Is Love being traded?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wanna send rodgers a message? Draft twin 4th round qbs. And trade love for a stud TE or WR#2.........veterans......

Then trade one of the Smith's for another one or a bruiser online upgrade.... one stud at the top of the depth chart, bumping everyone down a click, makes the entire line better. That's a mathematical fact.

Same goes when bahk goes down. The whole line gets worse.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, by stating such Schein is placing Ryan on the same tier as Rodgers...just not a comparison. Not even when Rodgers struggled through the season prior to Love is that fair.

You mean when he was playing injured because the online couldn't protect him and the wsr couldn't get open?... yea I remember that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wanna send rodgers a message? Draft twin 4th round qbs. And trade love for a stud TE or WR#2.........veterans......

Then trade one of the Smith's for another one or a bruiser online upgrade.... one stud at the top of the depth chart, bumping everyone down a click, makes the entire line better. That's a mathematical fact.

Same goes when bahk goes down. The whole line gets worse.

Once again, you come up with completely unrealistic scenarios. The Packers can't afford to trade one of the Smiths because of implications on the cap and wouldn't have a backup quarterback by trading Love if they can convince Rodgers to come back.

In addition there wouldn't be a single team giving up a stud tight end or #2 receiver for him.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, you come up with completely unrealistic scenarios. The Packers can't afford to trade one of the Smiths because of implications on the cap and wouldn't have a backup quarterback by trading Love if they can convince Rodgers to come back.

In addition there wouldn't be a single team giving up a stud tight end or #2 receiver for him.

Translation: we are still too upside down in the 3rd year of their deals. And too cap strapped to maneuver a Smith trade because of the bloated deals we are committed to.

And our future franchise qb is only worth a #4 wr. Entering his second year....

I guess you missed the part where we drafted twin 4th round qbs to sit on the bench behind rodgers....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Translation: we are still too upside down in the 3rd year of their deals. And too cap strapped to maneuver a Smith trade because of the bloated deals we are committed to.

I guess you missed the part where we drafted twin 4th round qbs to sit on the bench behind rodgers....
Translation: even though doing exactly what you propose this team do every year to "get someone for Rodgers" you still can't see the effect that has throughout the entire team. You're damn right they're too upside down to get rid of big deals. it's how you get big name FA's. I bet you weren't thinking it wasn't worth it when they were one of the best sack duo's in the league. 2 years in you have buyers remorse already? Man, maybe you should just be quiet until you realize what you're saying half the time?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Translation: even though doing exactly what you propose this team do every year to "get someone for Rodgers" you still can't see the effect that has throughout the entire team. You're damn right they're too upside down to get rid of big deals. it's how you get big name FA's. I bet you weren't thinking it wasn't worth it when they were one of the best sack duo's in the league. 2 years in you have buyers remorse already? Man, maybe you should just be quiet until you realize what you're saying half the time?

I'm saying get a dominant oline and dline every year. The stud recieving corp should already be there.

Where are they?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saying get a dominant oline and dline every year. The stud recieving corp should already be there.

Where are they?
sign this guy, sign that guy, get this guy, beef 'em up, sign that one.

they can't sign anybody because they gave bloated contracts to some high priority FA's, waaaaaaaah

Everyone would like to have stud oline, Dline and receivers. it's how you think you'd get them that doesn't compute. Do you realize why we can't go sign a bunch of people this year?

Reaction score
Much of what you say is true. And none of it is going to happen unless Rodgers falls off a cliff because Love won't be getting any reps while Rodgers is playing like one of the best QBs in the league.
True.
You’ve got to factor in injury or illness. We have little to zero control over that. Rodgers has actually missed quite a few games already in his career, he’s not the Brett Favre of reliability and luck and he’s not getting any younger. It’s easier to get injured as you approach 40’s and it takes longer to rebound. There’s other factors like retirement etc...
we need to be prepared for the unexpected.

Last edited:
Reaction score

We only had 1 selection in round 4 (comp)
We traded a 4th away.
I realize that was also likely being sarcastic. If not, it was funny either way.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers offered jimmy garopalo other starters and the 3rd rd pick fir Rodgers

Packers said no

If we had traded FOR Garopalo that would've given me a stroke. When he was starting in place of Brady I saw greatness, since then I've not seen enough to warrant wanting him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Zadarius has definitely performed up to his contract while Preston regressed a bit last season. I'm fine with him being back on a restructured deal as well though.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True.
You’ve got to factor in injury or illness. We have little to zero control over that. Rodgers has actually missed quite a few games already in his career, he’s not the Brett Favre of reliability and luck and he’s not getting any younger. It’s easier to get injured as you approach 40’s and it takes longer to rebound. There’s other factors like retirement etc...
we need to be prepared for the unexpected.

Not really. If rodgers goes the team isn't winning much so the backup didn't really matter that much (especially when the backup is a raw rookie). You need his successor but he was picked about 3 years too soon.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Where are they?

With other teams, being paid more money than the Packers can afford. I don't want to pile on to what others have said, but you are stating the dream for every fan "Field a team of studs every year, we can't lose!" The hard part....making that reality.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sincerely hope he is. Better for all involved.

He's a good talent and doesn't deserve to get stuck in this mess. He should get his chance to shine some other place.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a good talent and doesn't deserve to get stuck in this mess. He should get his chance to shine some other place.
Maybe it would have turned out better if everyone had characterized the pick as wanting a strong backup to Rodgers, as opposed to his successor. No one would probably believe it, but worth a try.

D

Deleted member 6794

Apparently not if Rodgers forces his way out of Green Bay, they might have picked him a few years too late. ;)

Love is most likely the reason Rodgers wants to force his way out of Green Bay though. Therefore it would have been better to not select him at all.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Where are they?

Honestly dude with the addition of Amari Rodgers the Packers have a pretty diverse and well rounded group of weapons for Aaron Rodgers.

Adams unquestioned top 5 player
Jones unquestioned top 10 player

Rodgers prototype slot/motion guy son of former NFL QB who coached Randall Cobb at Kentucky and is currently the Ravens wrs coach. Aaron is gonna love this dude so much so I think he could be a solid number 2 haha all jokes aside he's gonna get touches

MVS unquestioned top 15 deep threat although so far inconsistent. If he improves again he's a real legit 3

Lazard nice number 4 wr that can make plays when needed while always doing all the little stuff. Great blocker

Tonyan unquestioned top 10 turned 52 of 59 targets into 586 yards 11.6 per and 11 tds. A clear favorite of Rodgers

Dillon easily one of the best and most unique backup rbs in the league. Offers the opposite of Jones as a runner while still having the speed, hands and awareness to be dangerous in the passing game

Lewis mainly an asset in the run game but Rodgers makes sure to get him a couple tds a year

I think everyone agrees on the online dline but that's obviously easier said than done. I think Myers the Ohio State center is gonna be really good. And idk call me crazy but I think Tedarrel Slaton Jr was a pretty good addition to the dline. He just seems like a big high energy guy that makes plays

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any talk of trading Love is way premature. We spent a 1st round pick on the guy. I am certainly anxious to see what we have but not in a hurry. Hopefully Rodgers will be back w/o a new contract and we can play it out as planned. Which I believe is to keep playing Rodgers for the next few years and be in a position to have a very good ball club.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are legit question marks about Tonyan being a top 10 tight end in the league.

I mean with Rodgers...put him with another qb and I do too.

But with Rodgers I'd expect him to have a similar season and I can't imagine there were 10 that were better than him in 2020. That's gotta be one of the most efficient lines for a te dare I say ever. Caught 88% of targets. A Td ever 6 targets and it's not like he only had 12 all year or something

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts