• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest that foursome of Wilson/Lazard/Moore/Cobb is GOOD - if they restructure Davis it would just be nasty good.
The problem for them is that Wilson and Moore will need at least 3 seasons to "earn his trust". So he'll only throw to Lazard and Cobb and when those guys aren't open he'll either take a sack or throw at them anyway and get picked. I'm sure as hell NOT going to miss that crap.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thought.

Jets were thinking about not re-signing Corey Davis. His cap hit is 11.2 million. Would you rather hold on to him, or find better value elsewhere? I’m not sure Lazard is much lesser a pass catcher. And I don’t know enough about Davis in the run game to speak on what he would bring as opposed to Lazard.

Now you’re looking at Wilson, Moore, Lazard, OBJ, Cobb. That’s a pretty solid group.
IMO. I would be shocked if they can afford AR and OBJ.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem for them is that Wilson and Moore will need at least 3 seasons to "earn his trust". So he'll only throw to Lazard and Cobb and when those guys aren't open he'll either take a sack or throw at them anyway and get picked. I'm sure as hell NOT going to miss that crap.

What talented young players did Rodgers NOT throw to? This narrative is completely false

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What talented young players did Rodgers NOT throw to? This narrative is completely false
Absolutely NOT. When he had Adams he completely ignored other receivers who were open on a regular basis. Go find archived games from 2016-2021 and you can find plenty of examples. And no, I'm not going to do it for you. If you haven't been paying attention that's not my fault. Is this seriously the first time you've heard of Rodger's "trust" issues?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Stop. Dude hit Doubs a ton, Watson too. I bet he actually shows up for preseason practices too - if I’m the Jets that is part of the deal.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ isn’t going to cost much. I’ll be suprised if he gets Lazard money
He came out and said he wants 20 mil a year. Now, anyone with half a brain knows he isn’t close to deserving that at this point, especially coming off a major knee surgery, but crazy things have happened.

D

Deleted member 6794

Never said we should - only going off of the exact words he said and the fact this ride is exhausting.

Once again, if Andrew Brandt is right (and I trust him more than any of the talking heads out there) the teams know what's going to happen. Therefore Rodgers isn't holding anyone hostage.

LOL I do understand you just don't like or don't align with my view of his waffling is ridiculous...almost as much as never quoting the whole person's comments.

Why only post part of it? There's 2 additional paragraphs in the post, do you only disagree with part of it? Only displaying part of the argument (out of context, because you aren't displaying the WHOLE thing) makes it look like like you only partially disagree. If that's the case, then say so. You lose legitimacy in my eyes when you post only some of what ppl say.

What is so difficult to understand about quoting only part of a post? Either I agree with the rest of or don't feel the need to comment on it. In this specific case I didn't care to reply to another poster bashing Rodgers for something.

That's an awfully big "if" though, isn't it?
What makes you confident that the Jets, Packers, and Rodgers are all already on the same page and it simply hasn't been made public yet?

I trust Andrew Brandt more than any of the reports commenting on the story.

So you don’t hold people accountable for what they say? You must love being lied to on a consistent basis then. Hey it’s your life.

It actually seems Gutekunst was the only lying when he indicated that the Packers want Rodgers back in his season ending press conference back in January.

You really need to try to follow along better. The comparison that I made was SPECIFICALLY regarding the number of Super Bowl rings that both own. In other words, I do not care one iota about MVP awards. Those are for individuals. I DO care about Lombardi Trophies.

Do you understand that a team and not individuals wins those Super Bowls???

Now here's what seems to be the tricky part for you, so I'll dumb it down the best I can. If the ultimate goal is to win that trophy (and to ME it is), then Dilfer accomplished just as much as Rodgers did. I do NOT care about stats and regular season wins except for the fact that those wins are required to get into the playoffs. See? It's really not that difficult. Not sure how I can make it any simpler for you. If you still don't understand, well... my IQ simply won't go that low.

Once again, it's ridiculous to compare Dilfer and Rodgers based on Super Bowl wins as those are team achievements. The Ravens did a much better job surrounding Dilfer with talent than the Packers ever did with Rodgers. Or do you honestly believe the Packers wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with Rodgers while allowing a combined 23 points in four playoff games in any season???

As far as the personal attacks (yet again), it's sad this has become the norm around here instead of having a civilized discussion.

Of course. Because it is a FACT that Rodgers is literally incapable of doing anything wrong, then by simple deduction, it MUST be someone else's fault when he appears to choke. There can be absolutely no other explanation. What a combination though. Being 100% infallible but also the most unlucky SOB to ever play the game. Mind-boggling, really.

Rodgers deserves part of the blame for the Packers coming up short of winning another Super Bowl, he's not one of the main reasons though.

As a side note, do you actually watch those games or solely take a look at the box score to figure out the quarterback is the one to blame? Once again, take a minute of your precious time and watch that interception against the Lions for once. It's pretty obvious Dillon was the one who didn't do his job, preventing Rodgers from stepping into his throw allowing the Lions to intercept it. Unfortunately you and some others don't care about that at all.

Absolutely NOT. When he had Adams he completely ignored other receivers who were open on a regular basis. Go find archived games from 2016-2021 and you can find plenty of examples. And no, I'm not going to do it for you. If you haven't been paying attention that's not my fault. Is this seriously the first time you've heard of Rodger's "trust" issues?

