• Keep

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I don't believe the relationship between AR and management is as toxic as some suggest. If Rodgers wants to keep playing but isn't wild about going to NY what would Murphy and company do then? I suspect management would then try to find other suitors.
I don’t believe it’s a good relationship though either. I’m beginning to see more and more that Aaron can be very selfish.
I'm sorry but Rodgers is exhibited yet again why he is exhausting. You met with the Jets awhile ago, Packers are sadly ready to move on.
It’s true. Rodgers said he would not hold up the Packers with his decision. Come Monday this is holding up not only the Packers, but also the Jets. I don’t want to hear any excuses. When someone gives their word excuses don’t apply unless he’s being held at gunpoint level excuses.

I have Aaron as breaking his word at close of business Monday. He’s got less than 24 hours and counting.
I’m about off the The “Defending Rodgers” train. Next stop I jump off his train and she’s already blowing the whistle and coming into town. We shall see

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can understand thinking the team would be better off to move on to Love (or whoever), but I don't understand why there's so much anger. I completely disagree that Rodgers is "holding the team hostage".
He gave his word and it expires Tomorrow at latest imo. At that point it starts directly affecting teams’ plans. He’s shown mixed signals in relationships and he’s not a very good communicator. Real smart guy .. but low echelon communicator imo.

That said. Rodgers is in his twilight years so I don’t think a team planning for his departure is all that surprising.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I am enjoying just how much AR's lack of a decision is getting so many posters ******* in a bunch just imagine how much AR is enjoying his lack of a decision getting Gute and Murphy's ******* in a bunch.

Reaction score
He reportedly told Brandon Marshall at a charity event this afternoon ti “stay tuned”. “It won’t be long, There’s a time limit to all of this”
I’m paraphrasing but something like that.

To me he’s got before the end of FA tampering period at the very latest. It dramatically affects Rosters after that point. Close of business Wednesday?

We’re down to like 72 hours and preferably less.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did win two MVPs since he broke his collarbone though. That's a pretty high standard for not having "it". Unless "it" is putting a team on your shoulders and carrying it to the Super Bowl.
Great regular season stats! Kudos!! (He says he can win another MVP), 10 of 23 for 83 one interception ZERO touchdowns 54 QBR in the fourth quarter of our last three home “playoff” losses… to me… that ain’t “it” … but some people think that’s ok… to each their own

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He gave his word and it expires Tomorrow at latest imo. At that point it starts directly affecting teams’ plans.
How do we know that Rodgers isn't keeping mum right now because the Packers asked him to? Maybe they are still finalizing some things with the Jets and don't want Rodgers saying anything to affect the deal?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did win two MVPs since he broke his collarbone though. That's a pretty high standard for not having "it". Unless "it" is putting a team on your shoulders and carrying it to the Super Bowl.
MVPs are based on statistics. I'm more interested in wins, particularly playoff wins. Trent Dilfer never won an MVP and he has just as many Super Bowl rings as Rodgers. "It" is performing when it matters. Rodgers hasn't done that in a very long time.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans here and on other Packers message boards have had enough of Rodgers not being able to put the team on his shoulder and winning another SB. They are more than ready to move on. If this is indeed the end of the line for AR in GB let's hope Love is ready to take over the reins and plays well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Disappeared when the game was on the line - or did you forget we lost the game, at home, despite picking Brady off (checks notes ) three times.

FWIW the Bucs punting on those three plays would have most likely resulted in very similar field position for the Packers offense.

Did Adams still leave after Rodgers signed that extension? I can't recall...

Yes, Rodgers agreed to his extension on March 8 last year. Adams was traded nine days later.

GB will need to flush a number of contracts to get under the cap, will be playing more rookies and with a trade what do you get for AR? not a lot frankly.

The Packers are currently $24 million under the cap.

But to expand on that, what if Rodgers holding things up is affecting cap financials that would come about with the trade and ends up costing us a player we want?

Actually Rodgers retiring, being traded or staying with the Packers won't have a significant impact on this year's cap situation.

MVPs are based on statistics. I'm more interested in wins, particularly playoff wins. Trent Dilfer never won an MVP and he has just as many Super Bowl rings as Rodgers. "It" is performing when it matters. Rodgers hasn't done that in a very long time.

Dilfer didn't perform when it mattered as he completed less than 50% of only 73 passes in the four playoff games during the 2000 playoffs in which the Ravens won the Super Bowl. It helped a ton that their defense gave up only 23 points though. And I'm not talking about one game but in all four games combined!!!

