Interesting potential pick trade with NE

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a rumor that said GB and NE are considering a trade of GB's 1st (16) and 2nd (47) picks for NE's two firsts (24,28). If you look at the "chart", GB's picks are worth 1430 points and NE's are worth 1400.

I don't mind the deal - esp if no one knocks my socks off at 16.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sounds like a totally made up rumor, but I could see how that trade would benefit both teams.

Reaction score
I saw a rumor that said GB and NE are considering a trade of GB's 1st (16) and 2nd (47) picks for NE's two firsts (24,28). If you look at the "chart", GB's picks are worth 1430 points and NE's are worth 1400.

I don't mind the deal - esp if no one knocks my socks off at 16.

Well there seems to be at least one of Lynch/Carriker/Meecham falling to the #16 position, so it seems as if there would be some talent that can make an immediate impact when we draft.

As for the trade itself, NE would have to throw in a 5th rounder (worth 29 points) for the deal to work.

Trading out 16th for two first rounders and a 5th would be a good trade IMO, and we'd be able to target Greg Olsen with our 24th pick where he wouldn't be so much of a reach.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If New England does a deal like this I would assume it would be for cap reasons. The difference in talent at #16 and at #24 is not that great in my opinion. In fact I would hope for Green Bay to do this deal. Michael Bush and Greg Olsen would be very likely with a deal like this.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would be a great deal...I think we'd have to throw something in, like maybe a 5th, or offer to switch a later round, but this would be sweet...if NE sees somebody they like at 16 this could work

made up or not this is a trade that i can see teddy doing

Possibly pick 2 of Olsen, Meachem, Michael Griffin, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Merriweather, etc. etc.

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would be a great deal...I think we'd have to throw something in, like maybe a 5th, or offer to switch a later round, but this would be sweet...if NE sees somebody they like at 16 this could work

Possibly pick 2 of Olsen, Meachem, Michael Griffin, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Merriweather, etc. etc.

Actually I think it was said that they'd have to give up a 5th.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyone but Michael Griffin. He's not a coverage guy.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True or not, this is an interesting rumor. I think it would be a great deal for the Packers. It could also make sense for New England, considering that in this off season they are making a big push to get their team to the next level RIGHT NOW. They came within an eyelash of a championship this past year (they would've beaten the Bears just as surely as the Colts did), so this is the time for them to bring in as many impact players as possible. If they really like somebody at #16, this could happen, although I doubt it would happen until draft day, when the Packers are actually on the clock.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the rumors have been made up fiction let's call this a possibility.

Who is the player the the Pats would want? It is too early to tell because we don't know who is on the board. However, many of these deals are proposed in advance so if the conditions are right the deal can be made quickly.

My estimation would be that Ted could be inticed. Suppose Lynch is not there at 16, but a WR the Pats want is there. Ted could make the deal and draft say Michael Bush.

With the other pick he trades down the #28 (660 for you chart point guys) for say Denver's 2nd round at pick #56 and 3rd round pick they have from Washinton at #70(340 and 240 points). Ted normally has to give up those point values to get other teams to trade. Denver would then have 2 first round picks and their own 3rd.

Well there are a lot of what if's, but this is the kind of trade Ted would like to get him started in the trade down system he has used to gain draft picks.

Getting Ted started trading down all depends on who is on the board when the Packers are on the clock.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the rumors have been made up fiction let's call this a possibility.

Who is the player the the Pats would want? It is too early to tell because we don't know who is on the board. However, many of these deals are proposed in advance so if the conditions are right the deal can be made quickly.

My estimation would be that Ted could be inticed. Suppose Lynch is not there at 16, but a WR the Pats want is there. Ted could make the deal and draft say Michael Bush.

With the other pick he trades down the #28 (660 for you chart point guys) for say Denver's 2nd round at pick #56 and 3rd round pick they have from Washinton at #70(340 and 240 points). Ted normally has to give up those point values to get other teams to trade. Denver would then have 2 first round picks and their own 3rd.

Well there are a lot of what if's, but this is the kind of trade Ted would like to get him started in the trade down system he has used to gain draft picks.

Getting Ted started trading down all depends on who is on the board when the Packers are on the clock.

I don't know Cheese. I see where your coming from but this class is no where near as deep as last year when TT made moves like this to capatilize on a strong draft. They said last year 30 to 70 was as strong as they have seen in years. The top 10 maybe better than last years but the next 60 or so is not like the talent last year.

I could see this move if TT ultimately goes after Moss in order to recover a pick given for him. I now think Moss will be dealt on draft day (just a guess).

Maybe TT will make a move UP for the first time. With so little going on right now it's hard to figure what's up. That's not a cut on TT it's just hard to get a read on the thinking.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is the player the the Pats would want?

Great question. They don't have many needs. My best guess is a Defensive Back like Reggie Nelson or Chris Houston. Maybe a LB like Patrick Willis or Jarvis Moss.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts