• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup saw that. Someone also asked. Did those drops take in account if to high or to low? We all seen some (some not all dont spin it out of context) some throws by Rodgers that were touched but truly not catchable
Usually those kind of stats don't include playoff performance.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is so difficult to understand about quoting only part of a post? Either I agree with the rest of or don't feel the need to comment on it. In this specific case I didn't care to reply to another poster bashing Rodgers for something.
What is so difficult? When you cherry pick parts of an argument, you lose credibility, if you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Others say the whole argument, posting only part of what ppl say is very misleading. If someone isn't watching the thread, then they have to scroll back to see the original post. I think that's a heck of a lot more misleading.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he didn't have Adams to go all tunnel-vision on last season, did he?
At this time he won't have Adams to go all tunnel-vision on next season either, which is in contrast with your point that it will take 3 years to trust the current Jet receivers. IMO.

Reaction score
There may be an opportunity here. Let the Jets sign all of Rodgers' favorite players, then refuse to do the trade. Rodgers refuses to play and retires out of anger and we create a ton of cap room.
That’s my thinking. If it’s a game of chicken he wants to play? We’re driving a E550 Truck and he’s in a Beetle. He already looks bad imo in the eyes of many (plenty of fans I know outside of WI can’t stand him) and he’s going to come out on the bottom if he wants to pretend like compensation does not matter to him. It’s his career and his reputation (future career after football) both on the line so he might want to reconsider.

GB will get hurt some, but Imo they’ll recover from an ugly divorce a whole lot better and faster than Aaron will. Let the Jets keep their 3rd Rounder or whatever ridiculous offer they have and deal with the fan fallout. Jobs will be lost over this trust me here across the Jets organization if It’s found out that they lost him over an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. They are obviously shrewd in NY, but the Jets are not very intelligent if this is about 1 draft pick.

We can be reasonable whenever the Jets and Rodgers decide they want to be. No hurry we’re good here we have our QB already.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers deserves part of the blame for the Packers coming up short of winning another Super Bowl, he's not one of the main reasons though.
I suspect the one of the reasons the Packers brass wants to move on from him is because they do think he is one of the main reasons. They also decided not to move on from Joe Barry, so I guess they think the defense is good enough.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect the one of the reasons the Packers brass wants to move on from him is because they do think he is one of the main reasons. They also decided not to move on from Joe Barry, so I guess they think the defense is good enough.
Honestly, the defense was one of the best post-Thanksgiving.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only 2 wrongs would make a right. IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

Apparently you value MVPs more than Super Bowls then. Strange, but to each his own.

No, I haven't said anything like that at all. When evaluating a player it doesn't make sense to solely take a look at the number of Super Bowls won though.

Dillon didn't cause Rodgers to attempt a throw to a guy who wasn't even open. Even if the throw was perfect, Joseph still would have been in position to pick him off, which makes me question whether YOU even watched the play.

Please, just take a look at the play once again. If Rodgers is able to step into the throw Joseph doesn't have any chance of interception that ball as he's more than 25 yards away from Watson at the time Rodgers releases the ball.

Your point doesn't change any but I struggle with the concept of assuming zero turnovers might not have occurred - we never know.

The Packers offense turned the ball over on less than 2% of their plays. I think it's fair to assume they wouldn't have done it in those situations either. On the other hand they could have scored a touchdown on any of those plays as well.

And he didn't have Adams to go all tunnel-vision on last season, did he?

It's mind-boggling how many fans have a hard time understanding Rodgers targeted Adams on a lot of throws considering he's an elite wide receiver while the team lacked talent aside of him at the position.

What is so difficult? When you cherry pick parts of an argument, you lose credibility, if you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Others say the whole argument, posting only part of what ppl say is very misleading. If someone isn't watching the thread, then they have to scroll back to see the original post. I think that's a heck of a lot more misleading.

Once again, it's possible to only disagree with parts of a post. I don't feel the need to quote the entire one if that happens. Doesn't make it any less credible.

That’s my thinking. If it’s a game of chicken he wants to play? We’re driving a E550 Truck and he’s in a Beetle. He already looks bad imo in the eyes of many (plenty of fans I know outside of WI can’t stand him) and he’s going to come out on the bottom if he wants to pretend like compensation does not matter to him.

Most fans outside of Wisconsin can't stand Rodgers because he's an elite quarterback who didn't play for their franchise.