It's absolutely ridiculous to even compare him to Rodgers.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Gute and Packers know what's happening
Now that is your opinion (which I share) but I keep reading others share their opinion's that AR is a narcissit, a fool, an egomaniac, a diva, for preventing Gute from doing his job by not publicly making a decision.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great regular season stats! Kudos!! (He says he can win another MVP), 10 of 23 for 83 one interception ZERO touchdowns 54 QBR in the fourth quarter of our last three home “playoff” losses… to me… that ain’t “it” … but some people think that’s ok… to each their own
thats what the older generation wants(over 70)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I’m the biggest Rodgers fan you’ll find. But there’s no excuse for this. He flat out hasn’t been getting it done late in big games.
This on the other hand is……lol.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that is your opinion (which I share) but I keep reading others share their opinion's that AR is a narcissit, a fool, an egomaniac, a diva, for preventing Gute from doing his job by not publicly making a decision.
To be fair I have been critical lately only because in January he said he wouldn’t hold team hostage if they wanted to move on, and here we are yet again playing his game. He is an incredible QB and from everything I see in interviews far from an idiot. He already know exactly what he’s gonna do-I suspect it’s all a charade that no one knows or he really is a narcissist.

I see no other options except those two at this point.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gute and the Packers know what's going on.

If they are only waiting on Rodgers to say what he wants Rodgers is all of those.

As pointed out he said u won't hold them back. I was under impression 2 weeks after the SB

Watch..this will mimic Brett's retirement more so than it already is

Tarzan2490

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We call those keyboard warriors!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch..this will mimic Brett's retirement more so than it already is
It's looking more likely all the time. I''m guessing he's faced with going to a team he doesn't really want to go to. Doesn't want to switch cities, teams, etc at this point especially knowing it might be for nothing more than an adjustment period, not a real win now shot.

or needing to retire because GB has told him, they want to move on, and he doesn't want to get in the way as he said. But he still wants to play. and he knows he needs to **** or get off the pot to stay true to his word. and contrary to what many on here seem to think, I believe he's well aware of what this mean for Love and is part of his dilemma. KNowing he needs a shot, but doesn't quite want to give it to him yet, but knows it might be now or never for this team.

once August hits, if he wants to play now, it's only going to get stronger when camps and preseason games start and he feels the loss of not being on a team if he retires. The drive to get back on the field will only be more rather than less.

It's not an abrupt end for many, outside of those that are forced out.

Reaction score
How do we know that Rodgers isn't keeping mum right now because the Packers asked him to? Maybe they are still finalizing some things with the Jets and don't want Rodgers saying anything to affect the deal?
I appreciate you being noble and trying to defend him. Anything is possible. I just think things shouldn’t have gotten this close to FA. However it is a big move and we’re talking about cross country, so there’s that. I’ll tell ya what.. IF
Gutey lands a #13 or more, I’ll just keep my mouth shut! :tup: Until then it’s free reign to accuse insult and disparage !!:)

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the kicker for me. another 60M next year is tough to take for another chance this year. I mean there are worse things that can happen other than having to play a QB of his caliber for a season, but that is a tough pill to swallow if he does. I'm almost assured they have to do something with that if he does come back. Though that is looking a lot less likely these days.
Agreed, $60 million is a really tough pill, IMO, no NFL player is worth that. $60 million? Gute, WTH were you thinking?! IDK what they can do, I mean $50 million may still be too much. I honestly hate this situation and hope it's gone ASAP, sorry but it's not helping fan relations, this can't be drawing the locker room closer, and the FO has to be hoping they can "unload" this contract on someone else.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But Schefter and Rapoport are saying nothing is done.

Last edited:

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is Love NOT the answer if you believe a 4x MVP, FHOF'er only gets the Packers 1-2 more wins??
Did not say "NOT" but "not likely" which was a non-expert , personal opinion, and based on reading comments from those supposedly who are "experts". Is he, don't know! Time would tell, problem for GB is if he is not then they might have a "Justin Fields clone" on their hands with no back-up that would be considered "capable"at this stage of their career (Etling). Is Love the answer? Do not know, too little info, game experience after 4 years. If he is Great, if not, what do you do if you are GB? Most of the guys you would consider are going to be gone in FA or trades this year; most of the others are journeymen or young guys who have failed to become #1 on their respective teams. This is for GB IMO, a "hit or miss" season with Love, in his 5th year and very limited playing time; if they do not make the playoffs is he the guy, even if they do is he the guy. There is no one else unless someone believes Etling is going to be a star. GB does not have the Cap space to get a QB, they typically do not have the draft position or capital to move into top level QB draft position. Overall, Love is the guy, personally did not/have not seen anything that says he can lead them to playoff success. Will see in 2023-24......
PS: Interesting how upset people seem to get when you have a different opinion....

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO it is okay to have a different opinion. Just don't have a different opinion than mine and don't share that opinion with anyone.