Is Love being traded?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this so starting a new thread. Just saw something at sportspyder.com from a site called NFL memes. It supposedly shows photos of a leaked paper from a member of the Packers front office. It shows a proposed trade of Love, the Packers first and fourth rounder to the Patriots for their number 15 overall.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers trading love there first and fourth to move to 15? I looked saw nothing also never heard of that site and zero percent chance there is any truth to what you read...

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously doubt any validity to this plus it would be a bad trade. Basically giving up Love (which cost a 1 and a 4) another 4 to move up 14 spots. Points wise that would make Love a late second or early 3rd rounder. No Thanks. Now don't get me wrong, if after the first 5 go if someone offers the 15th pick or better for Love straight up I am in. Then again that is probably as unlikely as the supposed offer.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously doubt any validity to this plus it would be a bad trade. Basically giving up Love (which cost a 1 and a 4) another 4 to move up 14 spots. Points wise that would make Love a late second or early 3rd rounder. No Thanks. Now don't get me wrong, if after the first 5 go if someone offers the 15th pick or better for Love straight up I am in. Then again that is probably as unlikely as the supposed offer.
Agreed if it was love and a 4th I’d do it

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt it's for real either. Snoops, saw it on the packer page at SportSpyder.com, in the tweet section. it's a tweet with photos of the paper, but again, I bet it's a hoax.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And there you have it. With the draft coming up there's probably going to be all kind of stuff like this

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found this leaked paper on a site called ElGuapoRules.com which got it from the brother of the limo driver who once sat next to Lee Remmel at Kopps. It supposedly shows photos of a leaked paper from a member of the Packers front office. It shows a proposed trade of Love. I’ll let you know more as the story unfolds!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found this leaked paper on a site called ElGuapoRules.com which got it from the brother of the limo driver who once sat next to Lee Remmel at Kopps. It supposedly shows photos of a leaked paper from a member of the Packers front office. It shows a proposed trade of Love. I’ll let you know more as the story unfolds!!

For your next one, you should should unfold a piece of paper revealing a clue at a time.

but on a serious note. if all of a sudden somebody magically wants Love after not wanting him last year and not being able to see him do anything in the NFL and moves us up to top 15 and gives us a draft pick? Sweet.

If the Packers suddenly think he sucks and they made a huge mistake, trade him for less.

odds of either happening? probably as high as the probability I win Amish's draft contest this year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That just might be legit. I heard that Gute was seen at walmart buying a spiral notebook. I bet that's the one.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first saw this thread, I laughed.

Since then, I've seen this:

Packers: Should Jordan Love be a trade candidate during the draft? (lombardiave.com)

So someone is giving it a bit of credence.

I still doubt this is going to happen, but if it did, I wouldn't object....Unless the Pack used the #15 pick to take a quarterback.

Is he really giving it any credence or did he just read about it write an opinion piece on whether its a good idea or not. Its not really anything more than the thread I created about the theoretical trade between the Packers and Raiders. Did that thread lend any more credence to that.

Reaction score
Wouldn’t that be something if we traded him and then used the acquired picks to draft another backup QB?

That would absolutely blow some minds and screw every possible Mock draft projection sideways!

“Packers trade Love and a 4th for QB successor upgrade, while Rodgers guzzles Scotch straight from the bottle:. Bakhtiari style”

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very doubtful. The only reason we would do this is for another QB.

Heard Pauline on local radio say that if the Packers don't trade the pick it would be dumb and means they wasted the pick on Love if they don't use him for two years.

Apparently he considers Aaron Rodgers a wasted pick as he sat on the bench for 3 years.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this so starting a new thread. Just saw something at sportspyder.com from a site called NFL memes. It supposedly shows photos of a leaked paper from a member of the Packers front office. It shows a proposed trade of Love, the Packers first and fourth rounder to the Patriots for their number 15 overall.

Without reading more than the headline here I can point to one key reason we know the Packers are absolutely not going to trade jordan love this season...

That reason, they didn't restructure aaron rodgers contract...if they were planning on trading love they wouldn't have played the off season the way they have.

