If You Were Aaron Rodgers Would You Look To Go Elsewhere?

If you were Aaron would you want to leave Green Bay?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Push for more talent

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Consider Options

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Seeing how bad this team is lacking without you would you want to go to another team that presents a better chance to make it to the SB? Or stick with the team you started with for sentimental reasons? Or push for more talent on your current team?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not going to give a topic invented by a blowhard with a radio show any more time than it deserves. Which I gues I did by even making this post.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is under contract now, next year, and 2019. Even if he doesn't want to extend beyond that point, we would franchise tag him a couple times and make sure he goes nowhere. Why does this keep coming up?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am not going to give a topic invented by a blowhard with a radio show any more time than it deserves. Which I gues I did by even making this post.

It's a legitimate topic. This is all happening because of you and several others that think TT is some kind of genius or football god. It's plain to see he isn't. It's all being exposed.

All of this happening falls under TT's watch. He has failed Rodgers, the Packers and the fans with zero accountability. Some of us saw this coming but I am sure some will defend Thompson to the end. After all there were people that stayed on the Titanic as it sunk.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He is under contract now, next year, and 2019. Even if he doesn't want to extend beyond that point, we would franchise tag him a couple times and make sure he goes nowhere. Why does this keep coming up?

Because Rodgers could say hell with it and demand a trade after witnessing this giant **** with more perspective. Look at Marty B. He got the hell out of dodge. Why would you want to keep a disgruntled player around?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Rodgers could say hell with it and demand a trade after witnessing this giant **** with more perspective. Look at Marty B. He got the hell out of dodge. Why would you want to keep a disgruntled player around?

We went through this in 2013 and the first couple games were pretty similar. I'm sure that Aaron Rodgers already had a pretty good idea of how important he is to the team.

And Marty B is not Aaron Rodgers. Those situations aren't even close to similar either given the circumstances of Bennett's departure.

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? GB has now demonstrated that they do not know what to do with a HOF QB.
Remember 99 (Rhodes) and the TE Coach that became HC and GM?
Disaster town. Favre doesn’t get another.
This now seems like a similar road, lucky 6 years ago with a mediocre defense and the 2nd coming at QB.
The ****** leadership and management of this org is pissing away another SB op for a HOF QB.
Fear a return to the 70’s

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We went through this in 2013 and the first couple games were pretty similar. I'm sure that Aaron Rodgers already had a pretty good idea of how important he is to the team.

And Marty B is not Aaron Rodgers. Those situations aren't even close to similar either given the circumstances of Bennett's departure.

That's right. It is different. Rodgers is 33. This injury could create more urgency for him. You put Rodgers on a team like Jacksonville or KC and he would clean up on Super Bowl rings and MVP"s. He could go down as the "greatest ever". Why would he want to stick around with a not go "all in" mentality at this stage of his career?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As a Packers fan, I would hate to see it. But if I'm Aaron Rodgers, hell yes I would. This team is an absolute joke. The fact that Aaron Rodgers has made this team relevant to the point that they are always talked about as Super Bowl contenders is absolutely remarkable, given that when he isn't on the field the entire team looks like deer in the headlights.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because it gives talking heads that don't exist for any other reason than to pander to people who need something to talk about a reason to listen to them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? GB has now demonstrated that they do not know what to do with a HOF QB.
Remember 99 (Rhodes) and the TE Coach that became HC and GM?
Disaster town. Favre doesn’t get another.
This now seems like a similar road, lucky 6 years ago with a mediocre defense and the 2nd coming at QB.
The ****** leadership and management of this org is pissing away another SB op for a HOF QB.
Fear a return to the 70’s
there are a few reasons Favre doesn't have another and at least 2 of them are interceptions against the Eagles and one against the Giants that ended any chances he'd have. One of those years we had an 1800 yard rusher too and he blew it. the other is Terrell Davis

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a fan I can't answer this fairly because I just don't have all the knowledge of the mechanisms that keeps this team running or the business of football.

And how much does a QB have a say in who gets selected onto the team anyway?
Is a "Give me this or else..." attitude or demand part of the contract process?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Ok so where would he rather be? What teams have a great defense, massive open cap space and need a QB that are a better option than Green Bay? I truly hate some of these discussion boards. If your going to say Rodgers should leave, at least give a realistic option on where he could possibly go that would be a better option. I would love to hear it.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so where would he rather be? What teams have a great defense, massive open cap space and need a QB that are a better option than Green Bay? I truly hate some of these discussion boards. If your going to say Rodgers should leave, at least give a realistic option on where he could possibly go that would be a better option. I would love to hear it.
Denver? Arizona? Jacksonville? Minnesota?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I gave two examples in previous posts. There are many many teams that would be a Super Bowl contender with him that I would be willing to bet would give him a way better chance to achieve his goals.

Why would he want to continue to fiddle fart around with TT and just remain competitive?

