• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just realized the Jets are in the same division as the Bills, Belichick's Patriots, and the Dolphins aren't bad either. If Rodgers goes to the Jets, that looks like a division to keep your eye on.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I remember, Favre announced his retirement, because the organization wanted an answer on what his plans were and he really didn't know what they were. Favre never waivered on playing for the Packers, it was just a question of getting out of the game or playing another year. Rodgers on the other hand, has waffled for 3 straight off seasons. Not knowing if he will retire, sit out, play for the Packers or demand a trade, casting shade on the coaches and organization along the way. I think people had mixed feelings about Favre's wildness on the field and that helped distance them from him quicker. Rodgers, kind of the opposite, we all love what he does on the field, it is his off the field stuff that many question.

Favre wanting to come back and play was awkward yes, but toxic? I don't think so. On the other hand, when you have the highest paid player in the NFL threating to not honor his contract, throwing shade on his employer and keeping the organization in the dark, I would call that toxic.
I thought the running joke the last couple of years Farve debated with himself about retiring or not. I suppose a lot of players consider their futures as they get older.

The toxicity I was referring to is the perceived notion Packers' management is sick of Rodgers' indecision. I don't believe there is but they are ready to move on to Love and will try to accommodate Rodgers should he want to keep playing.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I remember, Favre announced his retirement, because the organization wanted an answer on what his plans were and he really didn't know what they were. Favre never waivered on playing for the Packers, it was just a question of getting out of the game or playing another year. Rodgers on the other hand, has waffled for 3 straight off seasons. Not knowing if he will retire, sit out, play for the Packers or demand a trade, casting shade on the coaches and organization along the way. I think people had mixed feelings about Favre's wildness on the field and that helped distance them from him quicker. Rodgers, kind of the opposite, we all love what he does on the field, it is his off the field stuff that many question.

Favre wanting to come back and play was awkward yes, but toxic? I don't think so. On the other hand, when you have the highest paid player in the NFL threating to not honor his contract, throwing shade on his employer and keeping the organization in the dark, I would call that toxic.
This was made by me way back when

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Twitter is saying the deal is in place, Rodgers to the Jets or he retires. I can't see him being done so I assume he gets traded soon.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Wel if twitter says so it must be true. Not IMO.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but Rodgers is exhibited yet again why he is exhausting. You met with the Jets awhile ago, Packers are sadly ready to move on. IF you don't know still whether you want to play or not - I'm sorry you're just a fool or a narcissist.

He's probably retreated to a dark room with mushrooms, ayahuasca, an incense infuser and enough alkaline water to last him four days. Give the man time to get high, hydrate and make decisions why don't you?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just realized the Jets are in the same division as the Bills, Belichick's Patriots, and the Dolphins aren't bad either. If Rodgers goes to the Jets, that looks like a division to keep your eye on.
Don't forget the Bills
I'm sorry but Rodgers is exhibited yet again why he is exhausting. You met with the Jets awhile ago, Packers are sadly ready to move on. IF you don't know still whether you want to play or not - I'm sorry you're just a fool or a narcissist.
Or he is truly conflicted? I suspect he wants to continue playing but isn't crazy about leaving the Packers however realizes management is ready to move on with Love. This is a big decision for him. Kudos Murphy and company for not rushing him. IMO because they are not pressuring AR tells me they still have a amicable relationship with their future first ballot HOFer.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
What do Aaron Rodgers and the DMV have in common? They both get their kicks on making you wait for their calls.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget the Bills

Or he is truly conflicted? I suspect he wants to continue playing but isn't crazy about leaving the Packers however realizes management is ready to move on with Love. This is a big decision for him. Kudos Murphy and company for not rushing him. IMO because they are not pressuring AR tells me they still have an amicable relationship with their future first ballot HOFer.
Bills were the first team he mentioned

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, 2 months since the last game. Free agent tampering starts at noon tomorrow, free agency and the new League year Wednesday. But no worries, Aaron said he's not going to hold the team hostage. The beautiful mystery tour continues.
Biggest ****ing diva I’ve ever seen in sports. Can’t wait til he’s gone.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know folks like hearing direct thoughts from lips of players, Aaron Jones on GMFB

Talks Rodgers to Jets, Jordan Love and such.
He says Love can be that guy...saw huge jump and when it's his time he will be ready. But no one wants to listen to that..

only that jones still praises rodgers..

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the news hold up on Rodgers or the legalities of the League?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why we are STILL waiting on an answer from AR?!?!!! He's obviously told the Packers that he wants to play in '23, otherwise they wouldn't have needed to give the Jets permission to talk to him.

Now AR needs 5 + days to decide if he wants to play for the Jets or retire?? Must give the Jets all of the confidence in the world to know that he really isn't excited to play for them or hopefully lead them to the Super Bowl.

Is he stalling to pressure Gute into trading with another team?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There could be all sorts of reasons that aren't Aaron Rodgers. Just like every other year. There are the reasons they speculate in the media. I mean just in the past 2 days from the same guy we heard that everything was in place. Rodgers liked what he heard, The jets and packers have everything place all he has to do is decide and today it's the Jets and packers have not agreed to anything and do not have compensation in place.

Quit being held captive by things you don't control. Just like last year and the Adams situation, multiple stories ranging from Adams wants to get away from Rodgers, players are tired of him, Rodgers won't play without Adams, he needs his guys, etc and in the end what were all those stories? a big fat nothing. we found out what reality was, when reality happened.

This could be all Rodgers holding it up, or it might not be. What do we really know? regardless, wouldn't surprise me at all to find out a thinking man like Rodgers is struggling with a decision of this magnitude and nothing more. and I'm ok with it. I'm back to Packers or retire are the most likely outcomes.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So, 2 months since the last game. Free agent tampering starts at noon tomorrow, free agency and the new League year Wednesday. But no worries, Aaron said he's not going to hold the team hostage. The beautiful mystery tour continues.
I would be willing to bet that illegal free agent tampering has been going on for months. Not to mention everything else that goes into the offseason for Gute and Co.

The Rogers Drama....Well the "good" news, this is the 3rd straight years of Rodgers waffling on his and the Packers future. The 1st time in 2021, he finally made his decision on July 26th, so the Packers have gotten used to planning around all his options. This year, the Jets have been nice enough to join the Packers and wait with them. Aaron must be smiling at the fact that he has more than doubled-up on his audience.

The final good news, some posters have given us their assurance that it is no big deal to wait for Rodgers, since nothing happens until the official first league day. No team has had to do anything, you know like planning, budgeting, scouting, figuring out who the hell their QB is. :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, the Packers traded up to get the replacement for Rodgers. They've been planning for this situation for 3 years. I get that fans are worried because they don't know anything, but i'm pretty confident in saying, the Packers had plans about their plans and various scenarios for quite a while.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now AR needs 5 + days to decide if he wants to play for the Jets or retire?? Must give the Jets all of the confidence in the world to know that he really isn't excited to play for them or hopefully lead them to the Super Bowl.
I've thought the same thing many times and it isn't just the 5 days, its the way Rodgers goes about his business with everything. If I was a Jets fan I would be hoping it doesn't happen. Of course, they haven't had to put up with him for the last 3 or 4 years either.

Is he stalling to pressure Gute into trading with another team?
It sounds like at this point, there is no other team that wants him.

So it might be Jets or retire. I will say it again, I predict he retires and then sometime this summer, pulls a Favre and unretires. Sticking it to the Packers one final time.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There is also this bit of news. I can understand it, because why should the two teams hammer out ever detail, when they don't know what Rodgers wants to do, as well as what he might demand in facilitating a trade for the two teams.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, the Packers traded up to get the replacement for Rodgers. They've been planning for this situation for 3 years. I get that fans are worried because they don't know anything, but i'm pretty confident in saying, the Packers had plans about their plans and various scenarios for quite a while.
If AR "decides" that he will be in the NFL for '23 but only as a Packer then GB either releases him (costing $98mil dead cap space) OR pays him $58mil to be on the roster in some capacity (& counting a minimum of $24.4mil cap in '24).

I'm not on-board with the confidence that Gute has plans for his plans...the above scenario sucks. IMHO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If AR "decides" that he will be in the NFL for '23 but only as a Packer then GB either releases him (costing $98mil dead cap space) OR pays him $58mil to be on the roster in some capacity (& counting a minimum of $24.4mil cap in '24).

I'm not on-board with the confidence that Gute has plans for his plans...the above scenario sucks. IMHO.
oh, it does suck. But they put themselves in this position when they certainly didn't have to. They moved to draft the replacement. They paid the current guy instead of trading when selling value would have been it's highest. So while I don't like the situation, I am confident they planed for it. If they didn't, they all need to be shown the door. I think gute is better than that though.

If he does play for GB, I'm pretty sure the contract changes to lessen that amount going forward. It kicks the can i'm sure, but it won't be 60M hits.
Regardless of who their QB is, they have plans in FA and the draft. I don't think it's changed much. They either believe in Love and are going to do everything to put a team around him. Or they don't and they're not going to.

I don't believe that though as they've pushed a bunch more money to keep guys they could have cleaned cap with now or in the near future. If it's Rodgers, they still have needs at TE, Safety, OL, WR, DL. I'm pretty confident they're putting a team together and not playing for draft picks whoever the QB is. I don't think they're throwing in the towel if it's not Rodgers.
Example, Any GM worth their salt has a value on Lazard. They sign him to it or they don't. Does it really matter who the QB is? Love can run this offense, or he can't. Rodgers needs his guys or he won't play? Just like last year and Adams...

Last edited:

Members online