It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is why Rodgers, as great as he was, was never in the top 3 in passing yards in any NFL season.

The main reason Rodgers never finished in the top 3 in passing yards is that he never was among the top 3 in pass attempts either. He finished among the top 3 in yards per attempt five times during his career though.

Rodgers fans have to be concerned with this injury. How can he possible tweak an ankle while learning how to huddle? Which has been stated that is all they do in OTAs.

Rodgers tweaked his calf warming up. If he only did that with the Packers over the past few years I'm quite sure they would have been much more successful ;)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers tweaked his calf warming up. If he only did that with the Packers over the past few years I'm quite sure they would have been much more successful ;)
That's worse! He didn't even make it to the "how to huddle and unhuddle" drills. I'm not sure what warm-ups consist of when you prepare to get into and out of huddles, but it can't be too strenuous,

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it. Not a single poster says anything near " I told you he shouldn't go to OTAs" yet it gets mentioned by an OTA enthusiaist who goes on to completely misunderstand the actual Karma in the situation. Then we get the Rodgers bashing of he is already getting his excuse ready. Yet we are still suppose to believe that the pro -Rodgers crowd are the ones obsessed with him and can't let it go. I love it.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although there's no getting away from it either here or on TV with guys like Greenberg, I'm really not paying attention to anything Rogers anymore. He plays for the Jets now. My focus is Jordan Love and the Packers, and I think they're going to surprise some people this season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although there's no getting away from it either here or on TV with guys like Greenberg, I'm really not paying attention to anything Rogers anymore. He plays for the Jets now. My focus is Jordan Love and the Packers, and I think they're going to surprise some people this season.

Yup, had a buddy ask if Rodgers went to their OTAs...had zero clue.

I said I assumed he will show unlike last few here - but didn't know without doing some searching out the information.

There was a moment in Love's interview talking about leadership qualities he picked up from Rodgers and he was speaking to the urgency Rodgers always had with getting players up to par with the offense and calls and such that he for sure took from him...but at the same time he also at one point eluded to that is was OTAs are for, get that acclimation process started, let us form those relationships and bonds....it is stuff like that and you hear it from everyone, illustrating the importance of them, I'm happy all of our guys are in house even if rehabbing on sidelines and such. Makes me happy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I love it. Not a single poster says anything near " I told you he shouldn't go to OTAs" yet it gets mentioned by an OTA enthusiaist who goes on to completely misunderstand the actual Karma in the situation. Then we get the Rodgers bashing of he is already getting his excuse ready. Yet we are still suppose to believe that the pro -Rodgers crowd are the ones obsessed with him and can't let it go. I love it.
Looks like you missed the very first post about the subject, I have put it below for you to read. How you interpret the first half of that post might say something about how you process anything Rodgers. I get a kick out of the whole Rodgers debate. Most Packer fans have acknowledged how great Rodgers was as a Packer, but if they dare point out some flaws in his game or character, suddenly they are a "Rodgers Basher", to a few people.

Rodgers will be a first ballot HOF'er, he had an awesome career in Green Bay. During his time in GB, he may have done more for the Packers than any single player has. However, he's human, he has flaws, he makes mistakes. Many fans got tired of his schtick, as well as the cost to keep him around and as hard as it is for some to hear, I think the FO did too. I understand those that want to remain loyal to him and would have been just fine with him playing in GB for the rest of his career. However, what I don't understand is the sensitivity some have to any level of Rodgers criticism.

Rodgers tweaking his calf at OTAs has a little bit of forum material for everyone.

If you hate OTAs : "See, this is why OTAs are bad!"
If you hate Rodgers : "Glad he got injured!"
If you love Rodgers : "Oh no! He got injured"
If you love OTAs : "Why did Rodgers never show for our OTAs!"
If you hate the Jets : "Haha!"
If you love the Jets : "Oh no!"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There was a moment in Love's interview talking about leadership qualities he picked up from Rodgers and he was speaking to the urgency Rodgers always had with getting players up to par with the offense and calls and such that he for sure took from him...but at the same time he also at one point eluded to that is was OTAs are for, get that acclimation process started, let us form those relationships and bonds....it is stuff like that and you hear it from everyone, illustrating the importance of them, I'm happy all of our guys are in house even if rehabbing on sidelines and such. Makes me happy.

No doubt Rodgers did a much better job mentoring Love, than Favre did with Rodgers. I also hope that Love paid close attention to some of the negative things that Rodgers did as well and learn from those. Jordan's comment about OTA's leads me to believe that he was paying close attention to both the good and bad.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt Rodgers did a much better job mentoring Love, than Favre did with Rodgers. I also hope that Love paid close attention to some of the negative things that Rodgers did as well and learn from those. Jordan's comment about OTA's leads me to believe that he was paying close attention to both the good and bad.

yup.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like you missed the very first post about the subject, I have put it below for you to read. How you interpret the first half of that post might say something about how you process anything Rodgers. I get a kick out of the whole Rodgers debate. Most Packer fans have acknowledged how great Rodgers was as a Packer, but if they dare point out some flaws in his game or character, suddenly they are a "Rodgers Basher", to a few people.

Rodgers will be a first ballot HOF'er, he had an awesome career in Green Bay. During his time in GB, he may have done more for the Packers than any single player has. However, he's human, he has flaws, he makes mistakes. Many fans got tired of his schtick, as well as the cost to keep him around and as hard as it is for some to hear, I think the FO did too. I understand those that want to remain loyal to him and would have been just fine with him playing in GB for the rest of his career. However, what I don't understand is the sensitivity some have to any level of Rodgers criticism.
I haven't read the rest of your post yet. Just the 1st line. The post you cited has no opinion either way on Rodgers going to OTAs. The author is merely stating that he ultimately believes there will be subsequent posts from both sides of the argument. Nothing more nothing less IMO. I will now go back and read the rest of your post. I can only speak for myself. Other than the draft pick I do not care if AR plays another down of football. He is no longer a Packer. I did not want them to trade him because I have this weird habit of wanting my favorites teams to win as many games as possible. It is that simple, nothing more nothing less. What I don't understand is the urge to criticize him and or those who feel he would give the team the best chance to win games.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have this weird habit of wanting my favorites teams to win as many games as possible.

I see, so in a round about way, what you are trying to say is that you think that the FO has now put the Packers in a position to lose more games, than they would have won by hanging on to Rodgers? Are you thinking long term or only about 2023?

What I don't understand is the urge to criticize him at every turn.

Much like the urge to defend him at every turn.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What I don't understand is the urge to criticize him and or those who feel he would give the team the best chance to win games.
I see you edited your last post. If you internalize any criticism of your views on Rodgers, as direct criticism of you, that is on you. I wouldn't take negative or positive comments about Rodgers so personally, but that is just me.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not want them to trade him because I have this weird habit of wanting my favorites teams to win as many games as possible. It is that simple, nothing more nothing less. What I don't understand is the urge to criticize him and or those who feel he would give the team the best chance to win games.
I'm curious, did you think we could have won another SB with Rodgers?

Although I would call it a push between Rodgers and Love on win total playing for the Packers in 2023, I think the odds are greater that Love wins a SB. The odds are long, but I dont think Rodgers had much of any shot. And when you look over the next 5 years, going with Love gives us a much better shot at a Lombardi.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And when you look over the next 5 years, going with Love gives us a much better shot at a Lombardi.
Bingo...winner winner, chicken dinner. The Packers now have money to spend on other players, extra draft picks and of course hopefully, a budding young QB.

Reaction score
I think the passing yards and completion percentage will be ok for a first year starter, the biggest concern for me is going to be the turnovers. I'm just hoping the TD/INT ratio is closer to 2:1 than it is 1:1.
Although I think Jordan’s INT totals in his Junior college season was an anomaly result from drastic global changes in coaches and Offensive Personnel. If we include that funky season Jordan was still greater than 2:1 TD/INT ratio. So his college performance couldn’t have initiated any major concern.
Maybe you are considering his 3TD/3INT NFL career? Let me ask this.. If Love Had 3TD/0INT would you anticipate Jordan never throwing any INT this season? Of course not

This whole Love throwing INT 1:1 is just baseless imo. Could it happen? Sure. Is it realistic? No
Although we should tell Love to stay away from Jameis Winston and Brett Favre. Those guys are bad luck! :p

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say I expected him to throw a 1:1 ratio. I said I hoped it would be closer to 2:1 than 1:1. If it is I'd conclude it a successful season for him. If it's bigger than that I'd be ecstatic.