I suspect the one of the reasons the Packers brass wants to move on from him is because they do think he is one of the main reasons.

They would be wrong about that.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
t's mind-boggling how many fans have a hard time understanding Rodgers targeted Adams on a lot of throws considering he's an elite wide receiver while the team lacked talent aside of him at the position.
Ummmmmm except for Lazard who Rodgers wants to join him in NYC, Cobb, who Rodgers insisted join him in GB and MVS who helped himself to a ring in KC. So yeah Adams and 2 guys Rodgers hand picks. Poor poor Aaron LOL

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't ever recall AR bemoaning he didn't have targets.

Welcome back from your trip outside of civilization. Aaron has been VERY smart about how he has crafted language when discussing weapon options...has he directly in the exact words said: "They never got me targets" no. However, he also never said he didn't take the vaccine, instead simply said he was immunized. :D

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome back from your trip outside of civilization. Aaron has been VERY smart about how he has crafted language when discussing weapon options...has he directly in the exact words said: "They never got me targets" no. However, he also never said he didn't take the vaccine, instead simply said he was immunized. :D
When reported he wanted 50 million per and 150 for 3 was a lie...then he got that exact amount

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When reported he wanted 50 million per and 150 for 3 was a lie...then he got that exact amount

It was funny how he specifically said the idea that he had a piece of paper he slid across the table with demands on it in the Jets meeting was insane.....BUT went on to how they discussed some past teammates that are FAs and of course he gave glowing reviews of them. Again ZERO about what he did and said is wrong but it is hilarious that he couldn't just say - no there wasn't a paper it was all just verbal discussions about guys I'd love to play with, no demands however made.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, just take a look at the play once again. If Rodgers is able to step into the throw Joseph doesn't have any chance of interception that ball as he's more than 25 yards away from Watson at the time Rodgers releases the ball.

Once again, Watson wasn't even remotely open at any point on that play and his favorite target, Kerby Joseph, was definitely NOT "more than 25 yards away" on that play. How can you expect to be taken seriously when you make provably false claims like that?

The ball was in the air for 2.75 seconds. (Go ahead. Time it multiple times yourself with a stopwatch and average the results.) If Joseph was "more than 25 yards away", he would have had to average at least 9.4 yards per second for the entire duration that the ball was in the air. That's Chris Johnson track speed! So he would have to already be running that fast when the ball was released and still running that fast when he caught it. The guy runs a 4.5 second 40-yard dash, or 8.9 yards/second. By the time he caught it, he wasn't moving any faster than a swift jogging pace. Given the time it takes to get up to speed and then to slow down to the pace he was moving when he caught it, there's absolutely no way he was more than 10-15 yards from where he picked it off when Rodgers released it. Now feel free to argue with the math.

The other thing he didn't see was Cobb (you know, the guy he demanded we sign the year before?) wide open over the middle right at the first down marker with some room to run. If he had thrown to him instead it probably would have resulted in at least a 15 yard gain. But I suppose that was Dillon's fault too.

It's mind-boggling how many fans have a hard time understanding Rodgers targeted Adams on a lot of throws considering he's an elite wide receiver while the team lacked talent aside of him at the position.

I don't care how elite a receiver is. When you opt to throw at him into double and triple coverage when other guys are open, it's a problem. And don't pretend he never did this. What's really mind-boggling though, is why you think the rest of us are so stupid that you can just make up things that are provably false in a vain attempt to support your own untenable position. You would rather pull stunts like that and look like a clown than admit Rodgers could ever make a mistake. Again, mind-boggling.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was funny how he specifically said the idea that he had a piece of paper he slid across the table with demands on it in the Jets meeting was insane.....BUT went on to how they discussed some past teammates that are FAs and of course he gave glowing reviews of them. Again ZERO about what he did and said is wrong but it is hilarious that he couldn't just say - no there wasn't a paper it was all just verbal discussions about guys I'd love to play with, no demands however made.
I am pretty sure he said they talked about as many as 20 players. He then went on to say he gave his teammates glowing reviews as well as saying who wouldn't want OBJ. IMO it is highly unlikely all 20 were Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ummmmmm except for Lazard who Rodgers wants to join him in NYC, Cobb, who Rodgers insisted join him in GB and MVS who helped himself to a ring in KC. So yeah Adams and 2 guys Rodgers hand picks. Poor poor Aaron LOL

Do you honestly believe Rodgers should have forced the ball to either Lazard, Cobb or MVS just to not target Adams as much as he did?

