1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ipad, two laptops stolen from NFL security consultant in Dallas

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Murgen, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Packerstud

Packerstud Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    Nice find, thanks for sharing!

One can only hope this means nothing. It's a very strange world we live in now a days.

Now, a security company gets ripped off. Maybe they aren't so secure. Maybe you need to find another security company to handle whatever security job they had. I mean since they can't secure the own property.

3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Oh Lord, I wonder how much "secure" data was on those devices. I would also think anything with sensitive information would have some kind of tracking device (GPS). Now if the thief knows how to disable the tracking device, these cats are in more trouble than they thought, they are dealing with a pro and it's no random theft. You have to ask yourself what motive someone would have to steal these devices. It can't be just the devices themselves, Detective Kitten thinks they were after the information they contained. Let's hope the data is encrypted, but you still run the risk that anybody who would risk stealing the devices will probably also be able to disarm the security system.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I wouldn't hire this guy to even guard my garbage.

• Like Like x 2
  5. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Well if they had anything on them then they must the move the super bowl or make some big changes. Cant stay the course. This is bullsh*t!!!!!

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, an Ipad, and TWO laptops have NO security info on them. I call B.S. on that!!!! Even a personal laptop would have some, and your telling me he had two personal laptops. B.S!!!!!!!!!! One had to be for NFL security planning or something.

Guess they have time to change things up now.

7. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Ohhhhh, I feel like freakin Columbo! Methinks these laptops were targeted for a reason.

8. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    ok are making it sound like it is not a big deal.. hope its not a cover up.

9. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Can't even guard garbage?

Are we talking about Jarrett Bush again? :Worried:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    It's a serious security breach. I'm not just talking about the data itself, those laptops should never of been in a position where they could be stolen. This employee should be terminated! Effective immediately!

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I dunno what bothers me more.
    That a security "expert" got ripped off from.
    Or that he was supporting Starbucks!

12. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    In all fairness, read that guys presser transcript from today. I think it's time fans cut the kid a break. That kid is gonna be solid soon, just watch.

13. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yeah, this bothers me. I don't believe him for one second when he says there was nothing security related on those laptops. That sounds like a lie to keep the public from freaking out.

Whatever it is, they need to get them back and arrest/investigate the guys who stole them. They also need to change up some of their protocols..

14. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187

*drinks from her Iced Vanilla Latte* hahahahaha

Honestly, this is concerning. The Super Bowl seems to be the most attractive target to any terrorist operations and these idiots can't even keep track of a laptop. Get your heads out of your a$$es and be secure for God's sake!

15. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Anyone think this has anything to so with the President possibly going to the Super Bowl?? I think this has cover up written all over it.

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I thought it was confirmed that he isn't going and only would have if it had been da Bears instead?

17. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Well I dont really want to keep my garbage people can go ahead and steal it.