• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because he said he was going to sooner than later. There is no must anything here. I personally don’t give a ****, but what else am I going to go by when he himself said he would sooner than later? It’s later at this point. Mean what you say.

If you didn't give a **** then you wouldn't care about it. It's not a courtroom, people change their minds all the time. Only fans demand all player comments be held to the same standard as a swearing in ceremony.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you didn't give a **** then you wouldn't care about it. It's not a courtroom, people change their minds all the time. Only fans demand all player comments be held to the same standard as a swearing in ceremony.
Or God forbid I believe someone at their word. What a concept! No one is demanding either. I think you have your signals crossed kid.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The general public that pays their salaries?

Uhmmm, the teams pay their salaries. Taxes don't go to the teams....Oh, wait, you're trying to imply that fans pay the bills for the teams and therefore the players must answer to the fans? So, when I go to the Ford factory, I can demand that every employee owes me whatever answers I want because without us Ford buyers the employees wouldn't have jobs? That's a truly awful theory that would mean that everyone who works for a living is entitled to no privacy.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in that case, if you work in retail, customer service, sales, financials, gov't, education, oh man i'm going to be here a while listing all of these, fess up, we want to know everything
So you don’t hold people accountable for what they say? You must love being lied to on a consistent basis then. Hey it’s your life.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you don’t hold people accountable for what they say? You must love being lied to on a consistent basis then. Hey it’s your life.
This has absolutely zero bearing on the direction of my life. he can lie to me all day long if he wants. he's neither my friend, confidant, acquaintance, etc. He's a guy I watch play football. And people not telling you things you want to know when you're not a part of the decision anyway isn't really a lie in my book. He's not a contractor coming to redo my driveway and said they'd be here yesterday and not answering his phone. People who are actually in my life, are all accountable, it's why we're friends in the first place.

Even though I have that expensive piece of paper stating we're "owners" I still don't feel I have any right to know, until I know. GB is going to have a QB this year, of that I'm sure. Beyond that, i'm not sweating this at all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys stop....everyone knows Rodgers isn't changing or impacting FA moves - teams were going to be doing all these moves or no moves regardless of 12.....LOL
nobody said he has no impact. The point has always been teams are not paralyzed by it unable to do their jobs. The point has always been, teams are identifying different scenarios that might happen and tagging the personnel that may be available via cut, trade, FA, draft etc and under what circumstances they would or wouldn't need to move forward with those plans.
year after year, big names are tied to one team and hours later are signing with a different one. Z Smith last year is one example. Teams have contingency plans and they do most of their work at the deadline. History shows that.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Rodgers “timetable” is FA? Then both moves are announced and official at the same time?
Lazard or Tonyan or Cobby would be a natural fit.
Looks like you were spot on with that theory.

I would embrace and be freaking ecstatic if the Packers and Jets announced Love is the QB trading teams and Rodgers is coming back - I JUST WANT THIS RIDE TO STOP.
So get off the ride. I know no one is holding a gun to my head.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has absolutely zero bearing on the direction of my life. he can lie to me all day long if he wants. he's neither my friend, confidant, acquaintance, etc. He's a guy I watch play football. And people not telling you things you want to know when you're not a part of the decision anyway isn't really a lie in my book. He's not a contractor coming to redo my driveway and said they'd be here yesterday and not answering his phone. People who are actually in my life, are all accountable, it's why we're friends in the first place.

Even though I have that expensive piece of paper stating we're "owners" I still don't feel I have any right to know, until I know. GB is going to have a QB this year, of that I'm sure. Beyond that, i'm not sweating this at all.
This, lol.

I sure hope nobody here is suggesting that "Holding [Rodgers] accountable" will have any perceptible impact on their day-to-day lives whatsoever....and if it does, you need to re-evaluate some things, lmao.

Never mind that "sooner than later" is 100% subjective in the first place and AFAIK any "deadlines" or specific "time limits" we have heard for a decision have been given by others rather than Rodgers anyhow, unless I've missed something.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There may be an opportunity here. Let the Jets sign all of Rodgers' favorite players, then refuse to do the trade. Rodgers refuses to play and retires out of anger and we create a ton of cap room.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the point of bringing Dilfer into the discussion in the first place if you don't intent on making a comparison to Rodgers?

You really need to try to follow along better. The comparison that I made was SPECIFICALLY regarding the number of Super Bowl rings that both own. In other words, I do not care one iota about MVP awards. Those are for individuals. I DO care about Lombardi Trophies. Now here's what seems to be the tricky part for you, so I'll dumb it down the best I can. If the ultimate goal is to win that trophy (and to ME it is), then Dilfer accomplished just as much as Rodgers did. I do NOT care about stats and regular season wins except for the fact that those wins are required to get into the playoffs. See? It's really not that difficult. Not sure how I can make it any simpler for you. If you still don't understand, well... my IQ simply won't go that low.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, just take a look at the fourth quarter interception Rodgers threw against the Lions. I firmly believe that Dillon not blocking anyone is a pretty good excuse for the interception.
Of course. Because it is a FACT that Rodgers is literally incapable of doing anything wrong, then by simple deduction, it MUST be someone else's fault when he appears to choke. There can be absolutely no other explanation. What a combination though. Being 100% infallible but also the most unlucky SOB to ever play the game. Mind-boggling, really.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really need to try to follow along better. The comparison that I made was SPECIFICALLY regarding the number of Super Bowl rings that both own. In other words, I do not care on iota about MVP awards. Those are for individuals. I DO care about Lombardi Trophies. Now here's what seems to be the tricky part for you, so I'll dumb it down the best I can. If the ultimate goal is to win that trophy (and to ME it is), then Dilfer accomplished just as much as Rodgers did. I do NOT care about stats and regular season wins except for the fact that those wins are required to get into the playoffs. See? It's really not that difficult. Not sure how I can make it any simpler for you. If you still don't understand, well... my IQ simply won't go that low.

That's great for the fan but has absolutely no bearing in any analysis of players. Super Bowls are always team victories; hasn't been a single QB yet that took a bad team to the title. MVPs are for the players, Super Bowls are for the coaches/GMs.

Also, bravo on the belief that you can end a discussion by simply saying I'm too smart to try and defend my point any further!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Why does really want Lazard and Cobb with him. The jets have better WRs than both.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tomorrow it seems he is going on ***, and when he does I expect one of two very very different things to happen -

1-We see a bitter and petty but very subtle way attacks lobbed at Packers or just management. Bring up how the Jets would do and make the moves GB refused to so…

OR

2-He butters it on respectfully as Gute will and down plays any issues or grievances he may have and confirm he is leaving for the Jets.

Members online