• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't understand, if the Packers and the Jets know Rodgers isn't holding anyone hostage. The media and fans don't need to be made aware of everything going on behind closed doors.

LOL I do understand you just don't like or don't align with my view of his waffling is ridiculous...almost as much as never quoting the whole person's comments.

Last edited:

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't understand, if the Packers and the Jets know Rodgers isn't holding anyone hostage. The media and fans don't need to be made aware of everything going on behind closed doors.
Why only post part of it? There's 2 additional paragraphs in the post, do you only disagree with part of it? Only displaying part of the argument (out of context, because you aren't displaying the WHOLE thing) makes it look like like you only partially disagree. If that's the case, then say so. You lose legitimacy in my eyes when you post only some of what ppl say.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an awfully big "if" though, isn't it?
What makes you confident that the Jets, Packers, and Rodgers are all already on the same page and it simply hasn't been made public yet?

I'd agree in general if I were certain that everything had already been worked out between all three parties, but at the moment I'm not sure there's really any way to say with any certainty that that's the case.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's always the person with the money in his pocket that is in no big hurry. Everyone else is.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to have a sneaking suspicion that maybe this isn't Rogers fault at this point. Maybe it's the fault of the Packers and Jets because they can't agree on the parameters of a trade.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an awfully big "if" though, isn't it?
What makes you confident that the Jets, Packers, and Rodgers are all already on the same page and it simply hasn't been made public yet?

I'd agree in general if I were certain that everything had already been worked out between all three parties, but at the moment I'm not sure there's really any way to say with any certainty that that's the case.
I'm fairly confident for a couple reasons.
#1, I don't believe the Packers ever gave the Jets permission to talk to Rodgers without first hammering out the general framework of compensation for a trade.
Once that was started early in Feb when the Jets formally asked permission to talk trade with GB and finished probably near the time they then gave the Jets permission to talk trade with Rodgers.

Since, neither side has said much. Lots of hand wringing by fans about negotiating and compensation etc. maybe true, but then if it were and it were getting to this deadline I think you'd see some public pressure from one side or the other, Ie, the Jets leak they're looking at Stafford who became available etc. But that hasn't happened. Only thing i've seen is GB talk in the past tense about Rodgers that means to me, he's either traded, or they know he's retiring.

I could be wrong.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Dear Lord Aaron....you want Lazard/Cobb and OBJ...when the team already has Elijah Moore and Cedric Wilson and Corey Davis (top 3) as of today?

The Jets would be morons if they did that. MORONS.
You mean Garrett Wilson I assume.

Elijah Moore has been meh.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just come out and say you’re being traded or at the very least you’re not coming back. Helen Keller can see it by now. Biggest diva in sports.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just come out and say you’re being traded or at the very least you’re not coming back. Helen Keller can see it by now. Biggest diva in sports.

If everyone knows it, then why does he need to say it? The divas are the general public that believe an individual MUST tell them every detail about their life at all times.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Lord Aaron....you want Lazard/Cobb and OBJ...when the team already has Elijah Moore and Cedric Wilson and Corey Davis (top 3) as of today?

We all wish we had a friend like Aaron...literally doing everything he can to get his friends a few million more dollars before their careers are over.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If everyone knows it, then why does he need to say it? The divas are the general public that believe an individual MUST tell them every detail about their life at all times.
Because he said he was going to sooner than later. There is no must anything here. I personally don’t give a ****, but what else am I going to go by when he himself said he would sooner than later? It’s later at this point. Mean what you say.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident for a couple reasons.
#1, I don't believe the Packers ever gave the Jets permission to talk to Rodgers without first hammering out the general framework of compensation for a trade.
Once that was started early in Feb when the Jets formally asked permission to talk trade with GB and finished probably near the time they then gave the Jets permission to talk trade with Rodgers.

Since, neither side has said much. Lots of hand wringing by fans about negotiating and compensation etc. maybe true, but then if it were and it were getting to this deadline I think you'd see some public pressure from one side or the other, Ie, the Jets leak they're looking at Stafford who became available etc. But that hasn't happened. Only thing i've seen is GB talk in the past tense about Rodgers that means to me, he's either traded, or they know he's retiring.

I could be wrong.
That can all be true but the big X-factor is still whether he plays or not in the first place. If Rodgers, NY, and GB already know with absolute certainty that Rodgers IS going to be playing next year and they've already agreed on the terms for a trade then that's perfectly fine and it doesn't matter if it's been made public yet or not. I'd agree with that.