That is a subjective thing that cannot be right or wrong. If they think that, you can disagree with them, but it doesn't mean they are wrong about it.

True, but taking a look at the numbers (especially points allowed in playoff losses) strongly indicates Rodgers wasn't the main reason the Packers lost most of those games.

Once again, Watson wasn't even remotely open at any point on that play and his favorite target, Kerby Joseph, was definitely NOT "more than 25 yards away" on that play. How can you expect to be taken seriously when you make provably false claims like that?

Just to clarify once again, I never suggested Watson was open but that Joseph was more than 25 yards away from Watson at the time Rodgers released the ball.

Take a look at the screenshot of the play below. You can see Rodgers has already released the ball in it. Kerby Joseph (#31) is actually more than 25 yards away from Watson at this point. If Rodgers is able to step into the throw there's absolutely no way he will be able to make a play on the ball. It's possible Watson will get behind Amani Oruwariye (#24, 4.47 40) to make the catch and even score on the play if Dillon blocks his guy. Unfortunately he doesn't and results in Rodgers throw being completely off target.

Once again, that's not on the QB though.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The other thing he didn't see was Cobb (you know, the guy he demanded we sign the year before?) wide open over the middle right at the first down marker with some room to run. If he had thrown to him instead it probably would have resulted in at least a 15 yard gain. But I suppose that was Dillon's fault too.

As you can see above there's no truth to Cobb being open either.

I don't care how elite a receiver is. When you opt to throw at him into double and triple coverage when other guys are open, it's a problem. And don't pretend he never did this.

There's no doubt Rodgers targeted Adams when other receivers would have been a better option. It's not surprising Davante was his first read on most of the plays considering he was by far the most talented pass catcher on the team for a long time.

What's really mind-boggling though, is why you think the rest of us are so stupid that you can just make up things that are provably false in a vain attempt to support your own untenable position. You would rather pull stunts like that and look like a clown than admit Rodgers could ever make a mistake. Again, mind-boggling.

Once again, take a look at the screenshot and eat crow.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to clarify once again, I never suggested Watson was open.

So you still blame Dillon when you admit Watson wasn't open? It's interesting that whenever Rodgers screws up, you find a way to blame anyone else but him. Has he EVER made a mistake that cost the Packers a chance to win?

Take a look at the screenshot of the play below. You can see Rodgers has already released the ball in it. Kerby Joseph (#31) is actually more than 25 yards away from Watson at this point. If Rodgers is able to step into the throw there's absolutely no way he will be able to make a play on the ball. It's possible Watson will get behind Amani Oruwariye (#24, 4.47 40) to make the catch and even score on the play if Dillon blocks his guy. Unfortunately he doesn't and results in Rodgers throw being completely off target.

The point where the ball is actually thrown is far more important. The only chance he had to get it to Watson was a lob just like he threw. It was only underthrown by maybe a yard. Joseph still would have been in position to intercept even if it was perfectly thrown. In fact, Joseph had to come back for it a little bit. It was a bad decision no matter how you try to justify it.

As you can see above there's no truth to Cobb being open either.

Lazard was the one open. Piecing it together best I could from TV footage it looked like Cobb. Either way, Lazard had his man beat over the middle for a likely first down catch. Given that Rodgers can do no wrong, he should have recognized it before he even made his break. Great QBs do that, let alone perfect QBs. He also had Tonyan open with Lazard in a great position to block. Watson was by far the worst option of those three. You can even see in your pic that Joseph was already breaking on the play because Rodgers stared down Watson the entire time and everyone in the stadium knew where he was going with it. How could the greatest, most infallible QB of all time miss THAT? Oh yeah, Dillon made him do it.

Once again, take a look at the screenshot and eat crow.

After you.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
End of the day the results were the same 3 years in a row

10/23 83 yards one pick zero TDs 3 season ending home upset losses

The rest is blah blah blah

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Get rid of Rodgers, keep Joe Barry. Seems promising.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
End of the day the results were the same 3 years in a row

10/23 83 yards one pick zero TDs 3 season ending home upset losses

The rest is blah blah blah
We’ve had plenty of disagreements in the past, but you simply cannot argue these numbers. He just flat out hasn’t been getting it done late in games.

Better 4th quarter play from him could’ve won at least another one of those games and provided a super bowl opportunity.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts