Interested in developing Tebow?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OH COME ON!!! We have a franchise QB and we hear this? are you effing kidding me? Danny Wuerffel Junior? We need a LOT of help in other areas. NOT QB at this time. Even at back up, gotta give Flynn a chance to develop too right? Dont get it. Have another cheeseburger MM. If Jolly goes to jail and gets suspended which is a distinct possibility, we need to look at that as a need, not mentioning at least 5 other needs to get into the deep post season.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is nothing more than draft posturing, or wishful thinking. I would like to draft Eric Berry, probably won't happen though. IMO, this is just the Packers letting other teams behind them know there is the possibilty we MIGHT draft Tebow if/when he slips to us. Cmon, we're going to develop a QB after Rodgers went to his 1st ProBowl....for what reason? So we can say we did? Teams don't draft back-ups in the 1st/2nd rounds. The novelty of Tebow developing behind Rodgers in McCarthy's system is just that....a novelty. The Packers obviously think highly of Flynn, so the thought of drafting a QB high is preposterous to me. Don't spend too much time listening to what you hear in the next couple of weeks.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I loathe the thought of taking Tebow.

I hope Minnesota takes him to groom for a year behind Favre. Then when Favre is gone, Tebow can come in and suck it up.

And I like Tebow. A lot. I just don't see him making it in the NFL at QB.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loathe the thought of taking Tebow.

I hope Minnesota takes him to groom for a year behind Favre. Then when Favre is gone, Tebow can come in and suck it up.

And I like Tebow. A lot. I just don't see him making it in the NFL at QB.
well i agree with you on everything about tebow except liking him alot but with me being a tennessee fan i guess you know why. but he could be a useful as a backup just not in green bay

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As ghost of billy mays said you shouldn't read to much into this. At least 1 person from each team has said that they'd like a crack at Tebow, but does that mean they're all stepping over each other just to draft him? Honestly with the way Mccarthy has worked with Favre, Rodgers and Flynn it'd be interesting to see what he could do with Tebow. However I'd only advocate taking him if he goes undrafted or in the later rounds.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is all about value.

If he grades Tebow as a 2nd rounder, and he's sitting there at 3rd, he's going to really, really consider it.

If Tebow is there at 4, sadly he takes him...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is all about value.

If he grades Tebow as a 2nd rounder, and he's sitting there at 3rd, he's going to really, really consider it.

If Tebow is there at 4, sadly he takes him...

Crabtree was at the top of his board last year and he passed, so you never know with ted.

I cant imagine a situation where we end up with Tebow, and frankly I dont want 2.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crabtree was at the top of his board last year and he passed, so you never know with ted.

I cant imagine a situation where we end up with Tebow, and frankly I dont want 2.
Yeah. But Raji wasn't so far in TT's board...

But that one I guess is the exception to the norm. We were changing to a 3-4, and he needed bodies for it.

I'm so glad he didn't get Crabtree, though. I think he's a great talent, but we definitely do not need another WR...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crabtree was most likely the BPA by the time the packers were on the clock. However there were a lot of doubts about him such as the fractured foot and the fact that he didn't really possess the speed to be an elite reciever. This is what probably put Raji ahead of Crab. Anyways I don't really want to ponder more on this, just glad TT made the pick that he did.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. But Raji wasn't so far in TT's board...

But that one I guess is the exception to the norm. We were changing to a 3-4, and he needed bodies for it.

I'm so glad he didn't get Crabtree, though. I think he's a great talent, but we definitely do not need another WR...

I do think he would have been a good replacement for double D, and we could have used him in the return game. I have always thought it was a mistake not to take crabtree, but we will see in 5 years. WRs take awhile to develop. Raji didnt have much impact on our team this year, but I hope that changes.

Imagine if we drafted cushing instead of Raji...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crabtree was most likely the BPA by the time the packers were on the clock. However there were a lot of doubts about him such as the fractured foot and the fact that he didn't really possess the speed to be an elite reciever. This is what probably put Raji ahead of Crab. Anyways I don't really want to ponder more on this, just glad TT made the pick that he did.

He was at the top of the whole board, not just when we were up to draft. But I agree, no point in going back and rehashing this. Well save that for a couple years down the road. Side comment, speed is overrated in WRs, ask jerry rice.

Leap of faith - JSOnline

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Regarding Crabtree, if I had to guess Raji and Crab were so close on his board that once they were both there need won out over luxury.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Crabtree have Character issues or concerns? Over 10 other teams passed on him as well.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is nothing more than draft posturing, or wishful thinking. I would like to draft Eric Berry, probably won't happen though. IMO, this is just the Packers letting other teams behind them know there is the possibilty we MIGHT draft Tebow if/when he slips to us. Cmon, we're going to develop a QB after Rodgers went to his 1st ProBowl....for what reason? So we can say we did? Teams don't draft back-ups in the 1st/2nd rounds. The novelty of Tebow developing behind Rodgers in McCarthy's system is just that....a novelty. The Packers obviously think highly of Flynn, so the thought of drafting a QB high is preposterous to me. Don't spend too much time listening to what you hear in the next couple of weeks.

Wishful thinking?

This topic was covered last month lol.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think he would have been a good replacement for double D, and we could have used him in the return game. I have always thought it was a mistake not to take crabtree, but we will see in 5 years. WRs take awhile to develop. Raji didnt have much impact on our team this year, but I hope that changes.

Imagine if we drafted cushing instead of Raji...
Cushing is a 4-3 LB. Don't know if he could've played the 3-4 ILB...

But if Raji pans out, it's the most important position in the 3-4, the NT. Without one, the whole D doesn't work...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cushing is a 4-3 LB. Don't know if he could've played the 3-4 ILB...

But if Raji pans out, it's the most important position in the 3-4, the NT. Without one, the whole D doesn't work...

Not necessarily. USC runs a hybrid 4-3/3-4 defense. The starting LB's were:

ROLB: Matthews
ILB1: Mauluga
ILB2: Maivia
LOLB: Cushing

Cushing played virtually the same role as Matthews in this defense. In fact, if Cushing was still available by pick 26, I believe the Packers would've taken him instead of Matthews.