But that's very different from New York and GB agreeing to terms for a trade...IF Rodgers does decide to play. And that's what I am not too certain of. In that sense...I doubt that all three parties are still totally on the same page yet. Maybe Rodgers and GB have agreed that they'll trade him IF he wants to keep playing. Maybe GB and NY have agreed to a trade IF he keeps playing. And maybe even Rodgers and the Jets have agreed to the bones of a deal...again, IF he keeps playing. But at the moment I'm not convinced that all three parties are all on the same page in all matters.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
So IMO a "first read" at this would suggest that Rodgers going to NY is more or less a done deal. You wouldn't see such a "list" if it wasn't a sure thing, i.e. the Jets would never agree to any sort of arrangement like Rodgers telling them "Bring in Cobb, Lazard, Big Dog, and OBJ and I'll join you guys" (well, maybe they would, but I don't think they're THAT dumb) so you'd think he's already on board and more or less making his first "requests".

But to play devil's advocate: What if the Jets are perhaps looking for an "out"? What if they're perhaps thinking they actually don't want to go through with the deal and need a way to save face? After all the talk about signing Rodgers - from NY media, Jets execs, Jets players, etc - it would be awfully embarrassing if it looked like they couldn't get the deal done. But on the other hand...if they're able to make Rodgers look like the "bad guy" and that the Jets were making the smart move by pulling out of the deal, that's different...

Because for me these alleged requests look a bit ridiculous to be honest. I don't know that any of those players are much better (for the money, opportunity cost, etc) than what the Jets currently have and I don't think force-feeding Lazard instead of Wilson or Moore or Mims or whoever is going to put them any closer to a super bowl. What if the Jets are leaking out these "requests" to make Rodgers look like more trouble than he's worth, to get fans to think that maybe they're dodging a big headache by not signing him?

That's all completely baseless speculation at the moment but wouldn't be the most implausible thing ever, either. It wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers never made these requests in the first place, tbh.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not certain what he's doing either, but whatever is going on I think GB knows where they're going and so do the Jets, with or without Rodgers and are pretty much all in if it's him and willing to take that risk if it's not because they've determined the others available aren't worth it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Another thought.

Jets were thinking about not re-signing Corey Davis. His cap hit is 11.2 million. Would you rather hold on to him, or find better value elsewhere? I’m not sure Lazard is much lesser a pass catcher. And I don’t know enough about Davis in the run game to speak on what he would bring as opposed to Lazard.

Now you’re looking at Wilson, Moore, Lazard, OBJ, Cobb. That’s a pretty solid group.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So IMO a "first read" at this would suggest that Rodgers going to NY is more or less a done deal. You wouldn't see such a "list" if it wasn't a sure thing, i.e. the Jets would never agree to any sort of arrangement like Rodgers telling them "Bring in Cobb, Lazard, Big Dog, and OBJ and I'll join you guys" (well, maybe they would, but I don't think they're THAT dumb) so you'd think he's already on board and more or less making his first "requests".

But to play devil's advocate: What if the Jets are perhaps looking for an "out"? What if they're perhaps thinking they actually don't want to go through with the deal and need a way to save face? After all the talk about signing Rodgers - from NY media, Jets execs, Jets players, etc - it would be awfully embarrassing if it looked like they couldn't get the deal done. But on the other hand...if they're able to make Rodgers look like the "bad guy" and that the Jets were making the smart move by pulling out of the deal, that's different...

Because for me these alleged requests look a bit ridiculous to be honest. I don't know that any of those players are much better (for the money, opportunity cost, etc) than what the Jets currently have and I don't think force-feeding Lazard instead of Wilson or Moore or Mims or whoever is going to put them any closer to a super bowl. What if the Jets are leaking out these "requests" to make Rodgers look like more trouble than he's worth, to get fans to think that maybe they're dodging a big headache by not signing him?

That's all completely baseless speculation at the moment but wouldn't be the most implausible thing ever, either. It wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers never made these requests in the first place, tbh.
it's as likely the Jets, hey, you're old, you have friends, we're all new and young. Who would make this transition easier for you and help get this ball rolling? We all like to work with our friends and current friends help make new friends easier. Especially when all your new friends are going to be learning the offense of your old friend. Give us a list who you think can help.

I can't see a soon to be 40 year old QB saying at this stage of the game, get me this list and maybe I'll come play for you and the Packers and the Jets saying , "OK". but i'm sure that's how it will be spun by a few.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants just got Waller for a 3. Or do 4 at the least. For a 3? No thanks. Too injury prone and 30s now