If You Were Aaron Rodgers Would You Look To Go Elsewhere?

If you were Aaron would you want to leave Green Bay?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Push for more talent

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Consider Options

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The stats don't lie. Without Rodgers this year, our offensive output has been indistinguishable from the Browns, and our defense is worse. He could go almost anywhere and it wouldn't be a worse situation.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Tell me what team loses their starting QB in week 6 and gets into playoffs?

2001 patriots Tom Brady, 98 or 99 rams Kurt Warner and the 70s Steelers with Terry Bradshaw in the are the only names that come to my mind. Oh yah, and they ended up being longtime starters in the league with a lot of success.

Loosing Rodgers with a 4-1 record destroyed the confidence of this football team. Probably Because they see Hundleys ceiling every day at work.

Did you not witness the last game which they had 15 days to prepare for? Did you not see that embarrassment at Lambeau in prime time? This team is a joke.

We don't need Bradshaw or Warner for that matter. It would be nice but we just needed someone that could steer the ship and go 4-4 until Rodgers could hopefully come back. They can't score. They can't stop anyone either. The fact that Rodgers injury came before the trade deadline gave them ample time to explore options. What did they do? Nothing. MM got up there and told everyone he believed in his QB room and Hundley etc etc. If your going to use Hundley as an excuse for the players quitting then that's crap. They have had Hundley for two years and should know what they have.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Did you not witness the last game which they had 15 days to prepare for? Did you not see that embarrassment at Lambeau in prime time? This team is a joke.

We don't need Bradshaw or Warner for that matter. It would be nice but we just needed someone that could steer the ship and go 4-4 until Rodgers could hopefully come back. They can't score. They can't stop anyone either. The fact that Rodgers injury came before the trade deadline gave them ample time to explore options. What did they do? Nothing. MM got up there and told everyone he believed in his QB room and Hundley etc etc. If your going to use Hundley as an excuse for the players quitting then that's crap. They have had Hundley for two years and should know what they have.
Who could they have realistically gone after that would make us go 4-4? Bring in a stranger to the system and expect them to make us go 4-4 and start 6 days after being traded. What was a MM supposed to do? Get up there and say this team has no chance unless we get a new QB? Then offer up a First round pick for JImmy Garaopollo to be a Packer for 8 games? Or how about offer Brian Hoyer a 3 year contract? Or put our good faith in AJ McCarren whose team was ready to trade him to a division rival? We probably just should have given Jay Cutler 10.5 million dollars at the start of the season because the coaches should have known Rodgers would break his collarbone. It’s in every teams best interest to put a ton of money into their backup QBs for insurance.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the other teams have something we don't, one person owning the team who has to answer to no one. If one of them wants a SB bad enough why wouldn't they go for AR? And in AR's case why would you stay with a team that really doesn't try very hard to get over the hump. He's got the money part of his life taken care of, he's in the ring chase portion of his career.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not seen a thing from any reputable sourse since Rodgers signed that contract years ago about an opt out clause after 2017.

Sounds like a second rate writer misinterpreting some information and carelessly spreading it like wildfire.

If he had an opt out after this year he'd be exercising it regardless even if he wanted to stay since his market is much higher than his salary.

As I suspected. There is no opt out clause for Rodgers after 2017.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
As I suspected. There is no opt out clause for Rodgers after 2017.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Great! Now the ******* and hostage holding can continue under this current regime.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Who could they have realistically gone after that would make us go 4-4? Bring in a stranger to the system and expect them to make us go 4-4 and start 6 days after being traded. What was a MM supposed to do? Get up there and say this team has no chance unless we get a new QB? Then offer up a First round pick for JImmy Garaopollo to be a Packer for 8 games? Or how about offer Brian Hoyer a 3 year contract? Or put our good faith in AJ McCarren whose team was ready to trade him to a division rival? We probably just should have given Jay Cutler 10.5 million dollars at the start of the season because the coaches should have known Rodgers would break his collarbone. It’s in every teams best interest to put a ton of money into their backup QBs for insurance.

The point is these guys aren't good when you exclude Aaron Rodgers. In fact there pretty bad. Not just at QB but all over the board. Rodgers means more to Green Bay then any other player in the league means to there team.

The Packers should of never let things get this bad. They have kept TT and Capers for way way to long and haven't built anything that can sustain any kind of chance to win without Rodgers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The point is these guys aren't good when you exclude Aaron Rodgers. In fact there pretty bad. Not just at QB but all over the board. Rodgers means more to Green Bay then any other player in the league means to there team.

The Packers should of never let things get this bad. They have kept TT and Capers for way way to long and haven't built anything that can sustain any kind of chance to win without Rodgers.
Wait, what? I thought the Packers had all of this talent?

I absolutely hate that Rodgers went down and wished like hell it never happened, but given the reality of the situation, I'm glad some light is finally being shed on just how putrid a Rodgers-less Packers team is, contrary to what the apologists have been spewing.

RepStar15

Reaction score

Should Dan Marino have left Miami? I still have not heard a single legitimate reason why Aaron Rodgers would leave this organization. If they pay him he has no reason to leave. And next year when we go 12-4 no one will even come close to thinking AR should move on. Everyone is panicking because we suck without him and wants to find blame in us losing on rediculous things. Ted gave AR what we thought would be a weapon in Martellus Bennett coming off of a career year in NE. Went out and got a solid blocking TE in lance kendricks. Drafted him a RB with top 5 potential in Aaron Jones. Got him Jahri Evans to block for him. Defensively resigned Nick Perry. Drafted a CB who is looking pretty good. Tried helping the pass rush in some early season signings and drafting Vince Beigel. He did what we all wanted him to do. Yes Don Capers needs to be Fired, no one will disagree with that and I think this is great that there is no way after this season they find a reason to keep him. MM has an offensive system in place that is built around the QB- Aaron rodgers. Our backup QB isn’t on the same planet and does not even have a similar game play. Do me a favor and watch pregame warm ups this week. You do not see Jordy Nelson smiling or Mike Daniels looking locked in. This team gave up the second AR went down because they know they won’t go anywhere without him. Sports psychology 101.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Wait, what? I thought the Packers had all of this talent?

I absolutely hate that Rodgers went down and wished like hell it never happened, but given the reality of the situation, I'm glad some light is finally being shed on just how putrid a Rodgers-less Packers team is, contrary to what the apologists have been spewing.

Agreed. It's one of those situations you hate to be right because losing sucks. Eventually I expect most of the TT Kool-Aid to run out of sugar. If this team loses out including a loss to Cleveland then I really don't know what they will have left to stand on.

RepStar15

Reaction score
And don’t forget this time Last season and the season before. We looked just as bad WITH Aaron Rodgers until he ran the table. So there has been a huge upgrade to the past two seasons.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And don’t forget this time Last season and the season before. We looked just as bad WITH Aaron Rodgers until he ran the table. So there has been a huge upgrade to the past two seasons.

"Huge Upgrade". :roflmao::roflmao: it's amazing.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Should Dan Marino have left Miami? I still have not heard a single legitimate reason why Aaron Rodgers would leave this organization. If they pay him he has no reason to leave. And next year when we go 12-4 no one will even come close to thinking AR should move on. Everyone is panicking because we suck without him and wants to find blame in us losing on rediculous things. Ted gave AR what we thought would be a weapon in Martellus Bennett coming off of a career year in NE. Went out and got a solid blocking TE in lance kendricks. Drafted him a RB with top 5 potential in Aaron Jones. Got him Jahri Evans to block for him. Defensively resigned Nick Perry. Drafted a CB who is looking pretty good. Tried helping the pass rush in some early season signings and drafting Vince Beigel. He did what we all wanted him to do. Yes Don Capers needs to be Fired, no one will disagree with that and I think this is great that there is no way after this season they find a reason to keep him. MM has an offensive system in place that is built around the QB- Aaron rodgers. Our backup QB isn’t on the same planet and does not even have a similar game play. Do me a favor and watch pregame warm ups this week. You do not see Jordy Nelson smiling or Mike Daniels looking locked in. This team gave up the second AR went down because they know they won’t go anywhere without him. Sports psychology 101.
Oh I don't know. Because he's the most gifted complete package the quarterback position has seen in the nearly 100 year history of professional football and is given this poo poo platter of assorted crap to work with?

This team should not go from perennial Super Bowl contenders with Aaron Rodgers to a complete and utter train wreck without him. The Patriots have won without Brady. The Steelers have won without Roethlisberger. The Vikings have won games without their two best quarterbacks. There are many examples of teams that have been able to win without their starting quarterback.

Hell the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassell and 3-1 with a combo of their 2nd and 3rd string QBs. But somehow, the Packers can't beat a Lions team at home with over two weeks to prepare. And not only do you lose, you don't look even the slightest bit formidable in the process.