There's no doubt Rodgers missed open receivers from time to time, just like every other quarterback in the league. On the other hand he targeted Adams as much as he did because Davante is an elite receiver and the Packers lack talent at the position aside of him.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest that foursome of Wilson/Lazard/Moore/Cobb is GOOD - if they restructure Davis it would just be nasty good.
Funny..Andrew Brandt called them cronies

He also said this might be done on the 17th. Something about an option excercise? Where he is due money.

But at start of last year he said this was technically a one year deal..and it turns out he was right

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, it's ridiculous to compare Dilfer and Rodgers based on Super Bowl wins as those are team achievements.

Apparently you value MVPs more than Super Bowls then. Strange, but to each his own.

As far as the personal attacks (yet again), it's sad this has become the norm around here instead of having a civilized discussion.

Well Cap, when your own posts are filled with subtle condescension, don't cry when it comes back to you in not so subtle ways. No wonder you think Rodgers is incapable of any wrong. You think you are too. You think you're the smartest guy in the room and everyone else is stupid just because they disagree with you.

As a side note, do you actually watch those games or solely take a look at the box score to figure out the quarterback is the one to blame? Once again, take a minute of your precious time and watch that interception against the Lions for once. It's pretty obvious Dillon was the one who didn't do his job, preventing Rodgers from stepping into his throw allowing the Lions to intercept it. Unfortunately you and some others don't care about that at all.

I've watched all but maybe 5 or 6 games of his entire career. Dillon didn't cause Rodgers to attempt a throw to a guy who wasn't even open. Even if the throw was perfect, Joseph still would have been in position to pick him off, which makes me question whether YOU even watched the play. Hell, the Jets should sign Kirby Joseph as a WR. Rodgers might never throw another incomplete pass.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt Rodgers missed open receivers from time to time, just like every other quarterback in the league. On the other hand he targeted Adams as much as he did because Davante is an elite receiver and the Packers lack talent at the position aside of him.

Saw an interesting tweet the other day. It said Rodger's receivers dropped 40 passes, tied for most in the league. The drop percentage was second highest in the league. Rodgers percentage of accurate passes was in the top three in the league.
Just some extra food for thought.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw an interesting tweet the other day. It said Rodger's receivers dropped 40 passes, tied for most in the league. The drop percentage was second highest in the league. Rodgers percentage of accurate passes was in the top three in the league.
Yup saw that. Someone also asked. Did those drops take in account if to high or to low? We all seen some (some not all dont spin it out of context) some throws by Rodgers that were touched but truly not catchable

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last game of our season it was so clear. 4 dropped passes that resulted at minimum in 12 fewer offensive plays. Nobody had to do anything other than what most players do on winning teams every week. That IS the difference in this league. We continually put ourselves in poor position because of drops, missed blocks, penalties and without stars at playmaking positions, we weren't good enough to overcome it like in the past. 3rd and 10 used to be just another down for this team. Last year 3rd and 3 seemed insurmountable running or passing.

IF there wasn't the ridiculous cap hit next year for playing this year, we wouldn't be having any of this discussion because Rodgers is not physically or mentally done and he is/was our best option at QB and we wouldn't be looking to move on a year early than a year late

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny..Andrew Brandt called them cronies

He also said this might be done on the 17th. Something about an option excercise? Where he is due money.

But at start of last year he said this was technically a one year deal..and it turns out he was right

Yeah their is an option the Jets could exercise which would bring Aaron's cap hit number VERY low but would essentially put dead cap out three years I think or four cannot remember - VASTLY less hit now for a longer hitting essentially.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last game of our season it was so clear. 4 dropped passes that resulted at minimum in 12 fewer offensive plays. Nobody had to do anything other than what most players do on winning teams every week. That IS the difference in this league. We continually put ourselves in poor position because of drops, missed blocks, penalties and without stars at playmaking positions, we weren't good enough to overcome it like in the past. 3rd and 10 used to be just another down for this team. Last year 3rd and 3 seemed insurmountable running or passing.

IF there wasn't the ridiculous cap hit next year for playing this year, we wouldn't be having any of this discussion because Rodgers is not physically or mentally done and he is/was our best option at QB and we wouldn't be looking to move on a year early than a year late

Your point doesn't change any but I struggle with the concept of assuming zero turnovers might not have occurred - we never know.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, a turnover can change that. I'll amend my statement. we had at minimum the opportunity at 12 more offensive plays. I'm also assuming no first downs in those as well. If they turn it over obviously that changes that.

But they occur 2-3 times a game on average? with 130 or so average ran a game, 1 every 50-60 plays? We already had 2 for the game ourselves. the odds were in our favor :)

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does really want Lazard and Cobb with him. The jets have better WRs than both.

He's familiar with them? He likes them? I'm not certain, obviously, but what person wouldn't want to work with their friends if the option was available?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also possible that Hackett, their new OC is bringing new stuff to a new team and would like some of his old guys who know it to come along for the transition as well. This happens all the time with teams. But with Rodgers, it's all Rodgers and all negative. He provided a "list".

Yes he did. He told us all he'd like to finish his career with guys like Cobb, Lewis, Lazard etc. But it's always spun that he gave the jets list like he handed them a piece of paper, here, I need these guys or I'm staying home.

Members online

Latest posts