If You Were Aaron Rodgers Would You Look To Go Elsewhere?

If you were Aaron would you want to leave Green Bay?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Push for more talent

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Consider Options

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's been 3 games, they haven't looked good. You did see what happened to MN last year after a 5-0 start? Can you recap for us?
Sure. They didn't go winless.

Until this team shows me that it can win a football game I'm not going to let up.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's been 3 games, they haven't looked good. You did see what happened to MN last year after a 5-0 start? Can you recap for us?

I look forward to your recap when were 4-12 or 5-11 but I'm pretty sure I already know what the excuses will be as I've heard them a thousand times on here every which way.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure. They didn't go winless.

Until this team shows me that it can win a football game I'm not going to let up.
lol, you're right, they didn't. They lost 4 straight before they won a game. Hundley has 2 starts, 3 i guess if you expect a guy on the road against a great defense to step in and be good, i'll let you count that 3/4's of a game too. whatever info you need to include or exclude to make your point, feel free LOL

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
lol, you're right, they didn't. They lost 4 straight before they won a game. Hundley has 2 starts, 3 i guess if you expect a guy on the road against a great defense to step in and be good, i'll let you count that 3/4's of a game too. whatever info you need to include or exclude to make your point, feel free LOL
lol. Give it time dude. Hundley might win a game or two. I'd love to see it. Unfortunately neither one of us have seen anything that suggests this team will win a football game without Aaron Rodgers.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he leave? He is his franchise. He is iconic. Hall of famer. Multiple MVP's, Superbowl and Superbowl MVP. 8 straight playoff appearances...
I mean. What do you think he is going to get somewhere else, when he is already comfortably king of title town already?

Geez, 3 losses and you guys have #12 leaving town?

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were losing by a larger margin with our starting QB. It has been a huge upgrade. No one was complaining about the defense in weeks 1-5, because we were winning. Everyone is just looking at fingers to point right now and it’s pathetic. The fact of the matter is no team gets over losing their starting QB for half of a season, unless you are the 2001 Patriots with Tom Brady or the 1999 Rams with Kurt Warner. Stop complaining people it is what it is! We don’t have a top 5 defense that can win games for us, and even if we did our back up QB is so bad we would still probably lose with a Seattle or Denver caliber defense (who, by the way, is losing with whatever QB they are putting in).
Not complaining??? We have a thread on this board that is literally over five years old calling for Capers to be fired.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is under contract now, next year, and 2019. Even if he doesn't want to extend beyond that point, we would franchise tag him a couple times and make sure he goes nowhere. Why does this keep coming up?
He has the option.to opt out after next year

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im a packers fan for life and if i was Aaron Rodgers id leave id get a monster contract wherever i go (by the way please dont go rodgers we need you) Capers needed to go 5 seasons ago thompson needed to go after last season and McCarthy needed to go 5 seasons ago when we saw all he can do as a coach is teach not to lose instead of putting your foot in their throat and playing to win. I'm sick of McCarthy conservative playcalling I'm sick of Thompson not picking up valuable free agents when he has the chance and his lackadaisical attitude I'm the draft and during free agency. I'm sick of capers horrible defensive scheme the same one he runs year in and year out to the same horrible results he doesn't change anything in the scheme ever and he has our cbs playing 8 to 10 yards off the ball he rarely blitzes and he rarely turns out players loose or put them into position scheme wise to succeed I mean how many time have we seen receivers catch wide open passed because capers schemes our players out of the area. And I've been saying this for years we need a better special teams coach and offensive coordinator nuff said on that part and I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR YEARS FOR THE LOVE OF ZEUS LEYS GET A BETTER STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH AND PROGRAM BECAUSE I SWEAR WE ARE THE MOST HURT TEAM EVERY YEAR. So in summary fire capers mid season get rid of Thompson week 12 so the new GM has time to prepare and fire McCarthy next season and give Rodgers a 200 million dollar contract so he doesn't consider leaving us because he realizes Capers Thompson and McCarthy have been coasting by on his greatness for almost a decade. We need new blood new and aggressive blood and we need to tank the season and I'm the off-season go all in on spending moneybsnd picking of free agents I'm key positions on defense and offense (not 2 TEs) and picking smart in the draft and I'm sad to say Matthews has got to go unless we move him inside permanently we need cap space to go all out. Whew rant over.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me what team loses their starting QB in week 6 and gets into playoffs?

2001 patriots Tom Brady, 98 or 99 rams Kurt Warner and the 70s Steelers with Terry Bradshaw in the are the only names that come to my mind. Oh yah, and they ended up being longtime starters in the league with a lot of success.

Loosing Rodgers with a 4-1 record destroyed the confidence of this football team. Probably Because they see Hundleys ceiling every day at work.
I agree

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not witness the last game which they had 15 days to prepare for? Did you not see that embarrassment at Lambeau in prime time? This team is a joke.

We don't need Bradshaw or Warner for that matter. It would be nice but we just needed someone that could steer the ship and go 4-4 until Rodgers could hopefully come back. They can't score. They can't stop anyone either. The fact that Rodgers injury came before the trade deadline gave them ample time to explore options. What did they do? Nothing. MM got up there and told everyone he believed in his QB room and Hundley etc etc. If your going to use Hundley as an excuse for the players quitting then that's crap. They have had Hundley for two years and should know what they have.
Read my rant please McCarthy is a joke his coaching style has cost us a few playoff games

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were Rodgers, I would "push for more talent". However, Aaron has already done that, gently. And honestly, I think Ted tried to accommodate him during the offseason, even if it didn't work out as well as we hoped.

Rodgers has said he wants to finish his career in Green Bay, I don't see any reason to disbelieve him. But we're all seeing the team being exposed right now, and if Rodgers were to consider other options in the hopes to win another Super Bowl, it might be hard to blame him for it.

I am not going to give a topic invented by a blowhard with a radio show any more time than it deserves. Which I gues I did by even making this post.
Assuming I know the radio host you are talking about, I think the scenario he gave was more about the Packers moving on and transitioning to another quarterback (like they did so successfully with Favre/Rodgers) than about Rodgers deciding he wants out. This would most likely be several years from now. But what if the Packers get a high draft pick this year and another promising quarterback falls into their lap? Most likely they would pass, but who knows? And what if the same situation arises a few years from now? They might be more inclined at that time. Nobody has a crystal ball.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there was no mention of GB moving on to another QB, in that situation, well not **** he'd move on, so would I. They played a snippet of his show and there was nothing about that scenario, his position was basically Rodgers can now see he is the entire team and should he leave because GB can't/won't put any players around him. So now I don't listen to the local radio show either. Thought they were better than that to engage in blowhard reactionary emotional drama to engage mindless listeners.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. They gave the guy a good defense ONE damn year!! ONE!!! and he delivered a SB to Green Bay. Since then? Mediocre, bad, mediocre, bad the same cycle. Can't find or keep a Tightend, running back woes, so much so they had to turn a wr into one and then draft 3 rookies.
You have to really understand the greatness of Aaron Rodgers to really apprentice guy, literally went from a SB contender to being lucky to win 5 games overnight. This is the loss of one player btw....one. Which means the guy has carried not only the team, but the coaches as well for all these years!! The only reason Rodgers isn't the unanimous choice for greatest QB of all time?? is because Tom Brady has more rings...simply because he's always had a way better coaching staff and front office....way better. Because he can't hold a candle to Rodgers when it comes to the physical tools while Rodgers is just as smart.. if not smarter than Brady. The ONLY reason Aaron Rodgers doesn't have more rings is because he's been in Green Bay. I'm 100% convinced of that.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excepting Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner, has there even been QBs who switched teams and went on to win SB with new team?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would you want to go to another team that presents a better chance to make it to the SB?

I doubt he'd want a hefty pay cut as part of the deal. So, if you look at it practically, and consider only similarly paid QBs, he can replace...perhaps then he can replace Big Ben at Steelers or Carsten Palmer at Cardinals and enhance his chances at SB.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt he'd want a hefty pay cut as part of the deal. So, if you look at it practically, and consider only similarly paid QBs, he can replace...perhaps then he can replace Big Ben at Steelers or Carsten Palmer at Cardinals and enhance his chances at SB.

He could go to Minnesota, Denver, or KC and do the same exact thing. He could definitely win a SB in Minnesota or Denver....Hell, he could go Cleveland and do what he's doing in Green Bay.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could go to Minnesota, Denver, or KC and do the same exact thing. He could definitely win a SB in Minnesota or Denver....Hell, he could go Cleveland and do what he's doing in Green Bay.
No he can't the browns are so disfunctional

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee you that there are several teams who would give Rodgers over 60 mil a year to suit up for them. Guarantee it

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I willing to bet Aaron has already pushed for more talent and you can see how that has turned out.

I'll go with "Consider Options" and privately tell Mark Murphy - "If you don't want a PR nightmare where I very publicly request a trade/opt out you need to make changes. The status quo just isn't acceptable. I want offense schemes and routes like New Orleans and a defense like Seattle. I will leave it up to you to figure out how to get there."

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I willing to bet Aaron has already pushed for more talent and you can see how that has turned out.

I'll go with "Consider Options" and privately tell Mark Murphy - "If you don't want a PR nightmare where I very publicly request a trade/opt out you need to make changes. The status quo just isn't acceptable. I want offense schemes and routes like New Orleans and a defense like Seattle. I will leave it up to you to figure out how to get there."

TBH he doesn't even need an elite defense to win another SB. The team in 2010 wasn't elite by any means..what they were tho was above average...and they could stop people. Just get the guy a defense who can get off the field on a regular basis. Force some turnovers would help as well.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Only Browns have the cap space to afford AR at his current pay scale.

I took Steelers and Cardinals because they pay their QBs similar to what AR earns now and it'd not be a big impact to swap.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns actually have a quality defense. Way better then the Packers.
The Browns are an example of the impact that a good DC can have. 2016 undrafted player Briean Bobby-Calhoun is the #13 CB per PFF, and Jason McCourty, underwhelming in recent years and cut by his former team, is the #2 CB in the league by the same analytical measure. Meanwhile, we have a secondary filled with high draft picks and it looks like absolute crud.

Members online

Latest posts