I don't know what he's going to do. I expect better, but fully realize, a lot of QB's end up not so good in that regard especially year 1.

Reaction score
I didn't say I expected him to throw a 1:1 ratio. I said I hoped it would be closer to 2:1 than 1:1. If it is I'd conclude it a successful season for him. If it's bigger than that I'd be ecstatic.

I don't know what he's going to do. I expect better, but fully realize, a lot of QB's end up not so good in that regard especially year 1.
I gotcha. Well Farvey did throw worse than 1:1 TD/INT twice (1993/1999) so it’s not impossible. Just really unlikely

I really believe Clements will mitigate some of that sloppiness that carries over from HS/College. Love could possibly crack that double digit INT, (11,13 etc) but he’ll also flirt with 25TD’s

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see, so in a round about way, what you are trying to say is that you think that the FO has now put the Packers in a position to lose more games, than they would have won by hanging on to Rodgers? Are you thinking long term or only about 2023?

Much like the urge to defend him at every turn.
1. 2023.
2. the chicken or the egg.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious, did you think we could have won another SB with Rodgers?

Although I would call it a push between Rodgers and Love on win total playing for the Packers in 2023, I think the odds are greater that Love wins a SB. The odds are long, but I dont think Rodgers had much of any shot. And when you look over the next 5 years, going with Love gives us a much better shot at a Lombardi.
IMO there is not much difference in 2% (Love) or 3% Rodgers. IMO the odds of making the playoffs are much higher with Rodgers. They were still going to have money whenever Rodgers retired. This SB or bust mentality is not for me. I guess you guys believe now that all of the GMs that passed on Rodgers have been vindicated. I mean he only won 1 SB. What a terrible 1st round pick. No-one cares about individual awards or regular season wins (cue AK Cheese) to only play bad in the 4th quarter of playoff games.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our chances to win a super bowl are small, even in years we've entered seasons with better and more experienced rosters it's small.

I wouldn't have expected to be winning a super bowl this year with or without Rodgers. I do think our odds of having a chance to play for a Super Bowl would be much higher with Rodgers this year than Love though.

Regardless, it's always a delicate balance of playing in the here and now to win and preparing or playing for the future. wrong steps in either direction can send you tumbling in a hurry in this league.

That said, I have zero issue in saying our prospects for winning money games this year just went down. I also have zero issues saying it was the right choice at this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
1. 2023.
2. the chicken or the egg.
While I agree with you that all things equal (injuries, etc.) a Rodgers lead Packer team in 2023 wins more games than a Love lead team. However, if all you care about is wins in 2023 and not looking further ahead, I think you are looking at way too small of a picture.

Imagine had the Packers traded Rodgers last year. I think they would have gotten more in draft capital, spent less on the QB position and maybe even won 2-3 less games than the 8 that a Rodgers lead team won. So 2023 would have included better (higher picks in each round) and more draft capital (combined with whatever they got in 2022 in the trade.). Then throw in the experience that Love would have gotten in 2022, as well as the saved money on Rodgers salary and your "rebuild" is now on its second year.

Instead, we are starting the above process one year later. The Packers had to guess on what Love might be worth and they only got a 2nd round pick in 2023 to use in the trade, with another pick pending.

Now fast forward to 2024, after the Packers decided not to trade Rodgers. What then? Love is probably a free agent or a gamble to pay a lot to, Rodgers is probably retiring or thinking about it and your cap hit is huge. Finally, what is Rodgers trade value in 2024?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I gotcha. Well Farvey did throw worse than 1:1 TD/INT twice (1993/1999) so it’s not impossible. Just really unlikely

While I expect better than a 1:1 TD:int. ratio out of Love, it won't shock me if he ends up having that. Lots of young WR's and TE's on the team, there are going to be some ugly interceptions. I just hope that we see a positive upswing in Game 1 Love VS Game 17 Love.

Back to Rodgers and Favre, there is no comparison between the 2 in that Ratio. It really is amazing how different the 2 were.

In 15 seasons as the starter, Rodgers threw 104 interceptions and 474 TD's Which means 1 interception for every 4.5 TD's.

Favre
in 19 seasons of starting threw 334 int. and 508 TD's.
Which means 1 interception for every 1.5 TD's.