RepStar15

Reaction score
Denver? Arizona? Jacksonville? Minnesota?
Jacksonville in 2018 is already 1.2 million dollars over the cap meaning they will have absolutely no money to make a massive AR signing. Kansas City is 22 million over the cap. Denver only has 15 million in cap space and with how their line and WR are looking is he in a better spot there? He would have a better defense in minnesota unless they signed rodgers than they wouldn’t be able to afford their young defensive players. Would he be on a better team in Arizona? They have the same record as us. He has made playoffs almost every year as a Packer. Every team you named likely will not make playoffs this year with the exception of minnesota only because rodgers isn’t playing for us. If Rodgers was in the game minnesota would not be in playoffs.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacksonville in 2018 is already 1.2 million dollars over the cap meaning they will have absolutely no money to make a massive AR signing. Kansas City is 22 million over the cap. Denver only has 15 million in cap space and with how their line and WR are looking is he in a better spot there? He would have a better defense in minnesota unless they signed rodgers than they wouldn’t be able to afford their young defensive players. Would he be on a better team in Arizona? They have the same record as us. He has made playoffs almost every year as a Packer. Every team you named likely will not make playoffs this year with the exception of minnesota only because rodgers isn’t playing for us. If Rodgers was in the game minnesota would not be in playoffs.
If any of those teams had the chance to get Rodgers they'd damn well find a way to make it happen. I made those suggestions not knowing what their salary cap situations were because why would I know? I'm not a fan of those teams. You're correct in that those teams aren't making the playoffs. That's because they don't have an Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback. But they do have better rosters than the Packers do. Truth is Rodgers would win anywhere he goes, just like Lebron James would. It's just a matter of joining a team that has the pieces around him to contend for a Super Bowl so he doesn't have to carry the entire team like he does here in Green Bay.

(Side note. Actually I think the Jaguars will win their division and make the playoffs, but it's certainly not because of Blake Bortles.)

RepStar15

Reaction score
If any of those teams had the chance to get Rodgers they'd damn well find a way to make it happen. I made those suggestions not knowing what their salary cap situations were because why would I know? I'm not a fan of those teams. You're correct in that those teams aren't making the playoffs. That's because they don't have an Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback. But they do have better rosters than the Packers do. Truth is Rodgers would win anywhere he goes, just like Lebron James would. It's just a matter of joining a team that has the pieces around him to contend for a Super Bowl so he doesn't have to carry the entire team like he does here in Green Bay.

(Side note. Actually I think the Jaguars will win their division and make the playoffs, but it's certainly not because of Blake Bortles.)
So what your saying is they are in the exact same boat as the packers. Make playoffs with him but not without him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

That's right. The salary cap can be manipulated and pressed. It's just most Packer fans aren't used to it as there used to the ways of TT. For example I would bet nobody would be lining up to pay Clay Matthews 15 million dollars.

Seattle for example presses the salary cap and goes "All in" every year. Heck they even trade draft picks to win now and that's with a 28 year old QB. Were sitting with a very flawed roster with a 33 year old QB. There is just little to no urgency with the Packers.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what your saying is they are in the exact same boat as the packers. Make playoffs with him but not without him.
It's not the exact same. Those teams have actual Super Bowl contending caliber talent that's being held back by bad quarterbacking. The Packers have Super Bowl caliber quarterbacking being held back by mediocre at best talent, It's actually the exact opposite. Take away the starting quarterback of those teams and Rodgers and tell me which teams do the Packers have more talent then?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can opt out of his contract next year so it is a possibility, and I wouldn't blame him for leaving. Teddy has wasted away enough of his Hall of Fame career.

Found an interesting read on this.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...n-Rodgers-to-test-free-agent-market-110144477

I have not seen a thing from any reputable sourse since Rodgers signed that contract years ago about an opt out clause after 2017.

Sounds like a second rate writer misinterpreting some information and carelessly spreading it like wildfire.

If he had an opt out after this year he'd be exercising it regardless even if he wanted to stay since his market is much higher than his salary.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's not the exact same. Those teams have actual Super Bowl contending caliber talent that's being held back by bad quarterbacking. The Packers have Super Bowl caliber quarterbacking being held back by mediocre at best talent, It's actually the exact opposite. Take away the starting quarterback of those teams and Rodgers and tell me which teams do the Packers have more talent then?

Some experts have come out calling the Packers roster "bottom 8"

RepStar15

Reaction score
Tell me what team loses their starting QB in week 6 and gets into playoffs?

2001 patriots Tom Brady, 98 or 99 rams Kurt Warner and the 70s Steelers with Terry Bradshaw in the are the only names that come to my mind. Oh yah, and they ended up being longtime starters in the league with a lot of success.

Loosing Rodgers with a 4-1 record destroyed the confidence of this football team. Probably Because they see Hundleys ceiling every day at work.