If You Were Aaron Rodgers Would You Look To Go Elsewhere?

If you were Aaron would you want to leave Green Bay?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Push for more talent

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Consider Options

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
TBH he doesn't even need an elite defense to win another SB. The team in 2010 wasn't elite by any means..what they were tho was above average...and they could stop people. Just get the guy a defense who can get off the field on a regular basis. Force some turnovers would help as well.

You are probably right about the defense, it just needs to be good enough to slow teams down, avoid bone-head mistakes, and get the offense back on the field. The offense IMO needs to be designed to get the ball out of Rodger's hands faster. From 2010 to 2017 the Packer's offense has given up approx. 340 sacks with an average rank of 22nd in the NFL compared to New Orleans 217 sacks and their average rank of 6th best in the NFL. Drew Brees is not as mobile as Rodgers and I think the disparity in sacks over this period (340 to 217) wouold be even greater if Rodgers was a bit slower and he will get slower as he ages.

Source: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-per-game?date=2017-11-09

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TBH he doesn't even need an elite defense to win another SB. The team in 2010 wasn't elite by any means..what they were tho was above average...and they could stop people. Just get the guy a defense who can get off the field on a regular basis. Force some turnovers would help as well.

What?!? That team only gave up 15 points per game good for 2nd in the league and 5th in total yards. that was absolutely an elite defense. If not for the “eliteness” of that defense, we don’t win the Super Bowl that year. Look I get that this defense has been mediocre to putrid for years, but let’s not try and change historical facts to try and make a point.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What?!? That team only gave up 15 points per game good for 2nd in the league and 5th in total yards. that was absolutely an elite defense. If not for the “eliteness” of that defense, we don’t win the Super Bowl that year. Look I get that this defense has been mediocre to putrid for years, but let’s not try and change historical facts to try and make a point.

Ok they were elite man.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he leave? He is his franchise. He is iconic. Hall of famer. Multiple MVP's, Superbowl and Superbowl MVP. 8 straight playoff appearances...
I mean. What do you think he is going to get somewhere else, when he is already comfortably king of title town already?

Geez, 3 losses and you guys have #12 leaving town?

You missed it huh? No one is just talking about the 3 loses this year, buddy. This is all those playoff losses because he didn't get any help from the defense over the past 7 yrs. that's what people are referring too. This isn't based off the three losses at all...that's just part of it.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers leaves Green Bay the town will be heard creaking heavily with the weight of all of those who have hung themselves in the basement.

Fortunately, I ain't GOT no basement so I'll have to do myself in by some other means.

NOW LET'S NOT GO TALKIN' ABOUT TWELVE LEAVIN' GREEN BAY NO MORE GODDAMIT, YA HEAR?!?!?

(In my best Clint Eastwood imitation.)

Reaction score
May have already been mentioned but Aaron mentioned in an article a week or so ago that he wants to retire in GB. I realize that’s no guarantee but it was insight into his mind.
Then again maybe he saw what was about to happen to Martellus and decided to support the old adage.
“It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission” ;)

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's going to be gone sooner or later. i hope the board, management, and staff, are taking note and not blowing smoke up each other's butts. if they don't take this mess seriously the nuclear winter i've been dreading, and warning about, may be nigh upon us.

Reaction score
It's a legitimate topic. This is all happening because of you and several others that think TT is some kind of genius or football god. It's plain to see he isn't. It's all being exposed.

All of this happening falls under TT's watch. He has failed Rodgers, the Packers and the fans with zero accountability. Some of us saw this coming but I am sure some will defend Thompson to the end. After all there were people that stayed on the Titanic as it sunk.
The Titanic! Next thing ya know you’ll be accusing us of kidnapping the Lindberg baby! :eek:

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 85 Bears were elite. The 2000 Ravens were elite. The 2002 Buccaneers were elite. The Steel Curtain of the 70s was elite. Our 2010 defense was very good, but they're not near the same level as those aforementioned defenses.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 85 Bears were elite. The 2000 Ravens were elite. The 2002 Buccaneers were elite. The Steel Curtain of the 70s was elite. Our 2010 defense was very good, but they're not near the same level as those aforementioned defenses.

Exactly. People think because they ranked high in some of the defensive statistic categories they were "elite". You're elite once you start being mentioned with those above.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers went to Murphy and said: "Either you find players or I walk in 2019", you better believe there would be changes. He holds all the cards here. If he wants MM out, MM is fired. If he wants Thompson out...see yah!!!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers went to Murphy and said: "Either you find players or I walk in 2019", you better believe there would be changes. He holds all the cards here. If he wants MM out, MM is fired. If he wants Thompson out...see yah!!!

And Murphy will say 'Cool, well you're still under contract in 2019, and we'll be tagging you after that if you don't re-sign.

In much nicer words than that, but Rodgers only has so much leverage here. He's still under contract, and the Packers still have the franchise tag. He can't just walk in 2019 if his demands are not met.

With that said, I do agree that he's clearly the franchise and has say in front office and personnel decisions. Still, I doubt he demands the firing of the guy who gave him a shot 12 years ago when almost every other team passed.

Regardless, I don't expect Thompson to be our acting GM by spring of 2019.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so no elite defense since 2002, still pretty good compared to all the recent ones then. Man people like to split hairs

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there was no mention of GB moving on to another QB, in that situation, well not **** he'd move on, so would I. They played a snippet of his show and there was nothing about that scenario, his position was basically Rodgers can now see he is the entire team and should he leave because GB can't/won't put any players around him. So now I don't listen to the local radio show either. Thought they were better than that to engage in blowhard reactionary emotional drama to engage mindless listeners.
OK, not who I was thinking of, then :)

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look forward to your recap when were 4-12 or 5-11 but I'm pretty sure I already know what the excuses will be as I've heard them a thousand times on here every which way.
We have had, I believe, 2 losing seasons since 1992.

I guarantee you that there are several teams who would give Rodgers over 60 mil a year to suit up for them. Guarantee it
There are, in my opinion, exactly zero teams that can or would pay $60 mil a year for any QB.

Members online

Latest posts