If I'm Aaron Rodgers and I know that I can lead this crap of a team to 10+ wins every season, I'd love to see what I could do with a team that has good talent and good coaching. To say that he has no reason to want to leave is humorous to me.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have been unbelievably lucky with Rogers and Favre. We won't have this kind of luck in the future. In the last 25 years, we have had Rogers and Favre for every game except 11?, I think. Both are great QBs. Let's admit it. We have been good because of those 2 for the most part. We have been incredibly fortunate. It has skewed our perspective. That kind of stability is a tremendous advantage compared to other teams. Coaching staff stability is an advantage also, as long as those that stay produce good results. We have had 2 exceptional players in the most important position on the team. I hate to burst bubbles, but we are going to have to build a team that has talent at every position and try to win like everybody else does. We have been lucky. Plain and simple. It is going to be back to normal once Rogers hangs it up, demands a trade or gets sick of playing behind a line that can't protect him. The stability is great at helping win games, but does it breed complacency?

RepStar15

Reaction score
"Huge Upgrade". :roflmao::roflmao: it's amazing.
We were losing by a larger margin with our starting QB. It has been a huge upgrade. No one was complaining about the defense in weeks 1-5, because we were winning. Everyone is just looking at fingers to point right now and it’s pathetic. The fact of the matter is no team gets over losing their starting QB for half of a season, unless you are the 2001 Patriots with Tom Brady or the 1999 Rams with Kurt Warner. Stop complaining people it is what it is! We don’t have a top 5 defense that can win games for us, and even if we did our back up QB is so bad we would still probably lose with a Seattle or Denver caliber defense (who, by the way, is losing with whatever QB they are putting in).

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We have been unbelievably lucky with Rogers and Favre. We won't have this kind of luck in the future. In the last 25 years, we have had Rogers and Favre for every game except 11?, I think. Both are great QBs. Let's admit it. We have been good because of those 2 for the most part. We have been incredibly fortunate. It has skewed our perspective. That kind of stability is a tremendous advantage compared to other teams. Coaching staff stability is an advantage also, as long as those that stay produce good results. We have had 2 exceptional players in the most important position on the team. I hate to burst bubbles, but we are going to have to build a team that has talent at every position and try to win like everybody else does. We have been lucky. Plain and simple. It is going to be back to normal once Rogers hangs it up, demands a trade or gets sick of playing behind a line that can't protect him. The stability is great at helping win games, but does it breed complacency?

"Complacency" and delusion. Some think we have actually "upgraded" the roster. Dom Capers still has a job. TT will draft again and handle all personnel matters.
MM will continue to give the same lame excuses. Murphy will continue to run around and make a profit as the main goal. We will continue to go 10-6 and 11-5 while we have Rodgers healthy. Bizz as usual.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We were losing by a larger margin with our starting QB. It has been a huge upgrade. No one was complaining about the defense in weeks 1-5, because we were winning. Everyone is just looking at fingers to point right now and it’s pathetic. The fact of the matter is no team gets over losing their starting QB for half of a season, unless you are the 2001 Patriots with Tom Brady or the 1999 Rams with Kurt Warner. Stop complaining people it is what it is! We don’t have a top 5 defense that can win games for us, and even if we did our back up QB is so bad we would still probably lose with a Seattle or Denver caliber defense (who, by the way, is losing with whatever QB they are putting in).
The Vikings are 6-2 with mostly Case Keenum, who, when healthy, is the 3rd best quarterback on his own team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are 6-2 with mostly Case Keenum, who, when healthy, is the 3rd best quarterback on his own team.
Ha, case Keemun isn't much worse than their starters lol

Let's take Harrison smith off that team and maybe Griffin. Think they're still good?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ha, case Keemun isn't much worse than their starters lol

Let's take Harrison smith off that team and maybe Griffin. Think they're still good?
Bet they wouldn't be winless like the current Rodgers-less Packers are.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Yes 3rd string Case Keenum whose QBR happens to be 5th in the league right now. No one on this planet would be shocked if he is named starter for the rest of the season and next season. Brett Hundleys QBR is ranked Dead last in the league amongst any QB that has started a single game this season.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yes 3rd string Case Keenum whose QBR happens to be 5th in the league right now. No one on this planet would be shocked if he is named starter for the rest of the season and next season. Brett Hundleys QBR is 32nd. Dead last in the league amongst any QB that has started a single game this season.
However you slice the QBR, that's an indictment on the Green Bay Packers. You're actually helping making my point.