closer and closer to the conclusion that being an avid Aaron supporter has the characteristics of a Chronic disease. :laugh: I’ve since considered deleting my post to avoid any contagion :eek:

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly what I said.
What’s interesting is I said the exact same thing because he was surrounded By subpar weapons.
I said I gave Rodgers a pass in 2015. Yet for whatever reason @captainWIMM wanted to argue with me about the 1 season free evaluation pass anyway.

It’s amazing how often we can throw someone a gift bone (I clearly said 2015 was not Aaron’s fault) and then an Aaron supporter is so Defensive that they’ll still continue to complain or are unhappy. Captain’s response only further speaks to the validity that with some posters you just can’t win, even when you offer to agree with their point of view.. they’ll find a way to disagree.

For post #873 in relative Defense of Rodgers not being “always” the problem, I both got ridiculed from @Schultz for being an Aaron Rodgers apologist and then had Captain want to debate me giving Aaron a pass on that 2015 offense. It’s not just a one poster Anomoly, I’m closer and closer to the conclusion that being an avid Aaron supporter has the characteristics of a Chronic disease. :laugh: I’ve since considered deleting my post to avoid any contagion :eek:
I didn't read your guy's back and forth, I was just responding to the one above my comment where it was said,

2 Hail Marys to “get back in the game” after us scoring 13 points across near 4 Quarters is all we need to know about our “too little too late” Postseason Offense.
Although that admittedly exciting finish was a much better Offensive performance than the 8 Points we scored against Arizona 3 weeks earlier. :tup:

Btw. Carolina stomped on the Arizona Defense with a near 50 Burger the next week. So it’s not like Arizona had some impenetrable Defense.

I was responding to the "too little too late" postseason offense comment. Just wanted to comment, not many people are winning playoff games with that level of passing options.

I get afraid to quote any comments I want to respond to, because someone will just come behind and delete them if I quote the wrong person.

Reaction score
I didn't read your guy's back and forth, I was just responding to the one above my comment where it was said,

I was responding to the "too little too late" postseason offense comment. Just wanted to comment, not many people are winning playoff games with that level of passing options.

I get afraid to quote any comments I want to respond to, because someone will just come behind and delete them if I quote the wrong person.
Oh I know. Plus it’s hard for anyone to read every post or follow the entire thread.
I just didn’t want you to think I said something I really didn’t. I was just arguing with Captain because it’s just what we do. Him and I are just meant to argue. I see it as good..
it makes me do research and he makes me stronger. Meanwhile I probably aggravate him and lower his expectations for myself and others. :laugh:

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly what I said.

If you think I was ridiculing you for being an AR supporter you truly have no idea what sarcasm is. That does explain a lot. I will definitely keep that in mind from now on.

JPPT1974

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just love Favre, Rodgers kind of leaves on bad terms. But at least Favre later reconciled with GB. Hope when all is said and done, Rodgers will do that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think I was ridiculing you for being an AR supporter you truly have no idea what sarcasm is. That does explain a lot. I will definitely keep that in mind from now on.
Or, maybe you have a track record of ridiculing people. You know, like this post of yours.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just love Favre, Rodgers kind of leaves on bad terms. But at least Favre later reconciled with GB. Hope when all is said and done, Rodgers will do that.
I thought the Favre situation was much more contentious. I don't think there will be any issue with AR joining the ring of honor.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, maybe you have a track record of ridiculing people. You know, like this post of yours.
I will honestly take that constructive criticism to heart. In return I just ask that people do not take my posts so literally. If you read the post that started this, I even joked about him getting kicked out of the club.

Reaction score
You’re a very abrasive personality. Thankfully, There’s only a small group of posters in here that fall into that abrasive area. Quit taking everything as so personal. I could tell you your shoe laces are untied and you’d strike back and say I shouldn’t feel that way and you’ll remember I said that.
If it’s about Aaron Rodgers? Jordan Love is our QB now.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As it turns out, I was right. The 4 games that the Packers won at the end of the season ended up being pretty meaningless, IMO. Throw in a gut wrenching loss to the fricking Lions and it was a fitting end to a very forgettable season.
I can't fault them for trying to make the playoffs, even though I wouldn't have expected them to get too far anyway. It came down to a home game against the Lions, I think most people would take those odds, even if they were tough last year, and likely will be this year again.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Favre situation was much more contentious. I don't think there will be any issue with AR joining the ring of honor.
i agree. I don't think there is any real maliciousness between Rodgers and the team, it's mostly just people complaining. That's not to say personalities didn't wear on each other, or that things grew tired, but there is no real problem there. Rodgers was traded mainly for financial issues and because it was time to rebuild. Rodgers' personality may be difficult, but that's just part of the package. People are people, they are who they are. Rodgers was a great quarterback, his personality was part of the whole, you can't change it.

Reaction score
i agree. I don't think there is any real maliciousness between Rodgers and the team, it's mostly just people complaining. That's not to say personalities didn't wear on each other, or that things grew tired, but there is no real problem there. Rodgers was traded mainly for financial issues and because it was time to rebuild. Rodgers' personality may be difficult, but that's just part of the package. People are people, they are who they are. Rodgers was a great quarterback, his personality was part of the whole, you can't change it.
Sure. Many elite athletes (primarily males) have a Narcissistic personality. I believe it’s even often part of what propels them in competitive nature. Unfortunately us fans enable those behaviors, so I guess you could say we are partly to blame.
I think Aaron is particular and such, but as you said that’s pretty much all of us. He’s probably a good dude behind closed doors.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure. Many elite athletes (primarily males) have a Narcissistic personality. I believe it’s even often part of what propels them in competitive nature. Unfortunately us fans enable those behaviors, so I guess you could say we are partly to blame.
We are partly to blame, because we are the ones (along with the meda, I suppose) who put these star athletes (and especially quarterbacks) on pedestals, turn them into stars, and pay them exorbitant salaries (or enable them). These guys grow up as pampered athletes, and they go right from high school to college to the NFL. I don't expect them to be any less than divas.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A-Rod is a great QB, but his dancing is a bit...suspect.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually thought the Love crack was a little bit funny. Especially for him.

I considered him to be a fun guy for a lot of years. Unfortunately he changed his tone over the past few months for some unknown reason which resulted in me changing my mind.

You're using hindsight to conclude you were right. I have been told we're not supposed to do that around here though. Well, it seems it's only legit once it fits your narrative.

I wasn't even talking about Rodgers in my reply. In my opinion it's unfair to solely blame the offense when the defense gives up a touchdown in only three plays to start overtime. They definitely deserve part of the blame for that loss.

Reaction score
wasn't even talking about Rodgers in my reply. In my opinion it's unfair to solely blame the offense when the defense gives up a touchdown in only three plays to start overtime. They definitely deserve part of the blame for that loss.
I never said the D doesn’t contribute to a loss. However in 2015 postseason in particular, our Defense allowed 18 and 20 points in regulation play respectively. Imo the Packers Offense should be able to score at least 21 points in consecutive games. That last game should’ve never gotten to OT to begin with. The mere fact it took 2 Hail Marys to score 20 points in regulation speaks very loudly. That means we scored 13 points until the very last second. We pay Aaron Rodgers to put teams away come Postseason, if he can’t score 21 in regulation then there’s a problem.

2015 Playoffs were clearly a fault of a sputtering Offense.
Punt
Punt
FG
FG
4 possessions;6 Points

INT
TD
Punt
Punt
Downs
TD (Double Desperation Hail Mary)

2 points per Offensive possession isn’t going to take you very far unless you are the 1985 Bears Defense. You’ve got to Win on your serve (Offense) if your return game is solid.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts