• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why we are STILL waiting on an answer from AR?!?!!! He's obviously told the Packers that he wants to play in '23, otherwise they wouldn't have needed to give the Jets permission to talk to him.

Now AR needs 5 + days to decide if he wants to play for the Jets or retire?? Must give the Jets all of the confidence in the world to know that he really isn't excited to play for them or hopefully lead them to the Super Bowl.

Is he stalling to pressure Gute into trading with another team?
This is my guess. I have a feeling NY isn't at the top of his list.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the tampering rule has anything to do with Rodgers.
So, 2 months since the last game. Free agent tampering starts at noon tomorrow, free agency and the new League year Wednesday. But no worries, Aaron said he's not going to hold the team hostage. The beautiful mystery tour continues.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, the Packers traded up to get the replacement for Rodgers. They've been planning for this situation for 3 years. I get that fans are worried because they don't know anything, but i'm pretty confident in saying, the Packers had plans about their plans and various scenarios for quite a while.
I agree they have their plans but if so why did they give AR such a lucrative extension at that time? Yes, Love might not have been ready after the 2021 season what was the big rush by management?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree they have their plans but if so why did they give AR such a lucrative extension at that time? Yes, Love might not have been ready after the 2021 season what was the big rush by management?
I think they did it because their initial plan wasn't working out so well. which is also kind of part of the point. NFL GM's are planning for everything. Best laid plans don't always work. When they do, your best player gets hurt, coaching tree gets purged just as all your youth is hitting their stride. Covid hits, hurricanes come and wipe out your city. Your most coveted draft pick just doesn't look like he can cut in the NFL, or he surpasses all expectations making a HOF'er expendable.

It's every day in the life of an NFL GM.
At the end of the day, I believe all the good ones have a vision for the team, they identify all the players they think may be available to them via draft, trade, FA, vet cuts, in season street FA's who are staying in game shape and at what positions, other PS players etc. They have a range of values assigned to them and based on xyz happening they then go that route or don't.

I can't imagine a scenario where they're all sitting around, what do we do, what do we do, if only we knew... What Rodgers would choose...

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The soap opera that is the GB Packers with ARod continues..... Love not likely the answer, Rodgers may want to continue/finish his career in GB but it does not sound like the Mgmt. team wants him back or at least does not want to pay him (strange since they decided to give him $150M in a new contract that they knew would break the bank). Bottom line, let him retire, get traded or whatever. WIthout AR they are 7-10 / 8-9 this coming year; with him maybe 1-2 more wins but not likely contender. GB will need to flush a number of contracts to get under the cap, will be playing more rookies and with a trade what do you get for AR? not a lot frankly. THe management team has done a lousy job of managing their money, their roster the past 3-4 years and should all be fired! get some clones from the SF 49er org. or Bills mgmt or Bengals to fix this org.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they did it because their initial plan wasn't working out so well. which is also kind of part of the point. NFL GM's are planning for everything. Best laid plans don't always work. When they do, your best player gets hurt, coaching tree gets purged just as all your youth is hitting their stride. Covid hits, hurricanes come and wipe out your city. It's every day in the life of an NFL GM.
At the end of the day, I believe all the good ones have a vision for the team, they identify all the players they think may be available to them via draft, trade, FA, vet cuts, in season street FA's who are staying in game shape and at what positions, other PS players etc. They have a range of values assigned to them and based on xyz happening they then go that route or don't.

I can't imagine a scenario where they're all sitting around, what do we do, what do we do, if only we knew... What Rodgers would choose...
I get what you are saying but they really didn't need to give AR an extension when they did or for that amount.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna bookmark this post and see if you feel the same way a year from now.
Why wouldn’t I? He’s killing our cap to the point we have to keep regurgitating and redoing contracts just to get room to sign our rookies for Christ sake. Well, even when he’s gone he’ll still be a headache cap wise temporarily so there’s that. He holds this team hostage seems like every offseason. He’s a 39 year old QB who’s at the end of his career while we have a potential solid QB sitting on his *** on the bench for a shitload cheaper. We can actually put that money in other areas. I’ll bet you my job I’ll feel exactly the same way as I do now.

Pucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why cut him when we can get at least a 1st back for him, considering we would be paying a ton of his money (dead cap) for the new team already. Deal with the Raiders again.
If we can’t get at a 1st and a player, it’s not worth trading. Remember he played half the year with a broken thumb. If Love is so good, why didn’t they play him?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look Gute made this whole scenario possible with drafting Love - fact.

Rodgers is an attention seeking waffler that claims to not want things to drag out ever - also fact.

This whole chaos is the reason I just want the ride over - I don’t even care if they announce Love is traded and Rodgers is coming back - just make up your dang mind Rodgers

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he really truly is unsure about playing, then he shouldn't play. It's March, it will be a new league year shortly which means team stuff is going to ramp up. If your heart isn't in it now I'd just move on with your life.

I think he made the decision and is just dragging it out. Have to assume the McAfee show is where he is going to announce that he is taking his talents to East Rutherford.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers front office has completely sabotaged the value they will get in trade due to their constant chirping about wanting Rodgers gone and turning to Love to take over. They should all be fired and let a new regime take over. Mark Murphy didn't even bother to leak it--he said it himself. The man needs to be fired.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna bookmark this post and see if you feel the same way a year from now.
Book mark me saying the same thing LOL (I said it 2 years ago after his post TB loss petulant finger pointing and grade school girl off season antics) OMG if he had left then we would have missed out on a first game home playoff loss to SF and missing the playoffs due to a home loss to Detroit - glad I got to enoy those two gems - whew!!!

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers front office has completely sabotaged the value they will get in trade due to their constant chirping about wanting Rodgers gone and turning to Love to take over. They should all be fired and let a new regime take over. Mark Murphy didn't even bother to leak it--he said it himself. The man needs to be fired.
Who came out and said they wanted him gone? I must have missed that. You’re paying attention to click bait hacks reporting that. Teams aren’t dumb and I’m sure they know this and where the front office stands. Stop believing everything you see on the internet.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, the Packers traded up to get the replacement for Rodgers. They've been planning for this situation for 3 years. I get that fans are worried because they don't know anything, but i'm pretty confident in saying, the Packers had plans about their plans and various scenarios for quite a while.
But but but.....they should have waited

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers front office has completely sabotaged the value they will get in trade due to their constant chirping about wanting Rodgers gone and turning to Love to take over.

And when was this "constant chirping" going on? I haven't read anything anywhere about anyone in the FO saying they want him gone. It's easy enough to read between the lines, but that's NOT the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee MM was briefed on what to say.. He didn't just fly off the handle.

Part of me this was something the board was okay with as well

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have the princess right in the middle of the negotiations and Gute too saying we want picks players and cash. That is what is taking so long. The Jets are offering garbage.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have the princess right in the middle of the negotiations and Gute too saying we want picks players and cash. That is what is taking so long. The Jets are offering garbage.
This is what I think, basically. Maybe the Packers and Jets are still negotiating.

It's interesting to me, I was reading the comments on a YouTube video and it seemed like there were a lot of Packer fans there hoping Rodgers would stay. But you come to this board and it seems most people not only want him gone, they are very angry about it. I can understand thinking the team would be better off to move on to Love (or whoever), but I don't understand why there's so much anger. I completely disagree that Rodgers is "holding the team hostage".

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I think, basically. Maybe the Packers and Jets are still negotiating.

It's interesting to me, I was reading the comments on a YouTube video and it seemed like there were a lot of Packer fans there hoping Rodgers would stay. But you come to this board and it seems most people not only want him gone, they are very angry about it. I can understand thinking the team would be better off to move on to Love (or whoever), but I don't understand why there's so much anger. I completely disagree that Rodgers is "holding the team hostage".
I don't think he's holding anyone hostage, but I think he's more than proven over the past few years that he doesn't have "it" anymore. Hell, he hasn't had "it" since he broke his collarbone. It's just time for next up.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I never said it did. Just a statement of fact on what tomorrow is.
But to expand on that, what if Rodgers holding things up is affecting cap financials that would come about with the trade and ends up costing us a player we want?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's holding anyone hostage, but I think he's more than proven over the past few years that he doesn't have "it" anymore. Hell, he hasn't had "it" since he broke his collarbone. It's just time for next up.
He did win two MVPs since he broke his collarbone though. That's a pretty high standard for not having "it". Unless "it" is putting a team on your shoulders and carrying it to the Super Bowl.