Clearly the FO had one goal this off season and that was create a chance to compete for a super bowl with essentially the same team as last season while maintaining the financial flexibility to move on from Aaron Rodgers at a time of their choosing

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also let Boyle leave, nothing about this offseason says they're looking to move Love, or even could.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://heavy.com/sports/green-bay-packers/trade-aaron-rodgers-broncos-draft-day/

A top ten pick, a first next year probably some middle rounders and a starter for Rodgers. I'll go on record and say I'd take this (fictional) deal to send Rodgers to Denver. Then I'd coax Alex Smith out of retirement.

With the picks we could bolster wr early and OT later in the first. Then the same next year, giving a very solid foundation for this offense.

Of course this won't happen. But hey, it's April.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Clearly the FO had one goal this off season and that was create a chance to compete for a super bowl with essentially the same team as last season while maintaining the financial flexibility to move on from Aaron Rodgers at a time of their choosing

Good post, but I wouldn't say that what they are doing serves only "one goal". Rather like what you say about financial flexibility, it gives them long term player flexibility as well. If Rodgers gets hurt, play drops off, suddenly retires, etc. and Love IS who they thought he was, this gives the Packers the most options at THE most important position in football and the financial freedom to make it happen.

Honestly, besides the media and fans stirring this pot, I really don't know what has changed in almost a year. Rodgers proved that he is still an elite QB, Love hasn't played a snap, which means he is at least 1-3 years from being ready and the Packers all have sung Rodgers praises. For people to try and say that the Packers not "re-committing" to Rodgers via a new contract, just seems like looking to find something to re-stir the drama pot and right up there with people talking about he didn't like MLF last year.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% - the Packers have held a steady course. As usual, most of this is just the media stirring things up for ratings.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until this thread was started I did not even consider them trading Love. The proposed deal is absolutely awful for the Packers. Add in the fact that Gute is basically admitting he made a mistake last year and you can't see it happening. Yet one who did not like the pick last year, still does not like the pick today and will not like the pick tomorrow can't help but let his mind wander. Here is the 1st (of possibly many) trade scenarios I would be okay with. When Washington gets on the clock at #19 all 5 of the qbs are gone. The Packers ask for the 19th and 51st to GB for pick 29, Jordan Love and Jace Sternberger.

I am pretty sure they just signed a TE who graduated in 2020, did not get drafted, was at Tulanes pro day this year after not playing for a year and they liked him. So maybe Jace is just enough to get them to bite along with their need for a younger QB.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until this thread was started I did not even consider them trading Love. The proposed deal is absolutely awful for the Packers. Add in the fact that Gute is basically admitting he made a mistake last year and you can't see it happening. Yet one who did not like the pick last year, still does not like the pick today and will not like the pick tomorrow can't help but let his mind wander. Here is the 1st (of possibly many) trade scenarios I would be okay with. When Washington gets on the clock at #19 all 5 of the qbs are gone. The Packers ask for the 19th and 51st to GB for pick 29, Jordan Love and Jace Sternberger.

I am pretty sure they just signed a TE who graduated in 2020, did not get drafted, was at Tulanes pro day this year after not playing for a year and they liked him. So maybe Jace is just enough to get them to bite along with their need for a younger QB.

That’s an awful deal for GB.

Swap firsts, give them a recent 1st, and get a mid-late 2nd in return?

gross.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This reminds me a bit of the chatter about Rashan Gary being traded last year around this time. After all, he was a "terrible pick", that didn't play a lot his rookie year, so better get something out of him? Why would the Packers invest what they did in Love, see no live game snaps from him and then just dump him for very little? The only reason I can think of is that they really saw something that they didn't like during practices. However, if that was the case, would they have let Tim Boyle walk and probably more importantly, how would they even begin to keep the news of Love being a bum quiet? I mean quiet from those who already haven't declared him a bum.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Gary that response wasn't so full of glee. I stand by the trade. The player at 19 is going to be very good. Then you have 51, 62 & 92 to fill your holes with possible end of year starters and at least quality depth. By the points system this makes Love pick #31. I would love (see what I did there) to get that much value for him while at the same time sending AR the message that we are committed to him.

Members online

Latest posts