Reaction score
I
IMO there is not much difference in 2% (Love) or 3% Rodgers. IMO the odds of making the playoffs are much higher with Rodgers. They were still going to have money whenever Rodgers retired. This SB or bust mentality is not for me. I guess you guys believe now that all of the GMs that passed on Rodgers have been vindicated. I mean he only won 1 SB. What a terrible 1st round pick. No-one cares about individual awards or regular season wins (cue AK Cheese) to only play bad in the 4th quarter of playoff games.
I don’t See Rodgers in that light. I think there were a couple of playoffs he didn’t play his best and that might’ve sort’ve cost us when we could’ve pushed on to the next opponent. However I saw the ST meltdown specifically cost us a trip to a SB and a trip to another NFC title game and Rodgers had those games Won.

2009 Arizona
Defense sucked
SB
2011 Giants
50/50 Offense and Defense sucked
Defense sucked
Injury
Special Teams/Defense meltdown
Offense sucked
Injury
Offense sucked
ST meltdown

*There’s 2 seasons where Aaron was healthy and our Offense was middling in Postseason, 1 cost us an NFC match and 1 cost us a SB match.*I don’t put 2015 on Aaron that was a weaker group around him.

*There 5 more seasons that I’d split the blame on both O+D. If we’re being fair and split those 5 games we could say Offense was responsible for at minimum 2 losses.

Id put 2 lost visits to the SB on Aaron n Co across 15 seasons as our starter. He should’ve finished with 2 SB Wins and 3 SB appearances had Rodgers capitalized on games that were within reach. That’s dividing up his share of that responsibility and factoring some losses were Divisional or Wildcard etc. There were several other SB or NFC game misses because of Defense or ST underperforming.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with you that all things equal (injuries, etc.) a Rodgers lead Packer team in 2023 wins more games than a Love lead team. However, if all you care about is wins in 2023 and not looking further ahead, I think you are looking at way too small of a picture.

Imagine had the Packers traded Rodgers last year. I think they would have gotten more in draft capital, spent less on the QB position and maybe even won 2-3 less games than the 8 that a Rodgers lead team won. So 2023 would have included better (higher picks in each round) and more draft capital (combined with whatever they got in 2022 in the trade.). Then throw in the experience that Love would have gotten in 2022, as well as the saved money on Rodgers salary and your "rebuild" is now on its second year.

Instead, we are starting the above process one year later. The Packers had to guess on what Love might be worth and they only got a 2nd round pick in 2023 to use in the trade, with another pick pending.

Now fast forward to 2024, after the Packers decided not to trade Rodgers. What then? Love is probably a free agent or a gamble to pay a lot to, Rodgers is probably retiring or thinking about it and your cap hit is huge. Finally, what is Rodgers trade value in 2024?
Imagine if the Packers would have drafted for the present in 2020. At least we are both consistent. You seem to be ok with that draft as it pointed to the future and you are okay with moving on for Rodgers as it points to the future. I hated that draft since I am a win now fan, and I didn't want to move on from Rodgers just yet for the same reason.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

I don’t See Rodgers in that light. I think there were a couple of playoffs he didn’t play his best and that might’ve sort’ve cost us when we could’ve pushed on to the next opponent. However I saw the ST meltdown specifically cost us a trip to a SB and a trip to another NFC title game and Rodgers had those games Won.

2009 Arizona
Defense sucked
SB
2011 Giants
Defense sucked
Injury
Special Teams/Defense meltdown
Offense sucked
Injury
Offense sucked
ST meltdown

*There’s 2 seasons where Aaron was healthy and our Offense was middling in Postseason, 1 cost us an NFC match and 1 cost us a SB match.*I don’t put 2015 on Aaron that was a weaker group around him.

*There 5 more seasons that I’d split the blame on both O+D. If we’re being fair and split those 5 games we could say Offense was responsible for at minimum 2 losses.

Id put 2 lost visits to the SB on Aaron n Co across 15 seasons as our starter. He should’ve finished with 2 SB Wins and 3 SB appearances had Rodgers capitalized on games that were within reach. That’s dividing up his share of that responsibility and factoring some losses were Divisional or Wildcard etc. There were several other SB or NFC game misses because of Defense or ST underperforming.
1. You sound like a Rodgers apologist there. You better hope Poker or Amish don't see this. You might get kicked out of the club.
2. I guess it is my fault, but you really need to read between the lines in most of my posts. IMO we need a sarcasm button.